• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film Shocking October 2022: Autumn Rises From the Tomb! Fall Into a Crypt of Terror!

Don't Let The Riverbeast Get You! (2012, Dir. Charles Roxburgh, USA)

I'm glad that the movie decides to warn you before the scary parts

There's a gag involving a statue in this that is absolutely legendary

October 31st

Halloween (1978) Dir. John Carpenter, USA

What can I say? Do I have anything original to say about Halloween? About John "Great American Director" Carpenter? Scary and beautiful, great music, perfectly paced, Jamie Lee Curtis burning up the screen. Donald Pleascense extremely satisfied with himself for scaring some kids. Its perfect. HAPPY HALLOWEEN šŸŽƒ 5/5

October 28th

Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989), Shinya Tsukamoto, Japan

Roger Ebert: The movies are like a machine that generates empathy.

Me: Wrong as usual old man, the movies are like a machine that generates gross metal dudes with drill penises beating the shit out of each other. 5/5
"We can rust the world into the dust of the universe." Great movie? Or greatest movie?

Awesome thread, everyone has been watching a great selection of stuff. Happy Halloween everyone!

Halloween (1978, Dir. John Carpenter, USA)

The perfect film to finish this off! One of Carpenter's best. Love those shots where Micheal is out of focus in the background, and then starts to approach or starts to get up. So tense! So creepy! The ending is phenomenal. They made many sequels to this that fail utterly at recapturing its power, that try to follow up, add detail when none is needed. Nothing beats the way it ends here; the understanding that Micheal cannot be stopped, and that he's still somewhere out there.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Back
Top Bottom