• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Secret...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1141
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1141

What's in there?

unknown.png

It's a toggle for some sort of RSS feed, linking to sites and Twitter accounts such as Nintendo Life and Wario64.
It's displayed at the bottom of the page, and is managed by a chain chomp with a bow on their head.

The only issue is that it looks like it only displays properly on the front page and similar areas. The Chain Chomp will follow you into a proper thread, they just can't display the news for some reason.
unknown.png

It's a toggle for some sort of RSS feed, linking to sites and Twitter accounts such as Nintendo Life and Wario64.
It's displayed at the bottom of the page, and is managed by a chain chomp with a bow on their head.

The only issue is that it looks like it only displays properly on the front page and similar areas. The Chain Chomp will follow you into a proper thread, they just can't display the news for some reason.
unknown.png

You got it.

What you were describing was a bug, but I've fixed it now.

The feed now follows you around the whole site.

I've implemented a ten second buffer per browser that applies to requests from Famifeed to the RSS API.
Every ten seconds the buffer resets, and the next page load will make a request for RSS updates.
During that ten seconds, however, instead of getting the headlines from the RSS feeds, it pulls them from the document cookie.
The bug came from how I was storing the headlines in the cookie.

Actually that's a great idea and it does indeed look awesome, kudos.

Back
Top Bottom