• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation coming west for PS4, Switch and PC on August 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazi

picross pundit
Publisher Neos Corporation and developer Millennium Kitchen will release Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation – The Endless Seven-Day Journey for PlayStation 4 and Switch in August worldwide, the companies announced. It will support English, Japanese, German, Spanish, and Portuguese subtitle options.

In Japan, where the game is currently available for Switch, the initial PlayStation 4 release will be digital-only, but a physical edition is also planned. Further information regarding the physical release will follow at a later date.

It is currently unknown whether a physical edition is planned for release in the west.

main-2lxk5l.jpeg

This was my #1 localization dream and it's finally happening! So happy.

Really glad to hear this, finally a full Millennium Kitchen game (since AotFM was a small project for Level 5) makes it over. I hope it gets a physical release.

Heard very positive things about the game ! Glad we get it, and can't wait to play it

No french but spanish and portuguese localization is hilarious, but it does make sense given its popularity in those countries, if anything it's probably the main reason why it is releasing worldwide.
Still a shame at no french localization. Shin chan might be way more niche here, France still is Japan-2.
Oh well, will gladly play it in english ! Can't wait.

Check Attack of the Friday Monsters while you're at it, on 3DS, the other director's game that got localized in english !

Very happy for this but if it only gets an English release (which I would assume would be digital only at least here in Germany) then I might just buy the Hong Kong or Taiwan version. Especially if it doesn't include Japanese and Chinese.

No french but spanish and portuguese localization is hilarious, but it does make sense given its popularity in those countries, if anything it's probably the main reason why it is releasing worldwide.
Still a shame at no french localization. Shin chan might be way more niche here, France still is Japan-2.

Check Attack of the Friday Monsters while you're at it, on 3DS, the other director's game that got localized in english !
I remember meeting the director of the Shin-Chan anime at a manga convention here that wasn't even in Madrid or Barcelona. This is how popular Shin-Chan is in Spain and Portugal.

I've been wanting a localised version of one of the My Summer Vacation games for the longest time and while this isn't that, it certainly seems like the next best thing. Also loved Attack of the Friday Monsters, so this has jumped right to the top of my anticipated games for 2022.

I have very little interest in Shin-chan, but on the other hand I'm full of interest in Boku no Natsuyasumi ever since I played Attack of the Friday Monsters, so I'll definitely pick this up at some point!

Hope The west Means USA and Europe i so wanna play this game. I wish i could find a place to watch the show with subs

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm genuinely curious. When I read the Crayon Shin-chan mangas decades ago, some of the jokes were how Shin-chan often behaving inappropriately around women (sexually harassing if we're being honest). Does the modern day Shin-chan content tone that down?

Hope The west Means USA and Europe i so wanna play this game. I wish i could find a place to watch the show with subs
Yes it'll release in both Europe and America ! Localized in english, german, spanish, portuguese

Is the one where the character and his humor is lewd? Or am I thinking of another game-based-on-a-show that was revealed in the Japanese version of a Direct/Nindie from earlier in the year? Does anyone know what I'm talking about lol

edit:
Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm genuinely curious. When I read the Crayon Shin-chan mangas decades ago, some of the jokes were how Shin-chan often behaving inappropriately around women (sexually harassing if we're being honest). Does the modern day Shin-chan content tone that down?
Ah, okay, yes, this is it then

Pleasantly surprised the Shin-chan game is actually getting localised. I have lots of great childhood memories about this series, so I'm hoping I will be able to relive those with that game in some way!

Is the Switch version confirmed for the West? Who is distributing it in EU?
The official twitter account of the localized version of the game included this image on its very first tweet (alongside another one featuring the PS4 logo instead):

FWUJ-47-WQAQZv-Jv.jpg

So, unless something went very wrong, we can assume that the Switch version is coming west too. No idea about who is going to publish it, though.

The official twitter account of the localized version of the game included this image on its very first tweet (alongside another one featuring the PS4 logo instead):

FWUJ-47-WQAQZv-Jv.jpg

So, unless something went very wrong, we can assume that the Switch version is coming west too. No idea about who is going to publish it, though.
most likely published by Neos as the JP version

What is the gameplay like i wonder is it story based or life sim based.
According to some previews I have read, the core gameplay is life sim based, but the game also has a pinch of a (light) mystery plot in it.

I very much enjoyed this game.

Little bummed they don't have the Chinese language options for the European release but still sick let's goooo

no way to get this physical, right?
not in the west
Several Spanish websites have reported today that the game will have a western physical release, including a collector's edition. However, instead of being a regular release, it will be through Limited Run Games. So yeah, it's far from perfect, but it's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom