• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Share your music thread

D

Deleted member 2

Hey Famiboards, let's use this as a thread to share our music.

I've had a couple failed starts earlier in the site's lifespan, but maybe this time we can get some takers.

It doesn't matter what kind of music you make, or if you write, perform, produce, rap, sing, or resample ambient field recordings. Let's hear it!

I'll start:

Here's a bop I finished tweaking a few hours ago.
It's an electronic "future pop" style track with heavy uses of sampling and vocal modulation.
Scattered throughout this mix are Bieber vocal chops, a Game Boy sound chip, and some sounds from the Nintendo Switch OS.

Hey Famiboards, let's use this as a thread to share our music.

I've had a couple failed starts earlier in the site's lifespan, but maybe this time we can get some takers.

It doesn't matter what kind of music you make, or if you write, perform, produce, rap, sing, or resample ambient field recordings. Let's hear it!

I'll start:

Here's a bop I finished tweaking a few hours ago.
It's an electronic "future pop" style track with heavy uses of sampling and vocal modulation.
Scattered throughout this mix are Bieber vocal chops, a Game Boy sound chip, and some sounds from the Nintendo Switch OS.

Damn this is awesome!! Really fun track.

The mixes for my band are super delayed but I will post them as soon as I get them.

I sing! Band is called the EXOHS and it's a new age pop-rock sound. I can DM you an early mix if you're interested.

I'd love that, I love me some pop music.
PS. I also sing too!

@bellydrum

@Christo750

Here, have some Dvorak:

And some Charles Ives:

And some Hector Berlioz:

And some Heitor Villa-Lobos:

And some Sergei Prokofiev:

And some Bela Bartok:

Edit: From the depths of my YouTube playlists.

This is wonderful and what I'm going to be listening to for the next hour

But this thread is about sharing your own music! Lol

This is wonderful and what I'm going to be listening to for the next hour

But this thread is about sharing your own music! Lol
Ooooohhhhhh

In which case, I'll do a shameless plug-in just in case anyone needs this thread:

Just in case anyone wants to share music, although this wouldn't really count as a "Share music" thread.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

This is an older recording that definitely needs to be redone, but my friends had started this band in university and put out a whole album before I joined. Afterwards, this was one of the songs we worked on and is going to be on the second album whenever that gets recorded over the summer

Ooooohhhhhh

In which case, I'll do a shameless plug-
Come on it was right in the OP lol

I'm just trying to help any musicians come out of the woodwork. I know we're out here

Come on it was right in the OP lol

I'm just trying to help any musicians come out of the woodwork. I know we're out here
Sorry. I skimmed the thread and just wanted to post something. Won't do it again.

I want to bump this thread to shout out @bellydrum who just did such wonderful work on one of my band's songs and I can't stop listening to it. You're the real deal pal and you do a wonderful job on this site.

Once we're published, y'all are in for a treat.

I want to bump this thread to shout out @bellydrum who just did such wonderful work on one of my band's songs and I can't stop listening to it. You're the real deal pal and you do a wonderful job on this site.

Once we're published, y'all are in for a treat.
hey! that's me!

I'm really excited I got to meet you and work on stuff together. And I'm even more excited you're happy with the results

I make gabber and I try to make just beats but if anyone likes my stuff in glad!

Everything shared in this thread is really nice!! I hope I will be able to share something in the future as well. I only really have phone recordings of ideas, I never take the time to polish them and turn them into something I'm actually happy with. But once I get there I will it share it with everybody who cares!

Fami, I can finally share this! TODAY is the day that The EXOHs debuts!

Please stream it, add to playlists, share it, love it, hate it, despise it and me, idc!

Very proud moment in my life rn. Thank you all for letting me share!

I've started to make music! After, like, a 7 year hiatus.

Just uploaded a cover of "Shelter" by Birdy, which I feel like I could share here.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! After more than one and a half years I finally finished my first full length solo album a couple of months back. Everything, from playing and recording the instruments and vocals, to mixing and mastering (for better or worse lol) was done by myself. The only thing someone else provided is the fantastic cover artwork.

The project is called Into Denial and can be listened to on various streaming services. Spotify is the most popular, but for those who don't have an account you should be able to listen to the whole thing on bandcamp.

The genre is something between Heavy and Power Metal, with the latter half of the album going a bit into Progressive Metal territory. There's also a bit of Greek Folk here and there.

Maybe someone will like what they hear! I'll listen to the tracks that were shared here later in the evening.

Fami, my band, the EXOHs, are putting out their second single called "Sorry For Yourself"!! It's one of my favorites.

3000x3000-3935927--E3154D53-853F-4FD4-B480348232E20EAD--0--2615222--525A9B8482594536836B26D2C6C8FD47.jpg

You could pre-save it on Spotify if you'd like!

I picked up FL Studio at the beginning of this year and I've been working on it when I can find the time. My primary interest is in making orchestral, soundtrack-style music, although certainly the stuff I've been able to produce so far is fairly basic and not super-polished. But I'm at least semi-satisfied with my progress on a few tracks so I figured it couldn't hurt to share them.

@bellydrum, is it alright to ask questions about how everyone is approaching promoting their music and discuss the strategies, or would you rather this be done in a different thread?

I picked up FL Studio at the beginning of this year and I've been working on it when I can find the time. My primary interest is in making orchestral, soundtrack-style music, although certainly the stuff I've been able to produce so far is fairly basic and not super-polished. But I'm at least semi-satisfied with my progress on a few tracks so I figured it couldn't hurt to share them.

It's a great start! Track 2 specifically is giving me some OG FF7 vibes.

@bellydrum, is it alright to ask questions about how everyone is approaching promoting their music and discuss the strategies, or would you rather this be done in a different thread?
I think this is a fine place for that kind of discussion

I'm currently trying to get songs into spotify playlists and it's proving much more frustrating than I anticipated.
There are websites like Submithub, which feels quite arbitrary and random. Furthermore you're at the mercy of the combination of genres, moods and tags you use, which limits the potential number of curators quite severely. For one song I had a whole two people I could pitch it to lol

I've read before about finding smaller Facebook (oof) groups that specialize in Spotify playlists and trying your luck there. Well, I did so a couple of days ago and it seems that you're basically forced to pay if you want to get into any playlist. There are dozens of curators who are searching for artists. They ask you to send them a dm and then comes the negotiating. Not really something I'm interested at the moment.

Funnily enough, the most "success" I've had so far promoting music was through directly messaging folks (RIP friends and family lol), posting in forums and a few posts on Reddit of all places.

I'm curious to hear the experiences of other artists. How are you promoting your music? What would you recommend, what should be avoided?

@Vaenyr, funny of you to mention SubmitHub because I finally tried that this week. The results were very interesting.

The EXOHs is not as hard to put into a box I guess so I filled out the genres and moods and everything, and there are people, based on our two songs, denying both, accepting one or the other, but most of all, giving feedback. SubmitHub gives you the option to request feedback from denials and you can ask them to be gentle or be brutally honest and screw it, I'm 31, I can handle a little bit of criticism and I'd rather know now if my shit sucks so I don't have to waste my time. And it's crazy just how much it varies. It's honestly very humbling to know my stuff isn't for everybody, and sometimes the feedback is fair, and boils down to "hey we really liked this but for this playlist I'm not sure."

But for one of our songs I heard "Good song but I donโ€™t totally feel the middle verse. Overall itโ€™s a good work, keep going."

Like, what am I supposed to do with that? Lol. The second verse is the same as the first! Do you mean lyrically? Did you not like the feedback leaving the chorus, did you not like the drum pattern, etc.

Some of the feedback essentially amounts to "Beautiful song; I like when the drums go bang and the vocals go AHHHH but together it's not perfect so it's a no from me, sorry!"

It's so funny. When I first started releasing music I thought I was going to hate hearing people's reactions, but this? I genuinely love it.

Also both of our songs have gotten like 3-5 approvals for playlists too so it's honestly all over the spectrum. It's a nice reminder that there's no one way to do things and your favorite track is just not going to work for everybody. Very humbling.

First time seeing this thread and wow, you're all making some serious music in here! Really good stuff.

