• Hello Guest, the results for the Game of the Year 2022 voting has now been finalised, and can be checked out here

News Sakura Wars 2 is finally receiving a fan translation. (Demo available now)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/Him

for those unaware, this is a major SEGA IP which spent many years mostly locked to Japan. with it taking until the fifth game for that to happen (with NIS America's help, at that.)
basically a tactical RPG with steampunk mechs, and featuring large amounts of dialogue.

a fan translation for the first game was finally released on Saturn in 2020 after several years of work. (if i remember correctly, they were originally using the PC version as a base. as some of the work for supporting other languages was already done officially back in the day thanks to a Russian version by Akella.)

see here for the demo patch, do note that it literally is a patch for a demo disk SEGA released for the game, and as such will not work with a copy of the full version.

Nmanic

Shriekbat
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm insanely hype for this. It's been my most anticipated fan translation since I played the original a few years ago on my Saturn. And MattoBii, beyond having done a great job on SW GB's English patch, is just a really chill person. I can't wait to play this!

Phosphorescent Skeleton

I'd better activate my prayer capsule
Pronouns
She/Her
I should play these. Played like half the first 1 in Japanese, and while its not really that good as a game, it has an immense 90s charm.

Top Bottom