• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Re-naming Off-Topic (Community feedback needed)

What should we re-name Off Topic board to? (Read OP)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One suggestion if there's interest.

The Treehouse = The Gaming board.
The Roost = The Off-Topic board.

We only have 2 discussion boards. So as long as the board descriptions are clear, it shouldn't be too confusing.
I honestly really like this idea, so I voted for The Roost in the poll!
Kinda continues the cozy vibes I get everywhere here. It continues the theme of a tightly-knit community and the wholesome vibes(I hope that makes sense? XD)

We only have 2 discussion boards. So as long as the board descriptions are clear, it shouldn't be too confusing.
I like this. Voted for The Roost, partially because I was having my morning coffee and watching the pigeons in the garden.

Alternative suggestion for the gaming board: Entertainment, Playing, and Development

(You know, like Entertainment, Planning, and Development)

Oh yeah, this is great.

I voted for The Roost, but I also really like The Treehouse. Looks like those are the top two poll options anyway!

I like this waaaay better. I definitely associate the word "Treehouse" with gaming thanks to the Nintendo Treehouse.

I like this waaaay better. I definitely associate the word "Treehouse" with gaming thanks to the Nintendo Treehouse.

Exactly.

Most Nintendo fans associate "Treehouse" with gaming thanks to "Treehouse Live". (NOA's Treehouse division has been around since the mid-1990s).

So, there shouldn't be much confusion that "Treehouse = Gaming Board".

And who knows... maybe current (or former) NOA Treehouse employees will register here due to the name... You would be surprised at who registered accounts on Era.

1633471151969.png

a microcosm of this thread

Update:

With Famiboards opening its doors to the first wave of public registrants, the administrators have asked me to discuss the results of the poll. First, I want to thank everyone who voted and posted their thoughts in this thread. The feedback we received from this community was necessary, valuable and important. Secondly, I want to thank the administrators, developers, moderators, founders, community liaisons, and everyone else for building this wonderful community.

Based on the poll results, the staff is pleased to announce that the following changes will take effect later tonight.
  • "The Roost" will be the new name of the Off Topic board.
  • "Treehouse" will be the new name of the Gaming board. (No "The" at the beginning. Just "Treehouse".)
The Roost earned 49% of the votes.
Combined, "The Treehouse" and "DK's Treehouse" had approximately 39% of the votes.

Because the results were so close, this felt like a reasonable compromise. Due to "Treehouse Live", most Nintendo fans typically associate "Treehouse" with gaming and E3. Historically, Nintendo of America's Treehouse division has been developing and localizing products since the mid-1990s. We also liked the name "Treehouse" because we're a big family living under one roof.

Here are the new (tentative) board descriptions.

Treehouse
"Gaming discussions. Swing by the Treehouse for the latest gaming news and gossip. No Kremlings allowed!"

The Roost
"Off topic discussions. The Roost is your friendly neighborhood café. Live music performances by K.K. Slider."

Thanks again to everyone for participating in the poll. Everyone's feedback was incredibly helpful.

Nice! That’s a great compromise and very fitting.

I feel like ‘café’ has a more cozy feel to it than ‘coffee shop’, but maybe that’s because I’m from The Netherlands and ‘coffee shop’ has a whole different meaning here, haha.

Nice! That’s a great compromise and very fitting.

I feel like ‘café’ has a more cozy feel to it than ‘coffee shop’, but maybe that’s because I’m from The Netherlands and ‘coffee shop’ has a whole different meaning here, haha.

Good point! We'll change it to café instead.

Well I voted The treehouse for off-topic but after reading this, I think it's perfect!

I like it, I just wish "non-tendo" could have some kind of place here...

Treehouse is fine for gaming, but I think the description should still say it’s for game discussion.

Quoted by: GJ
bellydrum, Emily Rogers and all whom were directly and indirectly in charge of the great rebranding (Treehouse and The Roost), I would like to kindly propose to change the last one, "Community", which feels like an orphan now.
I find WaraWara Plaza to be a very fitting name.
PS : I still find that the tags "Music" and "Sales" should be changed to "Bongos" and "StarCoin" !!
NB : of course, I understand that maybe I'm the only one who likes them !!

Liking the icons. Only suggestion I'd make is to have a different icon for Community just to represent a different Nintendo series since we already have an Animal Crossing reference with The Roost.

Liking the icons. Only suggestion I'd make is to have a different icon for Community just to represent a different Nintendo series since we already have an Animal Crossing reference with The Roost.

I do think it would be cool to represent another franchise, good suggestion!
As an idea maybe something from Kirby? After all lots of games in the series are won with "the power of friendship" an that would fit the community theme. ^^
Soo maybe a Yellow Star or a Pink Kirby Face? I think that would also match quite well with the other two icons ^_^

I suggested the Triforce, but figured it might be a tad egocentric to use a symbol of omnipotence to represent the staff.

I do think it would be cool to represent another franchise, good suggestion!
As an idea maybe something from Kirby? After all lots of games in the series are won with "the power of friendship" an that would fit the community theme. ^^
Soo maybe a Yellow Star or a Pink Kirby Face? I think that would also match quite well with the other two icons ^_^
Might be a weird one, but the house symbol for Tomodachi Life stage in smash would be perfect. It’s just a house, but think that fits a community forum quite well.

TomodachiSymbol.svg

Back
Top Bottom