• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

Discussion Portable/Handheld Screenshots thread

big lantern ghost

hoping you'll look the other way
Pronouns
he/him
Alright, one more Paper Mario and then I swear I'll move onto another game. 😁 Made a GIF for this one!

MD9I5le.gif

Happy Holidays.

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

Asano stan
Founder
Shin Megami Tensei V

Finished the game earlier today and I have a lot of screens but I'm going to stick to just a few non-spoiler ones for now

FHkiZIkUYAIZVaK.jpg:orig

FHkiZICUYAIvXL9.jpg:orig

FHkiZIjVkAMZ0aa.jpg:orig

FHkiZIoVcAEsN0V.jpg:orig

frog

Amphibian Supreme
Probably the last of Astral Chain I'll share here. I think it's more of a docked game
2022010320045200-257-FD939428-E4-BFE6-BF9-E2-F559-D5037-A.jpg

2022010320494100-257-FD939428-E4-BFE6-BF9-E2-F559-D5037-A.jpg

2022010320260900-257-FD939428-E4-BFE6-BF9-E2-F559-D5037-A.jpg

2022010319532900-257-FD939428-E4-BFE6-BF9-E2-F559-D5037-A.jpg
2022010320153100-257-FD939428-E4-BFE6-BF9-E2-F559-D5037-A.jpg

2022010320362300-257-FD939428-E4-BFE6-BF9-E2-F559-D5037-A.jpg

Last edited:

big lantern ghost

Pronouns
he/him
A set from probably my favourite "walking sim" style game: Paratopic.

Aiol8Zy.jpg

XuZvgpV.jpg

RmtyFgQ.jpg

ryAyzDR.jpg

It's worth a play and only takes an hour or so! The less you know the better.

Aostia82

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He
(maybe) spoiler screens here

SMTV (Switch - portable mode)

I've found some screens I took while playing (I'm past this part by quiet a lot, right now), but I LOVED this scenery

FINuzt9UcAEHDie

FINuzt7VgAE7GJK

FINuzt0VgAEx7Kq

FINuzuSVEAUeODQ

Jodast

Rattata
It's such a shame SMT V locks out the final area and cutscenes from screenshots because they have some of the best scenery from an artistic point of view in the game and I had so many shots I wanted to take and share.

Dekuman

Like Like
Pronouns
He/Him/His
A set from probably my favourite "walking sim" style game: Paratopic.

Aiol8Zy.jpg

XuZvgpV.jpg

RmtyFgQ.jpg

ryAyzDR.jpg

It's worth a play and only takes an hour or so! The less you know the better.
slightly OT, have you tried Sagebrush? also has the PS1 artstyle and is a walking sim as well.

frog

Amphibian Supreme
Revisiting Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair to finish the last three chapters and mop up collectibles. Perhaps I was too harsh on it two years ago. Also looks quite nice for a multiplatform game on Switch.

big lantern ghost

Pronouns
he/him
Been messing around with Dark Souls Remastered recently, mostly to steep in the mood and lore to help with something I'm trying to write. Hey, it's still a good video game! Runs not too bad on Switch.

uoHmKqz.jpg

1rlnn0m.jpg

ALC4zO3.jpg

ShgjFsu.jpg

Nintendo Switch Portable Mode | Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
F61E19C1-88C3-441B-91AB-85FC7D193FA2.jpg

7852FDD2-7B96-4EA5-99F6-ECC97F44E44D.jpg

Watched my son beat Brilliant Diamond over the break, but I finally started my own run through last night. #TeamWater for life!

big lantern ghost

Pronouns
he/him
Got tired of waiting for the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster to hit the Switch, so I played it on an iPhone instead!

09R3yNp.png

...sorry, I couldn't resist. 😂 I'll put the rest in a spoiler cause they are from across the game including the REAL Chaos! (The last boss, in other words.)

kfNXOXG.png

HKRr6QG.png

qIThU5W.png

jhUmme3.png

DJ406cH.png

3Hi00Rj.png

(And yes, I played with three monks!)

Aostia82

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He
It's such a shame SMT V locks out the final area and cutscenes from screenshots because they have some of the best scenery from an artistic point of view in the game and I had so many shots I wanted to take and share.

I've completed a couple of endings and now I can totally agree with you
the last part of the game is such an amazing looker!

D

Deleted member 1250

A.E.R Memories of OLD switch handheld mode (unity Engine)
FKFoV_TVQAMGl_f

FKFoV_HVUAQss0d

FKFnPg7VQAMYXnL

frog

Amphibian Supreme
Pokémon Legends Arceus

FKRjVKKVQAQXY5-.jpg:orig

FKRjVJxUUAUL9F5.jpg:orig

FKRjVJqUcAAf_bC.jpg:orig

FKRjVJ1VEAMAy40.jpg:orig
You can toggle the HUD by clicking in the right stick, but you have to turn on the option in the settings. Dumb that it's not on by default. Guess they were worried kids would click in the stick without realizing it and not know how to make the HUD reappear.

ToniC139

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
You can toggle the HUD by clicking in the right stick, but you have to turn on the option in the settings. Dumb that it's not on by default. Guess they were worried kids would click in the stick without realizing it and not know how to make the HUD reappear.
I wish it didn't turn off the button prompts and aiming crosshair though!

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

Asano stan
Founder

Oh that's neat. A lot easier than the equivalent in SMTV too!

D

Deleted member 1250

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Japanese demo switch handheld mode
FLNC349UUAIsauE

FLNC35oVUAY-_BN

Tlozbj

Tektite
Pronouns
He/Him
Recently started a replay of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definite Edition. Usually go for another look for Shulk, though changed that a bit this time around. For the moment, going with the Monado Style for the similarity with Noah

9fshhGx.jpeg

3Qi4VJS.jpeg

big lantern ghost

Pronouns
he/him
Played through FFX early this year, meant to post these earlier! Such amazing, end-of-an-era predrawn backgrounds in this game. I would love to see the style revived today.

sCvI9xc.jpg

ewlNzaY.jpg

wNNCbf8.jpg

DuaAorm.gif

Aostia82

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He
Of course, I'm playing Triangle Strategy!

TRIANGLE STRATEGY (Switch portable mode)

FNHou35UUAE8ELc

FNHou3mVIAMnz2A

FNHou4BVcAU9f4J

FNHou37VEAAhLfx

I've put also the "Profile pics" because I love the hand drawn illustrations/character design

Tlozbj

Tektite
Pronouns
He/Him
Took a break from Xenoblade Chronicles once Majora's Mask, and that in turn took me back to Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. Just finished the Cell Saga. Find it kinda meh, how Bandai Namco jumped on the train of including distracting copyright info somewhere on the shots 🙃

5zuCA5u.jpeg

7nGEnPg.jpeg

6K41p3u.jpeg

lKDgjR7.jpeg

Tlozbj

Tektite
Pronouns
He/Him
Finished Majora's Mask earlier today, so started a replay of Skyward Sword HD. Which was on my list of games to replay on the OLED, so finally getting around to that.

K41dnXN.jpeg

bY8HsRD.jpeg

hE1oEQG.jpeg

fWcnOc8.jpeg

Top Bottom