• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Predict your reaction to tomorrow's Smash news!

How will you react to the final Smash reveal?

• 1. Pure Hugh Jackman Ecstasy

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 2. Absolute Bison Approval

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3. Total Gerstmann Indifference

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • 4. Utter Switch Vexation

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • 5. Complete Michael Scott Denial

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_No_U

Garbage Galaxy Representative
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Alright, Fami. Tomorrow is the big day! In less than 24 hours, we will learn the identity of the FINAL Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter.

This is it. This is THE END.

I've created a little reaction reference guide for your convenience. Please note that this list is complete, and that no other human reactions or emotions exist/are possible.

Without further ado, here are your options:

1. Pure Hugh Jackman Ecstasy
WukeL8s.gif

2. Absolute Bison Approval
dyAJ6CY.gif

3. Total Gerstmann Indifference
DEF1wJ4.gif

4. Utter Switch Vexation
GSMTkoX.gif

5. Complete Michael Scott Denial
EvSXJIc.gif

I'm not hyping anyone since I got Banjo and K .Rool, and Bomberman is an assist trophy. I'm fine with whoever, but I know it needs to be a HUGE reveal or all hell will break loose, and I kind of sympathize. A lot are riding on this being the massive send off, they CAN'T make it someone few give a crap about. I think Byleth really "terrified" fans, that was a bloodbath.

I will almost certainly be indifferent. I'm just glad this prolonged Smash hype cycle will finally end.

I would be happy with a third party rep. I would be happy with another obscure first party pick like Piranha Plant.

Sephiroth was beyond my wildest dreams, so I'm already content with the roster, whatever happens tomorrow.

most likely a 2 or 3.

only ones that would make me angry or annoyed are sora and cinderace i think.

I'm in the camp of enjoying it no matter who it is. On one hand, it's someone I like and can be genuinely excited for. On the other hand, people look ridiculous across various sites and I can get some mild amusement that way.

That said, pipe dream pick is Master Chief.

I’ve been pretty indifferent with the entirety of the second fighter pass so far, and I’m not expecting much for tomorrow.

Right now I’m in the Cinderace boat, which would give me a Bison approval. But I’m expecting my reaction to be, “Oh! I guess that works too.”

I'm at the point where I'm at least happy to try out whoever it is, so my reaction is likely either "good" or "Hell yeah!"

"Hell yeah" is probably Sora or Master Chief, but there's probably some other characters who I'm not thinking of at the moment

Unless it is something like Nahobino, it will probably be indifference. While Smash is fun, it usually isn't much my jam, so in general I'm pretty indifferent. But Fighter Pack adds a new layer to that, since at least for me it has been kinda underwhelming.

I predict....bittersweet sadness at the thought of no more Sakurai directs :')

I think Pyra/Mythra were the last remaining characters that could have gotten a genuine Bison Yes reaction out of me (and I think I used that exact gif to express my happiness on one or more occasion). I've eaten, had dessert, and gone for seconds, it can be literally anyone and I can't really complain.

Just for the lol, the same reaction I have with Byleth. Totally emotionless, a little smile rise smoothly and i say in my mind ''Finally a first party characters'' and here we go...

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gif

Totally Michael Scott. But because it’s over, not because I disagree.

I’ll think it’s cool! The roster is already perfect to me so it’s no sweat either way

Going to be a shitshow. Looking forward to it, but of course I have a work meeting at 10:30.

I don't think a 3 is possible for me. If I don't get that Bison approval, I jump straight to 4.

Expecting a 4 or 5, I think the best I can hope for is a 2

I expect it to be a gen 8 pokemon (probably cinderace) so I'd be jeff G "meh" tier. I can't really think of any characters that would make me actively upset.

"Well, this is a DLC Smash fighter alright. Cannot wait to try it in the game. That could be my new main, who knows."

To be honest, I've enjoyed most of the fighter reveals. I don't really have a particular fighter I'd like to see at this point - outside of Urbosa or Mipha from Breath of the Wild, really. I enjoy Smash because it's such a smorgasbord.

I predicted my reaction would be 2.

Final result: 3

Think mine was closest to not like this not like this because of the song choices or rather the omissions.

Back
Top Bottom