• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pokémon to Scale

I'm still fucking upset that I'm taller than Charizard and closer in size to Furrett than anything.

Like I think the official dex is measuring from head to tail and not head to foot

I'm still fucking upset that I'm taller than Charizard and closer in size to Furrett than anything.

Like I think the official dex is measuring from head to tail and not head to foot
Charizard is one of many Pokémon the anime consistently draws way too big. They are actually only as tall as a small human.

Some of these are definitely length-wise though, like Furret:
ootachi_big.jpg

The official dex size is such nonsense that most other official Pokemon appearances disregard it entirely lol, even sometimes in the mainline games

Slowpoke is bigger than a rhino! Or maybe Rhydon is just small...

Why is Groudon so small comapred to Kyogre lmao

Eternautus is a behemoth, good lord
I didn't realize Arbok was so huge.
All the serpentine Pokemon are listed as being huge because they use their full length. Even Sandaconda, despite the fact that it's always coiled up

Most Pokémon are way too small. The Alphas from Arceus made some of them way too big for sure, but for a lot of Pokémon the Alphas were simply the size they probably should be.

I know about some of the unusual heights, like how Excadrill is actually a pretty small mole despite its sheer power. But some heights just can't be appreciated until you see them compared, like Dhelmise being a very tall anchor.

Indeed, the serpentine Pokemon are the trickiest to actually scale since their lengths are different. I wonder how the games' Poke Dex handle those. Like for example, there's no way that Serperior is bigger than Golurk (though it is certainly longer than it is taller, yes). And then there's Onix and Steelix, who are very long but here, they are extremely big. Funnily, Arceus is also categorised as a Gen 5 Pokemon even though it is also a Gen 4 Pokemon.

Thank you for reading.

The Pokemon closest to me in height and weight are Garchomp and Rhydon which fucking rules

Back
Top Bottom