• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Pokémon Trading Card Game Pocket announced for iOS/Android, coming this year

Digital Trading Card Games are just NFTs without the dumb web3 shit

d38.png

/s

Kinda

I don't disagree, but I'm probably too old to start trading and playing Pokemon card games with other people. This is a perfect nostalgia game for me.

I’ve been thinking about this since it was announced

I hope the “2024” release is “early 2024” or “mid 2024” and not “late 2024.” I wanna start rippin‘ open those virtual packs (which I’mma call V-PAX) ASAP
I kinda was hoping it was a shadow drop as I was watching the trailer honestly

I hope the game is fun even without spending money on it. Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel is so generous with giving you cards, it's great.

I hope they are starting with generation 1 only.

And maybe some digital only/interesting mechanics???

Idk though cause the strong cards they showed only had the "discard 2 energy" to do super powerful move, mechanic.

So far.

But hopefully it's not like a dumbed down version.

Edit: weird, I saw Gardevoir mixed in with all those gen 1s.
TGC doesn't go by generation, they go by recency. so all the cards are part of some various pack releases

TGC doesn't go by generation, they go by recency. so all the cards are part of some various pack releases
This looks to be a completely different set. Separate from regular TCG. I think they can do whatever they want with it. Or do you recognize these cards? I don't think there is any cross compatibility between TGC pocket and the normal TGC. The gameplay rules are even going to be different.

A lot of the art is from actual cards, but the packs don’t seem to be the same as from the card game. At least, I didn’t recognize the packs in the trailer. So maybe they’re grouping them differently, and so that means packs focused on specific generations are possible. Or they’re grouping multiple real sets together. I didn’t analyze the trailer too closely so I don’t know or remember if they mix cards from base set with newer stuff in the same pack. I’d prefer if they didn’t but it’s not a huge deal either way.

I’ve been thinking about this since it was announced

I hope the “2024” release is “early 2024” or “mid 2024” and not “late 2024.” I wanna start rippin‘ open those virtual packs (which I’mma call V-PAX) ASAP
every day without TCG Pocket is a day without 2 free packs...

That's awesome news! I've been a Pokémon fan for as long as I can remember, so having the Trading Card Game on mobile sounds epic. Can't wait to dive back into some nostalgic battles and collect my favorite cards on the go. Count me in!
What other games do you guys play? Recently, I started nope
I too enjoy the Pocket Monsters (”Pokémon” for short) series for the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance™, Nintendo DS™, Nintendo 3DS™, and Nintendo Switch™ line of systems! Gotta Catch’em All, am I right?

Back
Top Bottom