• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Mario + Rabbids 2 has broken game design logic that can prevent 100% completion (Update: Fixed in Latest Patch! Thank you Devs!)

Gartooth

Universal Madness
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
I picked up Mario + Rabbids 2 a couple weeks after launch and played it for about 40 hours. I had an enjoyable time with it and so I went for 100% completion, except now it's impossible for me to ever fully finish the game unless I either make a new save file from the beginning or Ubisoft patches it.

The issue is as follows. In order to 100% the game's 5th world Barrendale Mesa, you need to do 2 side quests that have the following pre-requisites to unlock them.

-- a secret boss battle that requires having all 30/30 Sparks in the game to challenge it. Completing this side quest rewards a planet token.

-- a secret room that requires buying a Planet Key for 11 tokens at the game's shop to challenge it. Completing this side quest rewards a Spark.

The issue? The number of available Sparks and Planet Tokens are exact so that there's no leftover resource.

Meaning that if you save the Planet Key as the last item to buy from the shop you will have 10 tokens despite the price of the Key being 11 tokens. The only way around this was to have not bought the Planet Key last so you had enough tokens which I failed to realize was an issue. The final and 11th token I need is held by the boss that requires I have 30 Sparks to fight it.

But I can't get the 30th Spark unless I go to the secret room to get it, which only unlocks if I have the Planet Key. So I am in a state where I have 10/11 tokens and 29/30 Sparks and getting the final one of either requires having completed the opposite side quest first.

I've checked online and see that other people similarly are unable to finish this game due to this blindspot from the game designers, but the game came out a month ago and I can't find any communication from Ubisoft announcing they plan to fix this.

Fucking sucks, this is a design issue too and isn't even one of the many broken bugs like the one that's currently preventing me from attaining 100% completion.

I received confirmation from Davide Soliani that he saw my bug and has added it to the list. But I don't know their priorities, and have kind of fell off halfway through the Barrendale Mesa until my specific issue is fixed.

It's a great game, but unlike Scarlet & Violet, its technical issues are actually interfering with my enjoyment of the game. Which is a shame, because I really, really appreciate their vision for this entry.

Fucking sucks, this is a design issue too and isn't even one of the many broken bugs like the one that's currently preventing me from attaining 100% completion.

I received confirmation from Davide Soliani that he saw my bug and has added it to the list. But I don't know their priorities, and have kind of fell off halfway through the Barrendale Mesa until my specific issue is fixed.

It's a great game, but unlike Scarlet & Violet, its technical issues are actually interfering with my enjoyment of the game. Which is a shame, because I really, really appreciate their vision for this entry.

Yeah this isn't even a game breaking bug. It's straight up a case of flawed game design period. Sorry to hear you ran into a similar issue too.

They better fix these kinds of issues with the game. I got the Gold Edition which includes the Season Pass but it's hard to be excited for that when I can't even finish the main game.

Yeah this isn't even a game breaking bug. It's straight up a case of flawed game design period. Sorry to hear you ran into a similar issue too.

They better fix these kinds of issues with the game. I got the Gold Edition which includes the Season Pass but it's hard to be excited for that when I can't even finish the main game.

I say bug because the thing keeping me from 100% completion is straight up a bug. I finished a secret room and got the star, but didn't get the coin for completion. It's because I ran out of time the same moment I opened the chest.

I realized this could happen and always avoided it, but it never really sunk in until reading this thread just how sucky that is in practice. Hope they fix this soon for you OP and your issue too Bellydrum.

I’m upset they locked people out of buying the season pass (and thus the first DLC as it is season pass only) if you redeemed a preorder bonus. Guess I’ll never get to enjoy Horde mode or whatever it ends up being :(

I realized this could happen and always avoided it, but it never really sunk in until reading this thread just how sucky that is in practice. Hope they fix this soon for you OP and your issue too Bellydrum.

I’m upset they locked people out of buying the season pass (and thus the first DLC as it is season pass only) if you redeemed a preorder bonus. Guess I’ll never get to enjoy Horde mode or whatever it ends up being :(

Yeah I wish I had done a quick count of how planet coins were distributed among World 5's side quests but instead I bought all the weapon skins from the shop first and didn't pay attention.

For anyone curious the two side quests that will prevent one another's completion if you buy World 5's Planet Key last are Barrendale Mesa's Secret Zone and A "Fowl" Attraction.

They Fixed It!!!
The newest patch for Mario + Rabbids just came out, and they lowered the Spark requirement for one of the challenges down from 30 to 29!

Now I'm no longer in a situation where I can't complete either the secret boss or the secret zone.

Thank you Ubisoft developers!!!

The newest patch for Mario + Rabbids just came out, and they lowered the Spark requirement for one of the challenges down from 30 to 29!

Now I'm no longer in a situation where I can't complete either the secret boss or the secret zone.

Thank you Ubisoft developers!!!
i wish i could simply tell some dev on twitter that i found some bug like with davide/ubi milan crew.

Back
Top Bottom