• A new Metroid event is now active. Come join the fun over in Aurc's thread!

StarTopic Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet |ST| Who You Callin' Paldea, Friend?

Brofield

Famicomrade
Pronouns
He/Him/His
The original post is removed. Not sure how much I trust a supposed email from a customer support rep
Go figure lol. I know it's nigh on foolishness to expect GameFreak to share an announcement acknowledging the technical performance and a patch coming out soon, but ffs

Sword and Shield got its first patch v1.1 on Jan 9th, 2020; I'm guessing that's probably the earliest we could expect similar (if at all)

ctc43f

Rattata
Pronouns
he/him
Heading into the crater, and I’m not quite done yet, but this game really goes places huh? Especially considering it’s a freaking Pokémon game. Really interesting stuff, and also really makes me wonder how Scarlet plays out in this part of the game.
As I got near the bottom, some of the Pokemon I saw made me legit say wtf is happening (I have Scarlett, the one with the ponytail made me laugh hard). And then the final sequence at the bottom was such a left-turn I just kept thinking yeah that came out of nowhere. Still enjoyed it though.

OP
OP
EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
I very much love that trainers don't auto-challenge you if you walk into their line of sight. Allowed me to quote unquote sequence break and grab an ice stone to evolve my Eevee, without worrying about being mowed down by someone with level 50s.

hologram

Chain Chomp
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
I know you're joking but but I see this stuff so much and it always bugs me

[climbs over wall] "Ohhh shit I just sequence broke!!!"

where did this term come from? shouldn't it be just "broke sequence"?
According to the world's most reliable source, Wikipedia, the term originates from a forum post about a skip in Metroid Prime

OP
OP
EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
Hehehe, I made that post earlier about not having to face trainers with high levels, and I obviously took a wrong turn somewhere, because I faced someone with level 50's while I'm in my low 30's. Still won though through pure brute force.

TheQuietone

The Dread Captain
Pronouns
They/them
Late game spoilers
Someone pointed out to me how Penny sends out Umbreon first to show an edgy dark brooding boss persona but at the end of the battle she sends out Sylveon to show her true self. I'm not crying you're crying. Definitely a trans character. No one can convince me otherwise

hologram

Chain Chomp
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
Lol I just did a raid online where everyone was using Azumarill

Still got our asses handed to us. Moxie will do that to you I guess

Vernal

Piranha Plant
The new mons grew on me a lot; I went from "don't know who I actually want on my squad" to "don't know how I'm gonna choose for my final six", though right now the team is kind of locked in. I'm probably gonna swap 1/2 elements when I reach area zero and paradox forms (got spoiled on Salamence and it looks as amazing as I expected it to be, even if it's post-game). I guess I could sort of have a two team set-up for an eventual DLC ahah.

I also just got done with the last medals, now I just need to complete the epilogues for each path (the league, etc..). I'm assuming the fourth one unlocks when you complete every "last chapter" right?

Last edited:

Top Bottom