Because yeah, my stuff is completely casual/amateur in comparison. My brother gave me his old MacBook when I was 17 and out of sheer boredom (or rather start of my chronic depression) I started dabbling around in Garage Band there (and then Logic) because I listened to a lot of rap music at the time and thought why not just try to make a beat myself. Soon afterwards I started getting into soundtracks and so I did stuff in that direction.

It was completely for self-satisfaction, though. I'm 28 now, but most of the stuff I've made was when I was 18-21 years old and only my mother and brother ever heard (or overheard) some of the music when I was at my MacBook. I made stuff very sporadically because my depression was at an all-time high in those years. So literally everything I've ever done was created in one all-nighter when I had a very rare and sudden mood upswing while still having insomnia. Funny how that works, though, as now when I listen to the tracks I actually have nostalgia for a time where I was utterly miserable.

Anyway, at the time I never exported anything because it always sounded worse than in the music software program itself (and it already didn't/doesn't sound good already as I didn't directly give any thought to mixing, nevermind mastering). A few years ago my brother gave me an as ancient but living MacBook from his workplace as the OG one died around half a decade ago. Plugged the HDD in where I still have all my Garage Band/Logic files saved and exported a few of the tracks nevertheless just so I don't have to be at that MacBook when I have a craving to listen to some of my stuff (that MacBook has since been residing at my Mother's place because she needs something resembling a computer).

It's really bad technically, but at least better than the phone recordings I do now when recording something from my E-Piano haha.

Still, this is the first time I've ever uploaded or have directly shown any of the stuff I did! That last one is one of the few recent ones, recent as in created 6 years ago - I started playing piano with 20, so that's a tune I quickly recorded from the E-Piano I had at the time to keep it in memory.

I really, really commend you folks! It takes a lot of patience to make music seriously - all the mixing, mastering, fitting instrumensation, editing of instruments, recording, knowledge of the software program at large - and I never had that patience. The tracks I've made above and everything else I always considered concepts/snippets because after that one all-nighter where I made something I essentially never touched that track again because everything else I had in mind would take too much work and/or I didn't know how to do. That's probably why I have also never shown my music to anyone else before now.
Also a tangent, but I especially had no patience creating more intricate percussion and drums on a keyboard, that is such a laborious process.

Wow, that got long. Thanks for listening to my TED-Talk.

Last edited:
@Christo750, yeah, the feedback you can get via SubmitHub is all kinds of whack lol
There's the Hot Or Not feature, where you rate the songs of other artist. Through that you can earn premium credits for free.
I submitted a few of my songs on there and the feedback was quite perplexing at points. Some people like the songs, some hate them, which was expected obviously. Had to laugh a lot when I got things like "Really loved the song! 62/100". Like, give me some more pointers that would explain the rating at least lol

I've abandoned SubmitHub for now, since I wasn't getting anywhere unfortunately. I shifted my focus and I'm working on uploading my songs to my YouTube channel, updating my Spotify and Bandcamp pages and then I'll write to a few metal websites that I found, which review indie artists as well. I randomly got a review from a prog site, which apparently liked the music enough (no specifics unfortunately), but absolutely hated the lyrics. I took it with humor, but I would've loved a bit more in depth criticisms to see what the issues were exactly.

Currently working on the lyrics for my second album though, which I'll start recording next month probably. Let's see how the process will be this time, after learning a lot the previous time.

It's really bad technically, but at least better than the phone recordings I do now when recording something from my E-Piano haha.

Still, this is the first time I've ever uploaded or have directly shown any of the stuff I did! That last one is one of the few recent ones, recent as in created 6 years ago - I started playing piano with 20, so that's a tune I quickly recorded from the E-Piano I had at the time to keep it in memory.

I really, really commend you folks! It takes a lot of patience to make music seriously - all the mixing, mastering, fitting instrumensation, editing of instruments, recording, knowledge of the software program at large - and I never had that patience. The tracks I've made above and everything else I always considered concepts/snippets because after that one all-nighter where I made something I essentially never touched that track again because everything else I had in mind would take too much work and/or I didn't know how to do. That's probably why I have also never shown my music to anyone else before now.
Also a tangent, but I especially had no patience creating more intricate percussion and drums on a keyboard, that is such a laborious process.

