• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

News Pokémon Snap will be available on NSO on June 24th (out now!)

Having the Gen 1 Pokemon games being connectable to the Stadium Games on a modern console would honestly be a dream come true. The Stadium games have a lot of content that can be basically considered post-game content for the Gen 1 games, so they would really enhance the experience of playing Gen 1 again, something that the 3DS re-release didn't offer. The possibility of online battles could also be amazing.

Online could also breathe new life into games like the Mario Party games and Smash 64, although Smash will probably be unplayable with all the lag

Leo

Daffy Duck without the heart
Pronouns
He/Him
It's gonna be a nostalgia bomb playing this again. Last time I played it was before I sold my N64 to buy a DS around 2005, so like 17 years ago. I loved the game and played it to hell and back, and even though I also loved New Snap, the original has a very particular charm and simplicity that it wasn't able to reproduce imo. It will be like going back to the old days of the Pokemon mania.

Illucio

I can lift a solid two leaves 🍃
Pronouns
He
The prodigal Snap has return! I hope we will get a Snap 3 with evolutions and to ditch the different versions of the map like New Snap.

manfromthedam

Semi Undercover Game Music Guy
Intereting internal changes this time. F-Zero X might have been fixed, and we might be getting Hey You Pikachu in the future?

F-Zero X has improved. Still stutters, but stuttering clears up more often and more quickly. It's still not where it should be IMHO, the game camera moves so quickly at times that stutters stand out, and it's stuttering more often than not on many tracks, which means that I'll continue to pray to the NERD gods.

shoptroll

Chain Chomp
Contributor
Pronouns
he/him
Intereting internal changes this time. F-Zero X might have been fixed, and we might be getting Hey You Pikachu in the future?

Well that would certainly need new hardware for the microphone functionality unless I’m forgetting something 🤔

Serif

Boo
Pronouns
He/Him
Played a little, it's a cute game and more addicting than I expected. When my Mom was playing she said "they should add a moving controller" i.e. gyro cause she was having issues aiming with the stick. It'd be cool for there to be hacked gyro in these games but I know that's kind of beyond the scope of what we should be expecting.

(I will continue to complain about the stupid dumb grey border around these games and whine endlessly that they will never just give us the toggle in future updates)

Tye

All-around Nintendo enjoyer
Pronouns
they/them

If we’re actually gonna get Hey You, Pikachu! after all, I wonder why they didn’t include a built-in microphone on the NSO N64 Controller…

Also, still no Banjo-Kazooie title fix with this update. =/

Top Bottom