• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film SCREAM | Official Trailer (2022)

Awesome. I will for sure watch this! I think it'll be almost like your typical Scream movie.

It's probably just the trailer but it doesn't seem very playful (which I'd expect from the team behind Ready or Not and from, you know, a Scream movie). The app-controlled door locks...do people have stuff like that? What's the deal with technology, am I right.

Congrats to Courtney for not pissing off the hair stylist like she did in Scream 3 to get those bangs.

I honestly cringed at the opener with the smart locks being circumvented. Hacking and horror films rarely mix well. You know someone in some board room thought - hey we need to update this trope - how about smart locks and hacking! Meanwhile, the rest of the trailer is just traditional stabbing.

It is cool to see the old cast return, but then I am also annoyed by the fact that they don't call this Scream 5, because it clearly is.

I honestly cringed at the opener with the smart locks being circumvented. Hacking and horror films rarely mix well. You know someone in some board room thought - hey we need to update this trope - how about smart locks and hacking! Meanwhile, the rest of the trailer is just traditional stabbing.

It is cool to see the old cast return, but then I am also annoyed by the fact that they don't call this Scream 5, because it clearly is.
5cream!

I'm really hoping that the reboot-bait title doesn't mean this is about to get some big twist treatment that changes the direction and sets up a new franchise. The last film I saw do this, Wrong Turn, was...horrendous, including its ill-advised and muddled attempts at being current.

Also not to be a hater, but I'm glad it appears Kirby isn't back like some fans seemed to want. So annoying. You will never be Randy!

I'm very excited for this film and I have a lot of faith it will be good. The Ready or Not team and the new cast rocks. The original Scream is my favorite slasher of all time, and I love Scream 2 and enjoyed Scream 4 as well. This trailer is quite intense, slickly produced, well shot, and acted, but it's missing that signature self-awareness/meta-humor. Thankfully, I'm not concerned, because ViewerAnon on Reddit and Twitter (super accurate movie "leaker" -- doesn't do big spoilers) has reassured all of us that the meta element is still very much intact.

I'm very excited for this film and I have a lot of faith it will be good. The Ready or Not team and the new cast rocks. This trailer is quite intense, slickly produced, well shot, and acted, but it's missing that signature self-awareness/meta-humor. Thankfully, I'm not concerned, because ViewerAnon on Reddit and Twitter (super accurate movie "leaker" -- doesn't do big spoilers) has reassured all of us that the meta element is still very much intact.
It's probably just the trailer but it doesn't seem very playful (which I'd expect from the team behind Ready or Not and from, you know, a Scream movie).

Supposedly, they had a very difficult time cutting/editing this trailer together. Because they didn't want to spoil any big twists or jokes.

Supposedly, they had a very difficult time cutting/editing this trailer together. Because they didn't want to spoil any big twists or jokes.
I can absolutely see that being the case, I could kind of feel it while watching, even though I think the trailer is *solid*. I actually think Scream will be scary for the first time since 1998 in the final product. And I don't expect this creative team to be content with making a well-made slasher - there's going to be an unusual, deconstructive, or subversive narrative here that I can't wait to see play out.

Regardless, the "killer is murdering relatives of original killers" motive is brilliant imo.

The fact that this is a January movie gives me little hope in it being good. January movies normally suck.

I am completely in for this, but January does make me hesitant to say the least.

Looks fine. They said the trailer may not be representative of what is in the final movie.

Also, it being a January release doesn't matter. I'd rather it have a chance to succeed then than being out in the grinder that is these final months of the year lol.

yeah there was an interview about this a couple months ago and the director laughed and said the marketing team was going to have their work cut out for them to edit footage for the trailer.

I can tell you right now, the very last scene of the trailer was clearly edited with Sidney walking in and Ghostface saying “Hello Sidney, it’s an honour”.

It’s time to ask the important question: will this lead to a Scary Movie revival.
been a long time coming, that tyler perry haunted house movie seemed similar (havent seen it yet) but I want the real OG scary movie 1-2 style.

It’s time to ask the important question: will this lead to a Scary Movie revival.
I wondered that too. I laughed so hard at those movies when younger.

been a long time coming, that tyler perry haunted house movie seemed similar (havent seen it yet) but I want the real OG scary movie 1-2 style.
or yeah, a haunted house was great. I laughed so hard at this scene in the movie.

how I wish I could find a better quality version of this scene.

Not the most interesting trailer, but I'm super excited for it. Watched the original trilogy on VHS and saw 4 in theater and had an absolute blast. The three girls who sat behind be were super uncomfortable during a certain scene towards the end and in complete shock. I'll never forget that experience, couldn't stop laughing hearing them being in shock like that.

Like a murderer would be stopped by some locked doors anyways when there's literal mega windows in the house.

It's probably just the trailer but it doesn't seem very playful (which I'd expect from the team behind Ready or Not and from, you know, a Scream movie). The app-controlled door locks...do people have stuff like that? What's the deal with technology, am I right.

Congrats to Courtney for not pissing off the hair stylist like she did in Scream 3 to get those bangs.

Yeah, they make smart locks like that. A lot of people in my neighborhood have them. I would never use them myself but they aren’t totally uncommon

Huge fan of the original Scream. Even liked the second one until the twist. Hated the 3rd. Loved the 4th as it felt like a proper return to form.

Will watch this or course, but I also feel from the trailer at least that it’s missing what made the Wes Craven ones sooo good, in that it was a horror movie but also a send up of horror movies. This seems like it’s playing it straight which isn’t… Scream :/

Back
Top Bottom