• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Recently, I released my ultimate project: An 82 Minute Docu-style video on my quest to talk to Shinichiro Tomie! (Writer of the PMD Series)

In need to try and share this around since I spent the majority of 2022 on several Tomie-related projects, with this being the one that took up the back half of 2022. Some may remember reading about how earlier this year an interview was done with the story writer behind Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and sure enough, that was me who did that! This video is a 82 minute tribute, going over year by year on how I set out on a quest to try and find Tomie-san and thank him for his work on wonderful Mystery Dungeon games, after several of them were a great impact on my life. (Red Rescue Team I argue saved me, from a post-adoption culture shock I was going through as a young child, and Gates inspired me to seek out this man!)

I also managed to, since I got a small statement from him during the interview, pay tribute to another man I'm inspired by: Masayasu Yamamoto, programmer of the first and third PMD games, and one of many programmers on the second games, along with working on several Torneko titles such as Torneko The Last Hope and the GBA ports of Torneko 2 and 3, and one who has a big history working for Nihon Telenet on games such as GAIARES, PSYCHO DREAM, and VALIS III!

This was truly hard for me to work and put out with a full time job and a lot going on IRL this year, but this is my ultimate passion project so... I figured why not share it and hopefully bring the PMD fans here something to enjoy this christmas. :)

Bumping because, welll.. why not. I have since added chapter markings to help make the video better viewed in bursts.

Sadly it seems to have bombed + lack of feedback led to it getting under 1K views, meaning it’s suppressed by Youtube’s search algorithm until then. If you haven’t seen this or can spread the word please do!

will vouch for this video, watched it around the time seafoam uploaded it and its not just an interesting personal piece about what the mystery dungeon games mean to him, but going to the extreme lengths of tracking down key staff that worked on the game and working with a translator to get questions answered is some legitimate deep dive stuff that you dont often see in video games coverage. big respect for the amount of effort and time put into the diligence and commitment to being thorough.

will vouch for this video, watched it around the time seafoam uploaded it and its not just an interesting personal piece about what the mystery dungeon games mean to him, but going to the extreme lengths of tracking down key staff that worked on the game and working with a translator to get questions answered is some legitimate deep dive stuff that you dont often see in video games coverage. big respect for the amount of effort and time put into the diligence and commitment to being thorough.

Indeed! Anytime i do see someone watch it and give feedback, it gives me joy… which is why it’s unfortunate youtube is shadowbanning it. I’ll keep spreading Tomie’s word though

Unfortunately, the shadowbanning did not end.

Looking at statistics, only 1/10 of the impressions came from youtube search. Friends have tried to search for the video by name, tags, or other aspects and it does not show up unless my channel name is in the search bar.

My efforts to try and spread this like the written article have failed and no sites are returning my emails on this. It's nearing a year of this doc, and i'm gonna probably have to throw my hat up and call this a failure. Spent half a year on this, but alas, quality isn't appreciated in its time. I do thank those who did watch and enjoy it here though and maybe someone new will watch it via this bump. I do not regret the bump.

(Tomie did reply to my email thanking him for Shiren 6 with appreciation)

I am that new person who will watch it thanks to the bump. Gonna out this on in the morning. Real annoying that YouTube shadow banned something like this.

This sounds like something I'd be interested in and I had no idea about it. I'll check it out throughout the week!

Back
Top Bottom