• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Say Something (Nice?) About the Famimember Above You

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Staff on Leave
Pronouns
he/him šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ
For such a nice lil tight night community we really have a lack of chainmail-like threads and I'm feeling nostalgic

Say something (probably nice but there are a variety of positive emotions) about the Famimember above you!

If this is your first time posting in this thread, make sure to shout-out the last person who newly posted! Otherwise, feel free to say whatever in your post and give continued shout-outs. If youā€™ve already posted and want to dive back into comment on someoneā€™s post or share more love, just start your post with the following so new folks know to skip you and look back for the newest post.

~~~ just commenting (already posted)

Anyway I'll start by saying something about Famiboards itself since the site header is above me. Y'all are great. This is one of the very few places on the internet I have seen where folks can have arguments and discussions without fear of things erupting out of control or becoming uncomfortable. The moderation team does an excellent job of keeping things in hand, prioritizing sustainability for mods (+ thus the community at large) and giving them the time to make well considered decisions, regardless of if that puts a hold on conversation in the meantime. The community supplements this with a great vibe of nudging folks on the right path before things get out of hand.

Best of all, y'all get fucking mad in the Speculation threads and I wouldn't have it any other way

Last edited:
Disagreeing with you has always been a very pleasant experience (as infrequent as it is). It's heartening to have so many people on this site who are willing to engage and explain their points of view rather than have a meme-y standoff of opinions 100% of the time.

Was going to post this in the Xenoblade review thread but you gave me a perfect place to say it lol. :) Y'all can skip me, I know I piss a lot of people off and I know I started the site and stuff but that was just as much for me as it was for any of you!

Genuinely one of the nicest people Iā€™ve ever met online. Just absolutely the chillest.

Use this header if you're just commenting

^ FYI Yeah's already make this a bit easier than usual, but if you want to comment on something and have already posted just start your post like this so we don't skip anyone new :)

but also feel free just to post again if you want to shout the next person out this is v chill lol

Last edited:
I assume that I should skip @totofogo (even though I would have plenty nice to say!) and go straight to @LukasManak22.

The sleuth-work they demonstrated in finding out the SwOLED announcement video had been set to private the day before the SplOLED was announced was extremely impressive. That whole day or so was such a fun, wild ride and it was all thanks to Lukas!

I assume that I should skip @totofogo (even though I would have plenty nice to say!) and go straight to @LukasManak22.

The sleuth-work they demonstrated in finding out the SwOLED announcement video had been set to private the day before the SplOLED was announced was extremely impressive. That whole day or so was such a fun, wild ride and it was all thanks to Lukas!
Iā€™ll update OP but really the only ā€œruleā€ of the thread is to make sure you shout-out the last person who newly posted in the thread (and doesnā€™t have the header I have on this post / thread marked) if you are posting for the first time

I say that not because Iā€™m fishing for compliments but rather because I want to shout out other people who have posted later tonight ;)

Last edited:
@hologram, it's a genuine privilege to work alongside you. You're consistently reasonable, and measured in your approach, and even before I joined up with the team, I deeply admired the care you took in interacting with not only myself, but other members of the community, as well. It's really folks like you that I'm glad were there on the ground floor, when the site launched!

Brilliant avatar which features my favourite animal in the world, the red-eye tree frog. I love all frogs - that and the glass frog are my top two. Also does top-notch moderating, as the whole team do, hence the relative lack of drama on this site compared to nearly every other game discussion forum.

I don't post much, so this is going to be a tough one for the next person.

Brilliant avatar which features my favourite animal in the world, the red-eye tree frog. I love all frogs - that and the glass frog are my top two. Also does top-notch moderating, as the whole team do, hence the relative lack of drama on this site compared to nearly every other game discussion forum.

I don't post much, so this is going to be a tough one for the next person.
Really loved the movie you did with Doc Brown and Super Mario. Seriously a formative experience in my childhood, and a hell of a mic drop that you never made a sequel and just let the original stand on its own. Great form.

I appreciate the kind words, @Roger Rabbit! Frogs are so cute. I especially love the bright, beautiful coloring of the red-eyed tree frog.

@totofogo, this thread was a great idea, and I'm glad you've given us a space to spread some positivity around. I think one thing I really admire about you is that you take mean-spirited remarks in stride, as indicated by the last couple tags you wore as a badge of pride. šŸ˜…

I'm lucky enough to live very near two amazing zoos (owned by the same company), one of which specializes in reptiles and snakes, and the other one is entirely devoted to frogs. I've got a season ticket, and often wander over on my lunch break. There are still some that I've never seen - their camouflage is just too good.

@Legion of Primes really inspires me. They deal with an uphill battle with chronic headaches and do so with courage and a great attitude. I really admire their can-do spirit and openness.

@Nabbit youā€™re so genuine and chill, and truly a nice prescence on Fami! Your posts are always so heartfelt.

Also, I really appreciate the offer - if my broom ever breaks, Iā€™ll make sure to stop by and rent the fire rod so I can defend myself properly!

@Nabbit youā€™re so genuine and chill, and truly a nice prescence on Fami! Your posts are always so heartfelt.

Also, I really appreciate the offer - if my broom ever breaks, Iā€™ll make sure to stop by and rent the fire rod so I can defend myself properly!
Irene, you are definitely one of the most intelligent, and well spoken individuals on this forum. Every single time you post, even on the rare occasion I initially disagree with you, I find myself nodding along to your post. You have an incredible sense of game design, and quite a vast knowledge of development techniques(and great taste in games too).

Irene, you are definitely one of the most intelligent, and well spoken individuals on this forum. Every single time you post, even on the rare occasion I initially disagree with you, I find myself nodding along to your post. You have an incredible sense of game design, and quite a vast knowledge of development techniques(and great taste in games too).
@Lozjam you're one of my favorite posters on here! I loved doing the podcast with you, you have amazing taste in games and in music, you're friendly, personable, and intelligent.

Back
Top Bottom