• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Pokemon Scarlet and Violet ‘Overview’ trailer, Japanese TV commercial

I love the artstyle they've gone with this time around. The best Pokemon hast looked since the Gold/Silver remakes.

Exciting! The music sounds super good, too!

Also, is it just me or is the game looking quite a bit better on the technical level than in the preview footage?

Also, is it just me or is the game looking quite a bit better on the technical level than in the preview footage?
I also felt it looked somewhat improved but I've stopped trusting my eyes when it comes to Youtube videos. Could be a case of a slightly newer build and better footage chosen for this particular trailer. At this point I'm just gonna wait for the actual release lol.

Still very iffy on a lot of things but ultimately still excited.
My main worry is still the balancing, now that stuff is open.
I am going with Weed Cat btw.
That way, I can act high and mighty and it actually makes sense since weed and cat.

Agreed with everyone saying the game looks better, I would go so far as to say it looks significantly prettier than anything we've seen. That, the animation work on the Pokemon themselves, and the previews are making me really excited to be honest. It's so great to feel this way about Pokemon again

It was clear that the build used for the JP trailers is more advanced than the one for the Western ones.

Loving the colors, should pop up nicely on the OLED.

So no throwing like Arceus? I live with some diehard pokémon fans, even do all the pokego events and they've talked about their purchase hinging on that. This would be the first one they don't buy this generation.

So no throwing like Arceus? I live with some diehard pokémon fans, even do all the pokego events and they've talked about their purchase hinging on that. This would be the first one they don't buy this generation.
back strikes are back but that just gives you an extra turn in the beginning

That is… surprising haha. I guess it’s a case of “now they know” but like Arceus this game takes sooo many steps forward in ways Sword and Shield disappointed. Since they were developed in tandem it’s expected that the lessons learned wouldnt quite carry over, but it’s taking its own risks! Hope they come around as they see more.

The lighting seems to have improved significantly compared to the earlier trailers. I'd say at this point it's the best art style the main series has on the Switch.

Surprised at all the comments about the art style being the best yet… Like, I don’t think it’s terrible but I vastly prefer the cel-shaded style that imitated the official Sugimori art style used from X/Y to Sword/Shield. I really don’t understand why they changed direction from that instead of just further improving that style… Not trying to be down on the game either, ‘cause I probably have far less complaints about Pokémon games than most seem to, but I really miss the cel-shading…

if there's one thing I noticed about a number of celshaded games, it's that they don't go all the way. things like player characters and NPCs are cel shaded, but not the environments. I guess when you have a larger world, depth becomes a problem

for Gen 10, game freak should do a "solo mmo" akin to destiny. have other folk's avatars appear in the world as they play but aren't interactable. the setup here really work for it and it might not be such a technical leap for them

Art style is a subjective thing. I like the art, but I don't expect everyone to do so. The games are developed in tandem so not everything from Arceus will carry over, including presumably the catching mechanic.

If that's a common complaint with the game, we might see it added in DLC, though - similar to how following Pokémon came in the SWSH DLC after all the fan requests.

So no starter evos until launch or leak?

If they do another trailer next week, that's the only chance to show them pre-release.

But it's more likely that leaks start the next couple of days, so you definitely have a chance to see both evolutions before the games release.

They should do a Pokémon Gen with the style of Wind Waker
It is not even my favorite style, but I feel it would fit Pokémon VERY well
Even the same proportions for humans. You'd basically be Toon Link running around.
I'd love that

So no starter evos until launch or leak?
They revealed at least one stage of starter evos for every gen but I always wanted them to be surprise. There are still 15 days until the launch, they still can show them but I hope they won't.

I still vastly prefer Arceus, under many points of view, but this will ultimately be way bigger for many people
I remember showing Arceus to a diehard Pokémon fan friend of mine; plays 100+ hours of every new version. He didn’t get Arceus at all. He felt like there was nothing to actually do. Which I know isn’t true but for someone looking for the Pokémon formula, yes the new gameplay freedoms probably weren’t enough. So I agree with you; this is going to be pretty massive for people.

I remember showing Arceus to a diehard Pokémon fan friend of mine; plays 100+ hours of every new version. He didn’t get Arceus at all. He felt like there was nothing to actually do. Which I know isn’t true but for someone looking for the Pokémon formula, yes the new gameplay freedoms probably weren’t enough. So I agree with you; this is going to be pretty massive for people.

Well, yeah I can get that.
Consider that prior to Arceus my fav Pokémon game was Pokkén LOL

To be honest I think all the mainline 3D Pokemon games are quite ugly graphically. The original Gold and Silver has more charm than any of them, but that's just me.

I'd love Game Freak to make a brand new pixel art Pokemon game.

Still really don't know what to make of these games tbh. Having a fully open world really doesn't really appeal to me, I like having to progress to unlock new stuff, and I get the feeling that the implementation of the open world is going to be really sloppy
it's always "go back"

why not, "get better"?
Game Freak doesn't understand those words.

Just like they don't understand the notion of difficulty select or an EXP share toggle. The concept is simply beyond them

Arceus convinced me, that a Open World Pokemon game is a very good concept, so I'm actually not that much worried about implementation regarding that. I was very anti-open world for Pokemon, but they are quite good with this concept.

313410649_10225763901158130_3999864957866771795_n.jpg

oh shit oh fuck

I just pre-ordered it a few days ago. On one hand, I am excited about the first open-world Pokémon game. On the other hand, I am slightly worried that the fact some features from Arceus will be absent might make part of the package feel like a step back. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom