• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Purely as a Handheld I think Gameboy Advance is better than the switch

Just as a handheld what do you prefer?

• GBA

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • DS

Votes: 47 38.8%
  • Switch

Votes: 60 49.6%

• Total voters
I think the iPhone pretty much killed the idea of ergonomics on portable devices, so I kind of agree?

Has Nintendo really made an ergonomic handheld? The GBA SP definitely wasn't. That thing is less comfortable than any of the Switches.

I think they tried with the OG GBA and DS, but the success was....dubious.

The DS Lite is extremely uncomfortable. Even with the New 3DS, which is probably one of the better handhelds in terms of ergonomics, still causes my hands to hurt after a while. Surprisingly the Switch is okay, probably because of its size.

The DS Lite is extremely uncomfortable. Even with the New 3DS, which is probably one of the better handhelds in terms of ergonomics, still causes my hands to hurt after a while. Surprisingly the Switch is okay, probably because of its size.
I think the switch is OK for me because of the sculpted nature of the joycons (or the third party ones I use instead) fitting comfortably in your hands, rather than previous portables all just being flat.

Yeah. The GBA was the best handheld in terms of form for holding, the Switch is not far behind because it benefits from its size (and because the joy cons are rounded and formed that your fingers can support the upper half)
People who complain about the switch usually either a) never played handhelds and compare it to console controllers, or b) forgot how older handhelds felt.

(I'm aware that there is an audience that actually preferred some of the older ergonomics, but I'm sure that's it's a minority 🤔)

I agree with the concept, I have wanted a Switch Lite OLED for years with a bezel size similar to the oled. That would basically be the perfect console.

Nostalgia wise, DS is the best.

Back
Top Bottom