• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Pokémon Snap will be available on NSO on June 24th (out now!)

Having the Gen 1 Pokemon games being connectable to the Stadium Games on a modern console would honestly be a dream come true. The Stadium games have a lot of content that can be basically considered post-game content for the Gen 1 games, so they would really enhance the experience of playing Gen 1 again, something that the 3DS re-release didn't offer. The possibility of online battles could also be amazing.

Online could also breathe new life into games like the Mario Party games and Smash 64, although Smash will probably be unplayable with all the lag

It's gonna be a nostalgia bomb playing this again. Last time I played it was before I sold my N64 to buy a DS around 2005, so like 17 years ago. I loved the game and played it to hell and back, and even though I also loved New Snap, the original has a very particular charm and simplicity that it wasn't able to reproduce imo. It will be like going back to the old days of the Pokemon mania.

The prodigal Snap has return! I hope we will get a Snap 3 with evolutions and to ditch the different versions of the map like New Snap.

Intereting internal changes this time. F-Zero X might have been fixed, and we might be getting Hey You Pikachu in the future?

F-Zero X has improved. Still stutters, but stuttering clears up more often and more quickly. It's still not where it should be IMHO, the game camera moves so quickly at times that stutters stand out, and it's stuttering more often than not on many tracks, which means that I'll continue to pray to the NERD gods.

Yeah F-Zero X still needs some work. It has improved from the state it launched in but I still wouldn’t recommend it wholeheartedly.

Intereting internal changes this time. F-Zero X might have been fixed, and we might be getting Hey You Pikachu in the future?

Well that would certainly need new hardware for the microphone functionality unless I’m forgetting something 🤔

Played a little, it's a cute game and more addicting than I expected. When my Mom was playing she said "they should add a moving controller" i.e. gyro cause she was having issues aiming with the stick. It'd be cool for there to be hacked gyro in these games but I know that's kind of beyond the scope of what we should be expecting.

(I will continue to complain about the stupid dumb grey border around these games and whine endlessly that they will never just give us the toggle in future updates)

If we’re actually gonna get Hey You, Pikachu! after all, I wonder why they didn’t include a built-in microphone on the NSO N64 Controller…

Also, still no Banjo-Kazooie title fix with this update. =/

This was another N64 classic that I revisited around the holidays.

Long story short, this was the perfect rental game back in the day that you could get at your local video store or the blockbuster (ask your parents). Even though it is a short campaign, if you know what you are doing, you can easily finish this game within 3 hours, there is still a decent amount of variety and replayability. Being able to manipulate Pokemon in order to get the perfect shot was cool. Who doesn't like evolving a Charmander up to Charizard within a couple of minutes? Even though there were only 63 Pokemon available in the game, there was still a good variety of different types.

This is one of those perfect "revisit your childhood for a few hours" NSO games.

Back
Top Bottom