• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Rating for "Ghost Trick" has been spotted in Korea

mazi

picross pundit
A rating for a game called 'Ghost Trick' has been spotted in Korea. Made by The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea, the rating was filed on 24th August 2022 and accepted on 2nd September 2022, Gematsu reports.

If you had a DS and loved detective games (or an iOS or Android), then your ears might be burning. This could well be a rating from Capcom's DS cult favourite, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. The publisher on the rating is 'Gamepia', which is the publishing company for Capcom in Korea. Nothing official has been announced yet, and we're trying not to get too excited, but we'd love to see a rerelease of Ghost Trick — especially on Switch.

Oh please let them port it to Switch and let Shu Takumi make a sequel!

Rating is for PC only but it's pretty unlikely that Capcom releases the game only for PC. Veeery likely Switch is the one of target platforms for this.

Maybe Shu is testing waters for sequel?

Always wanted to pick it up originally on DS but never did. Would definitely rectify that mistake if it came to Switch

Please god let this happen. Never got to play this game and it always seemed really neat

Do you lose anything notable by playing this in a single screen system like the Switch? I would have liked to play this on the DS but it seems like that ship sailed as I never even found the game in retro stores, plus the price blew up drastically it seems

Hopefully it’s on Switch too, it wouldn’t make sense for it to be PC only. It was on mobile and Switch has a touchscreen

Do you lose anything notable by playing this in a single screen system like the Switch? I would have liked to play this on the DS but it seems like that ship sailed as I never even found the game in retro stores, plus the price blew up drastically it seems

Hopefully it’s on Switch too, it wouldn’t make sense for it to be PC only. It was on mobile and Switch has a touchscreen
The Gematsu article stated that Korea posts ratings for PC and console separately, so it's probably coming to everything

Nah, the top screen is mostly used for UI and occasionally to show off extra scenery while everything else is centered on the bottom screen. It's not like, say, 999 where the dual screens factor into the game in a significant way.

No, I played through on both DS and iOS* and the experience was perfectly fine on both platforms. Honestly, I appreciate the bigger screen.

(*Ghost Trick is still available in the Apple App Store and works fine on modern devices/OS versions.)

Last edited:
Nah, the top screen is mostly used for UI and occasionally to show off extra scenery while everything else is centered on the bottom screen. It's not like, say, 999 where the dual screens factor into the game in a significant way.
Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking about actually. I managed to get 999 on DS for a reasonable price a couple years ago so even though the value isn’t as good as the collection I was still glad I got to play the game the way it was originally intended. DS games prices are getting pretty crazy lately so I wonder how many of the ones I haven’t played wouldn’t lose anything when they come to modern platforms. I can’t imagine playing TWEWY on anything but a DS for example. Glad Ghost Trick doesn’t seem to have this problem, it’s pretty much one of the rare DS games missing from my collection and one of the more acclaimed ones as well

I can't wait to experience the glorious doggyness that is Rocket once again.

Ghost Trick is so fucking good. One of the best DS games and one of the best stories in games in general

Even if this indicates a port, I doubt that would lead to a sequel. But I'll hold on to the faintest slivers of hope

I played some of this ages ago and I liked it but I never beat it. Switch remaster would temp me.

the iOS version has been around since 2010 (2012 outside japan) so i'm surprised it took them so long to bring it elsewhere.

I must be the only person in the world who found this game extremely boring.

The final reveal was hype, but the entire game leading to that was excruciating to play. Very slow and the gameplay parts were very very unfun.

Oh cool, someone at Capcom remembered that they own one of the best games of all time and that it’s not available on modern systems.

I'd love some sort of sequel, but I'll be happy even if it's just a port or a remake because of the added exposure for folks who missed it the first time around. Game's awesome yo.

The people I know who have played this game have only glowing things to say. Hey Feb direct is around the corner lol.

The game is perfect as is so I personally don't want a sequel. I think it would take away from the story and uniqueness and experience to me. But I'm very happy for the idea of more people getting to experience the original.

Bringing an updated version of the mobile port to other platforms, just like the Ace Attorney trilogy.

Speaking of, wonder when we’ll get the other Ace Attorney trilogy, or Investigations; also all on mobile.

Capcom realized they made the best game ever and that they should probably sell it to people huh

One of the few great DS games I missed out on back in the day and this would be a fantastic way to rectify that. They've 100% got my interest if we see a Switch version!

The game is perfect as is so I personally don't want a sequel. I think it would take away from the story and uniqueness and experience to me. But I'm very happy for the idea of more people getting to experience the original.
A sequel would have a new main cast but Shu Takumi wrote the villains with more games in mind. I'm not expecting it but it's something I'll continue to wish for.

That would be really great, to expand its reach! I just finished playing the DS version tonight and it was amazing, great characters and superb writing and humor! I love it as much as Shu’s Ace Attorney games.

Back
Top Bottom