• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Shmup fans must be loving the Switch

If you picked up Twin Cobra, you might be interested to know that Fire Shark, also by Toaplan, is coming in April.

Damn, I bought Galactic Attack on Saturn a few months ago for…$70ish.

Hope we get a nice physical edition. And they work on porting Raystorm next, it’s the game that got me in to the genre.

Need to get around to trying out Akai Katana, so that is welcome news!

Demo of Galactic Attack up on the Japanese eShop.
Yep, I guess to address the bad rep City Connection and Zebra engine deservedly earned with the awful Saturn Tribute games already released, they’ve put up a Layer Section/ Galactic Attack demo, atm it’s jpn eShop exclusive but it is fully in English/multi-language, go into settings) and I'm happy to say that while not perfect it is night and day with the 11 frames of lag of Guardian Force.

It’s on the updated Zebra engine, so now I sure hope they'll patch the other Saturn Tribute releases with the engine's latest update, I’d love to finally be able to play and enjoy Guardian Force… (own the Cotton games as well but GF is a freaking gem and really unique) fingers crossed!

What, Galactic Attack coming to Switch!? I loved that game on the Saturn! I'll have to check out the demo.

Delayed from December until some time this year.
Welp, time to play the waiting game.

On another note I got the Dragon Maid shmup and its... mediocre at best (I wasn't expecting anything great tbh) and it could be better if only they patch it to show the hitbox (how do you do make a modern danmaku game and not show the hitbox dammit)

Next M2 Shottriggers game for Switch launches on April 28 in Japan.

飛翔鮫!鮫!鮫! -TOAPLAN ARCADE GARAGE-​

Flying Shark! Shark! Shark!

Lately itching for more shoot em up action. I wish they ported Hyper Duel to it.

Ok, I hate schmup (I completely suck at them) but thanks to the switch I finally played Ikaruga and that game is a masterpiece and I loved it so I guess it is true that the switch is a great console for schmups

Yesterday was quite an occasion for shmup fans: Dodonpachi DaiOuJou is out on PS4 and Switch! One of the great (if not the greatest) modern bullet hell shooters in my (and many others') opinion.

I'm waiting to get my physical copy, but I might double dip on a digital copy as well.

Electrical Underground celebrated the release by doing a 4 hour stream:

I'm not really a shmup fan, but I can appreciate the minor shmup elements indie dev Skipmore adds to their games, such as the minigame Fairune Blast:

It also seems Skipmore is toying with the idea of creating a shmup in the future:

I finally got my backer code for Triggerheart Exelica and it's a very good port. It feels good when you capture the huge airships and throws it to the enemies

I finally got my backer code for Triggerheart Exelica and it's a very good port. It feels good when you capture the huge airships and throws it to the enemies

Legit hyped for this. Really enjoyed watching the TGS stream! Hope it's coming west soon.

once again feeling sad that none of the M2 Shot Triggers games have gotten an international release...DOJ/Blissful Death is the first one I may actually make the effort to buy JP eShop credit for

Went to Japan to search for Hyper Duel for Saturn, but unfortunately was nowhere to be found. I did find Ketsui Kizuna Jigoku Tachi for DS.

once again feeling sad that none of the M2 Shot Triggers games have gotten an international release...DOJ/Blissful Death is the first one I may actually make the effort to buy JP eShop credit for

Ketsui (PS4), Dangun + Garegga (Xbox + PS4) are out in some parts of the West. I bought them on JP PSN though.

Back
Top Bottom