• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Scream VI trailer released

Chie

Satonaka Style
Looks incredible and Ghostface looks to be having a better time in New York than Jason did. I'm also super happy they are going back to numbering these offficially. Scream 5 was really great and a ton of fun. Anyone else excited?

Looks incredible and Ghostface looks to be having a better time in New York than Jason did. I'm also super happy they are going back to numbering these offficially. Scream 5 was really great and a ton of fun. Anyone else excited?

Super pumped. Scream remains my favorite horror franchise, and I feel like VI has the potential to be better than 5 (which I very much enjoyed) because it'll allow Radio Silence to be less constrained by past installments. Feels like it's fully their own movie this time!

I miss Emily on days like these - I recall her being a huge movie buff with an affinity for Scream in particular over most other horror franchises. Wish she was here to hype with us :(

Super pumped. Scream remains my favorite horror franchise, and I feel like VI has the potential to be better than 5 (which I very much enjoyed) because it'll allow Radio Silence to be less constrained by past installments. Feels like it's fully their own movie this time!

I miss Emily on days like these - I recall her being a huge movie buff with an affinity for Scream in particular over most other horror franchises. Wish she was here to hype with us :(
Seeing Ghostface massacre the people in that gas station was bold. Usually they will do their killings on isolation. We did get a broad day out in the open kill in the last movie but this seems on a different level. I'm excited to see where this goes. Also wonders what's up with the worn Ghostface mask.

Yeah I miss seeing Emily around. Wish she would drop by and say hello. I don't need any hints or anything from her, just kiss having her around the forum.

No Sidney is such a bummer still, but seeing Kirby return is lthe best possible alternate. She was absolutely amazing in 4 and truly hope that she stays awesome.
And the trailer, it sure is something else. It goes hard compared to the older films. But man, some of those moments in the trailer are rough.
That muzzle flash just moved along with the shotgun, because... Reasons? And those two audio edits: "We need to lure him in." and that "Head" by Gale are just... Terrible...

But man, some of those moments in the trailer are rough.
That muzzle flash just moved along with the shotgun, because... Reasons? And those two audio edits: "We need to lure him in." and that "Head" by Gale are just... Terrible...
I can't believe "lure him in" especially made it into the final cut. Dreadful audio splice. Movie is probably gonna go hard though

I really enjoyed part 5, love the entire concept of guessing who the killer(s) are. Can’t wait to see this. They really picked the series back off its feet after part 3 (the worst one in my opinion).

I really enjoyed part 5, love the entire concept of guessing who the killer(s) are. Can’t wait to see this. They really picked the series back off its feet after part 3 (the worst one in my opinion).
I really wish we could have gotten what Kevin Williamson was planning for it originally. We can thank the Weinesteins for funding that all up. The film producer in the movie is basically Harvey though, eery foreshadowing.

I can't believe "lure him in" especially made it into the final cut. Dreadful audio splice. Movie is probably gonna go hard though
We'll see, but man I hope the final edit manages to step besides these edits...
I really wish we could have gotten what Kevin Williamson was planning for it originally. We can thank the Weinesteins for funding that all up. The film producer in the movie is basically Harvey though, eery foreshadowing.
While the comparison was (according to Ehren Kruger) entirely coincidental, but considering he got pointers from Craven... Yeah, I strongly have my doubt about that though.
But Scream 3 with the original plan of having Stu doing everything behind the scenes out from prison, yeah I don't know if that's something I could get behind. But considering Craven was fighting for an R rating on the film we did get, that would've been really interesting seeing those two go at the original concept together...

We'll see, but man I hope the final edit manages to step besides these edits...

While the comparison was (according to Ehren Kruger) entirely coincidental, but considering he got pointers from Craven... Yeah, I strongly have my doubt about that though.
But Scream 3 with the original plan of having Stu doing everything behind the scenes out from prison, yeah I don't know if that's something I could get behind. But considering Craven was fighting for an R rating on the film we did get, that would've been really interesting seeing those two go at the original concept together...
For me it's just looking at how good 1, 2, and 4 turned out I am willing to bet Williamson could have pulled it off in a satisfactory way. I think it would have been more interesting and better put together than the elevator pitch of a description we have to go on.

I don't particularly like the trailer. Just feels like the classic "this time it's special" which is always going to have diminishing returns in a franchise. However, I'm a big fan of the franchise and the new cast, so I'll definitely be watching

Speaking of Kevin Williamson - y'all should watch Sick. It's good!

For me it's just looking at how good 1, 2, and 4 turned out I am willing to bet Williamson could have pulled it off in a satisfactory way. I think it would have been more interesting and better put together than the elevator pitch of a description we have to go on.
In all fairness regarding 4, a lot of credit goes to Kruger ironically. The initial script of 4, which is Williams completely on his own, is surprisingly lackluster.

In all fairness regarding 4, a lot of credit goes to Kruger ironically. The initial script of 4, which is Williams completely on his own, is surprisingly lackluster.
True but 4 was a decade removed from the first few movies which were made much closer together

Just saw the film in theatre and... Yeah... That's certainly not the way I expected the film to go. Ghostface is absolutely freaking ruthless this time around. And I'm so, so, so, so, so grateful for the fact that Sam finally displays an emotion other than 😐 this time around. Thoroughly enjoyed it and that ending was something else. For anyone here going to see the film, absolutely do stick around for the credits!

Just saw the film in theatre and... Yeah... That's certainly not the way I expected the film to go. Ghostface is absolutely freaking ruthless this time around. And I'm so, so, so, so, so grateful for the fact that Sam finally displays an emotion other than 😐 this time around. Thoroughly enjoyed it and that ending was something else. For anyone here going to see the film, absolutely do stick around for the credits!
Can you spoil, like, as much as you want for me? How did you like it compared to past entries?

I like it way more than 3 and 5, unsure if I like it more than 4, would need to rewatch it, I don't ever see another sequel surpass the first two though. But I truly enjoyed the film and how it connects to Scream 5. The main cast is wonderful and Ghostface is brutal this time around, casually attacking and cutting up people in the middle of the street and in larger groups. Also, Mindy is godtier and I absolutely love the interplay between Gale and Kirby (what little there is though). And the lack of Sidney, yes it's unfortunate, but the film does absolutely work without her character.
My biggest issue with the film, which is the same I had with the previous film, the supporting cast, aka the people you just know who are going to absolutely get it, just barely get any worthwhile screen time. What I really enjoyed in the original bunch, even with not all that much screen time, I still remember most of the supporting cast of those films (plus the godtier Gale and Jennifer combo). They get their own scenes amongst each other and are actually integrated into the group, here and in 5, they're just kind of there in the background before they're killed. There's a really nice scene with; Sam, Tara, Mindy and Chad, and there are two other of the group, and they're literally background noise. It's a shame really.
But the kills are a-ma-zing and the way some of them went seriously had me laughing, what a few nasty ways to go 😂

I'll be seeing 6 this saturday, work won't allow me to go sooner. I've been rewatching the films this week with the Wes Craven commentaries, a cool way to get his and others thoughts on the films and how things were made. Watched 3 last night and will do 4 and 5 before saturday. The filmakers for 5 did one for that so i look forward to that.

Watched 6 in theaters and I really liked it a lot. Really brutal and has some good ties in to the previous films, more so that 5 even. Definitely don't let anyone who hasn't seen all 5 of the previous films see this one.

it names and shows pictures of all the previous killers and they are important to the plot

Really hope those rumors of 7 filming soon are true, I want to see where all this leads.

Film rankings:

oh damn i left before the scene. but i really enjoyed the movie. felt nice to see a franchise movie that still felt fresh.

and yeah, ghostface was bruuuutal. good shit.

sidenote, someone in my theater had a very very young kid with them (like maybe 6-7 years old) who started crying after the first very loud scene and i just don't understand why you think this is a good movie to take a kid that young.

sidenote, someone in my theater had a very very young kid with them (like maybe 6-7 years old) who started crying after the first very loud scene and i just don't understand why you think this is a good movie to take a kid that yoyoung.i remember when I saw It Chapter 2 in theaters around when it came out and some people had a very young child, guessing bonolder that 4 at that movie. They were crying really loud towards the end of that movie. The parents left right before the credits rolled I guess because they released there were going to get some angry looks/people telling them what bad parents they are for bringing a young child to a movie like this. That kid is going to have a nasty clown phobia as they get older. Those people are just human waste for traumatizing their child like that.

oh damn i left before the scene. but i really enjoyed the movie. felt nice to see a franchise movie that still felt fresh.

and yeah, ghostface was bruuuutal. good shit.

sidenote, someone in my theater had a very very young kid with them (like maybe 6-7 years old) who started crying after the first very loud scene and i just don't understand why you think this is a good movie to take a kid that young.
I'm not sure why my text merged in with your like that. I've tried to separate it, but it won't allow that, at least not without me retyping that entire paragraph from scratch, sorry.

I'm not sure why my text merged in with your like that. I've tried to separate it, but it won't allow that, at least not without me retyping that entire paragraph from scratch, sorry.
all good haha but at least this one i can reply to.

i genuinely thought about getting up and saying something. idk what the moral grounds for that because it's not my kid but it's not only really bad for the kid it's just selfish on their part and disruptive to everyone else. i didn't and i think they wound up taking the kid out of the theater about halfway through. still very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom