• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Sanei |ST| Gotta Collect 'Em All

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They

Sanei have become Nintendo's premiere plush manufacturer over time, making merch for some of their largest properties: Super Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Kirby, Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Pikmin. I think it's about time we had a thread for posting news about new releases from Sanei, or any other official Nintendo merch of this nature! They're cute and cuddly and deserve the love!

It's difficult to keep this OP up to date, so i'm just going to preserve the original upcoming slate from last year in the below spoiler tag, for sentimental reasons. Just follow along with the new posts for announcements of new plushes!

UPCOMING 2022 RELEASES:

• Fire Emblem ALL STAR COLLECTION (Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Sothis) - Early June 2022
  • Kirby 30th Plushes - Late June 2022
  • Kirby ALL STAR COLLECTION (Adeleine, Ribbon) - July 2022
  • Potehag Cushion (Pikachu, Cyndaquil) - Mid July 2022
  • Pokémon ALL STAR COLLECTION (Piplup, Sylveon, Blaziken, Shaymin, Gible, Pyukumuku, Tsareena, Darkrai) - Mid July 2022
  • Kirby 30th Classic Plush DX - August 2022
  • Kirby ALL STAR COLLECTION (Bio Spark, Mr. Frosty, Rocky) - August 2022
  • Kirby ALL STAR COLLECTION (Pitch, Nago, Chuchu) - September 2022
  • Super Mario ALL STAR COLLECTION (Birdo, Buzzy Beetle, Mechakoopa, Spike, Monty Mole, Nabbit) - Late October 2022
  • Pikmin accessory cases - Mid November 2022
  • Animal Crossing ALL STAR COLLECTION (Marshal, Dom, ???, ???, ???) - Fall 2022

Last edited:
Just announced today (and what gave me the idea to make a thread) are these Mario and Pikmin products:

Already love this thread!!! Between my girlfriend and I, we've got a LOT of Nintendo character plushes from Sanei. They do good work! I'm excited to see what other Animal Crossing villagers are going to get plushes. And those Pikmin ones look adorable!

I love Sanei's plushes! I have a bunch of them, my favorites being Marx and the big Bulborb. I have a bunch of their upcoming ones preordered... getting girl Byleth and Edelgard, Adeliene and Ribbon, Chuchu and Nago, and Birdo... my shelves are going to be much more crowded soon!

I'm interested in seeing what the rest of the upcoming Animal Crossing ones are. I hope that Bob or Tangy make it!

These aren’t officially sold outside of Japan, are they?

Great idea for a thread! I'm eagerly interested in Nago and Mecha-Koopa. Along with Awoofy. Nabbit looks fairly similar to the Little Buddy one I have, so I should be able to resist the temptation.

Oh god, I shouldn't have clicked on this thread

I'm seriously tempted to spend waaaaay too much money on plushies now

Whoops, forgot to include the Forgotten Land wave of Kirby plushes in the OP; but that one has released today, and the Three Houses plushes release tomorrow!

PLUSH THREAD PLUSH THREAD PLUSH THREAD!!!

Sanei make some of the best Nintendo plushes out there. I really need to scoop up the 30th Anniversary Kirby plushes and some of those new Mario releases...I need to learn how to properly use Amazon Japan.

Whoops, forgot to include the Forgotten Land wave of Kirby plushes in the OP; but that one has released today, and the Three Houses plushes release tomorrow!

Girl Byleth and Edelgard will be on the way for me tomorrow. Can't wait to add them to my collection!

The full next wave of Animal Crossing plushes have been revealed (previously only a teaser featuring Marshal and Dom).

Gotta get either an Octoling plush or cushion. So cute!

I'll be waiting for the humanoid Octoling/Inkling plushes, but those are lovely!

I should scoop up the Splatoon 2 Inkling girl before 3 comes out. I got the one from Splatoon 1, but I love the main design for the 2nd game.

I don't have room for a ton of plushies, but not too long ago I decided to buy Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, and Wind Waker Link. They're all really high quality. Wind Waker Link seems a bit out of place next to the others though since he's kind of small. I wish they had a better Zelda selection honestly.

Yeah, that airship is one of Jakks Pacific's best Mario-themed sets yet. I own it and love it. I also love the 2.5" figures as well they've been releasing. Didn't know Sanei licensed those in Japan, if I got the wording right.

Going to order a couple of the upcoming Kirby plushes. Is there any better deal than Play Asia? Their prices seem really reasonable.

Dream Land 3 animal friends are finally releasing in Japan! Looking forward to getting a few of the recent Kirby plushes myself.

Going to order a couple of the upcoming Kirby plushes. Is there any better deal than Play Asia? Their prices seem really reasonable.

Their shipping is pretty unreasonable for Australia but i’d consider checking Amiami. You’ll need to try and calculate the shipping cost yourself though; they don’t tell you until the order is confirmed.

Thanks @MondoMega! I think it's free to the US luckily but I'll check out AmiAmi also, appreciate the tip. I haven't ordered anything imported in ages so I'd kinda forgotten which sites to even use.

For some reason Sanei took awhile to tweet about it themselves, but here we go:

The small karby has a little bonus feature

The Lil' Judd plush is so cute! I love it!

Hopefully it won't be too long until Sanei announces some Fire Emblem Engage plushies. I'd love to get an Alear to hang out with Corrin, Byleth, and Edelgard!

Great to see Nintendo continue to collaborate with them on such awesome and cute merch. Splatoon merch continues to look superb!

I hope they continue working on more stuff like this with other merch manufacturers :)

Another new addition to the collection alongside the updated judds.

Welcome back Sanei; been awhile since a totally new product announcement. More Kirby!

They're distrubting the Mario Movie merch in Japan which I assume is the reason for the delay. Hopefully they announce some more fun plushes soon; like a Fire Emblem Engage yet!

EDIT: Tiny hanging versions of the Bandee and Elfilin as well. I guess they truly are ramping up again.

Last edited:
FINALLY getting merch of the copy ability upgrades. They’re so cute!

Last edited:
That's hilarious that the Mr. Frosty Kirby is getting a plush because I had a Mr. Frosty knit hat made for a regular Kirby so I could replicate that copy ability for my spouse IRL (they love that ability). Will post a pic as soon as I can take one.

Oatchi and Ice Pikmin join the Pikmin plush lineup! I assume Glow Pikmin will come later.

The Dream Buffet plushes have released; feels a little weird when the tie-in game is a year old, but it's a pretty cute collection.

There's no official tweet from the Sanei account yet, but Magolor Epilogue Magolor is getting a plush too:

Howdy @MondoMega @Clov and my other fellow San-ei fans,

We're taking a first-ever trip to Japan next month and I was trying to see if there's a way to visit or tour San-ei and get to see where these adorable plushies are made. (I previously checked and Good-Feel and HAL do not offer tours.) On San-ei's website, they have directions to get to the company, so I thought it was worth asking if they have a storefront or if they do tours. I tried using the inquiry form on this page: https://www.san-ei-boeki.co.jp/contact/ but on Opera, Safari and Chrome it appears to not be functioning. I also tried emailing a generic email at that domain but no reply.

We really love San-ei products so I figured it's worth a shot. Any ideas for working around the button? Or another idea? Thanks all for your time.

I'm not sure if they do tours or anything like that, but if you want to buy some plushies in person, Nintendo Tokyo sells plenty! They even have their own, non Sanei plushies there.

Back
Top Bottom