Wow, that got long. Thanks for listening to my TED-Talk.

@sanstea, gave the songs you shared a listen and I'm enjoying them a lot actually! Maybe it's because I'm currently rewatching Breaking Bad and listening to the soundtrack albums, but your tracks, and your approach to instrumentation and soundscapes in particular, really remind me of Dave Porter (the BrBa composer).
I know, artists usually tend to be their own biggest critics, but I feel like you're being a bit too harsh on yourself. From a production standpoint I fell you're actually mostly there, like a good 95%. Of course we can always get better software and we chase better sounds, but I can easily imagine hearing these tracks in a professional video game and I wouldn't complain. Black Ice and Shadowy Light in particular are awesome!

@sanstea, gave the songs you shared a listen and I'm enjoying them a lot actually! Maybe it's because I'm currently rewatching Breaking Bad and listening to the soundtrack albums, but your tracks, and your approach to instrumentation and soundscapes in particular, really remind me of Dave Porter (the BrBa composer).
I know, artists usually tend to be their own biggest critics, but I feel like you're being a bit too harsh on yourself. From a production standpoint I fell you're actually mostly there, like a good 95%. Of course we can always get better software and we chase better sounds, but I can easily imagine hearing these tracks in a professional video game and I wouldn't complain. Black Ice and Shadowy Light in particular are awesome!

Thank you very much!

Yeah, you're right. Think it's just that I don't feel like I have put enough work/time/effort into these tracks as I would like to at all in an ideal environment when listening to them now. But I never intended to pursue this professionally in any way so it's kind of a pointlessly negative way of thinking.

And yes, I know Dave Porter and kind of get what you're going at! I actually have a track lying around which isn't exported that in terms of soundscape and especially instrumentation could be straight from him haha.

Last edited:
Hi Fami! My group, the EXOHs, are back with a double release! Listen to "Spark" and "2:00 to Self-Destruct" here. The former was the first song we made together that made me feel like it wasn't too late in our lives to put music out and pursue our passions again. It means a lot to me so I hope y'all give it a shot and please let me know what you think if you feel inclined.

Hi, not really my music but a DJ set I did last week on radio. Starts on about 04:00, hope you enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Fami, back at it again with another EXOHs joint.

But this time, it's in the form of a music video! With my very mid mug. Hope you all like it!

EDIT: holy shit I have committed a cardinal sin!

This song has a mixing engineer that was none other than your very own @bellydrum !!!! He did a wonderful job on it. Safe to say this is the best sounding song Iโ€™ve ever been on.

Last edited:
Hi Fami, back at it again with another EXOHs joint.

But this time, it's in the form of a music video! With my very mid mug. Hope you all like it!

EDIT: holy shit I have committed a cardinal sin!

This song has a mixing engineer that was none other than your very own @bellydrum !!!! He did a wonderful job on it. Safe to say this is the best sounding song Iโ€™ve ever been on.

Hey I love this song!

Here's a cut I arranged and produced over the past couple days. I really like this sound and would like to continue making more with this exact setup.

Here's a new one I just finished. It's a rework of a previous idea I had

hey yโ€™all, itโ€™s apparently Bandcamp Friday

Iโ€™ve been working on a ton of music for my game, Grรถgol Bonanza, and have an OST preview getting a full album treatment later this year

but Iโ€™ve also been making a ton of in-game band music โ€” the world has a sizable and varied provincial music scene, crucial to the plot and lore!

check out some of my three-song EPs, each as a different in-game band. more on the way!

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I just do rather crude and stripped down GarageBand covers of songs I like :p usually with AI separated samples. learned how to do everything myself. Ableton Live scares me

Last edited:
I just do rather crude and stripped down GarageBand covers of songs I like :p usually with AI separated samples. learned how to do everything myself. Ableton Live scares me

Hell yeah, teaching yourself is where it's at. Nice beat

Hi Fami! Bumping this thread to tell everyone that my band has an EP out TODAY!

we've been working on it for a really long time and it's finally out and i am very happy. i hope you find something in it that makes you happy too!

Back
Top Bottom