• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pokémon Scarlet and Violet DLC Leaks/Spoilers

Apparently a khu is hinting at a "future" legends Unova (excellent idea honestly get a new legends with a big twist, hope its true). Future means you can continue the story/themes and not just look at old myths, you get more character driven stuff continuing on from black white. That is way more appealing to me then going back and seeing the original dragon (might see a future version or get all 3 in one body again rather than being split, seems like a more hype end game moment), or a less ruined sand castle. Interesting that they added so many Gen 5 references in legends Arceus, its quite likely we see Clay's descendent right after seeing his ancestor. And then there is Ingo and his brother, one getting teleported to the future seems like a natural mirror.

Then you have the chance for unique and more changed biomes. In the past, a forest is a forest, a swamp is a swamp. But in the future you can have a partially terraformed desert, city/bubble biomes in the forest, more unique locations for Pokémon and more interesting changes to the original map.

One question though is exactly how much map/content would be in this game? For gen 4 they already stretched the areas visually from the base game with 5 major locations. For gen 5 even fitting half the unique locations and having them feel fully realized in to say 6 or 7 locations seems like a challenge, before considering how the map may have changed.

Then there are cities, Legends Arceus has only 1 major city and 2 sets of tents. That wont fly for Unova, let alone a future Unova, so maybe something has destroyed some of the cities, some form of cataclysm, or future team plasma scorching stuff decades ago or something to that effect. I hope there are least 4-5 major cities though, that felt like something missing from legends Arceus.

Or Khu is trolling me and I am got overhyped.

I wouldn't expect or hope for more cities, since I presume the "paradox future" thing he is hinting at is going to be a ruined world so Gamefreak can get away with repeating the "one city and a bunch of enviroment maps with not much to them" formula again, since there is absolutely no way they will seriously attempt to populate the world of that game considering how Sword Shield and Scarlet Violet both pushed the envelope for how little care they can put into a town in the series.

To be honest I think GF was already done with remakes after ORAS, raising a top-down sprite game to the standards of full 3D is so arduous you may as well be creating a brand new game from scratch. With some sleuthing, people found out Masuda's talks with ILCA/pre-production on BDSP began in March 2020, over a year since PLA started development and 1.5 years before BDSP itself released. It's clear they wanted PLA to be the only Sinnoh revisit but got cold feet over how iconoclastic it was (it couldn't have been over a COVID delay, BDSP was absolutely planned to exist before lockdowns and WFH started), so they had ILCA pump out a remake as quickly as possible.

In terms of what they're doing with Unova, I def think it's either Paradox Unova or B3W3 (leaning to the former). Let's Go is a meme option, we're never getting one of those again. GF also probably planned this game before PLA even came out and thus didn't have time to internalize how popular the Legends format would end up being. This will be Gen 9's weird experimental title, and for a time the leaker had his handle as "Khu's Paradox Sequel", not to mention Unova already had it's fair share of past/future theming. I also think they'll do HD remasters for BW1 and 2 if it does continue the plot - specifically, they're just gonna touch up the 3D models already in the game and make it compatible with a single screen and do absolutely nothing else. The discourse around Pokemon is already unceasingly negative, I imagine they don't want to fuck with the sacred cow under any circumstance

Apparently a khu is hinting at a "future" legends Unova (excellent idea honestly get a new legends with a big twist, hope its true). Future means you can continue the story/themes and not just look at old myths, you get more character driven stuff continuing on from black white. That is way more appealing to me then going back and seeing the original dragon (might see a future version or get all 3 in one body again rather than being split, seems like a more hype end game moment), or a less ruined sand castle. Interesting that they added so many Gen 5 references in legends Arceus, its quite likely we see Clay's descendent right after seeing his ancestor. And then there is Ingo and his brother, one getting teleported to the future seems like a natural mirror.

Then you have the chance for unique and more changed biomes. In the past, a forest is a forest, a swamp is a swamp. But in the future you can have a partially terraformed desert, city/bubble biomes in the forest, more unique locations for Pokémon and more interesting changes to the original map.

One question though is exactly how much map/content would be in this game? For gen 4 they already stretched the areas visually from the base game with 5 major locations. For gen 5 even fitting half the unique locations and having them feel fully realized in to say 6 or 7 locations seems like a challenge, before considering how the map may have changed.

Then there are cities, Legends Arceus has only 1 major city and 2 sets of tents. That wont fly for Unova, let alone a future Unova, so maybe something has destroyed some of the cities, some form of cataclysm, or future team plasma scorching stuff decades ago or something to that effect. I hope there are least 4-5 major cities though, that felt like something missing from legends Arceus.

Or Khu is trolling me and I am got overhyped.
I will gladly get overhyped about the possibility of a new Legends game!

I never played Black and White, so I couldn’t talk about potential changes to Unova. But I definitely would like to see a fully seamless open world next time, instead of the open zones that PLA had. Maybe the power of the Redacted will help GF make that a reality.. and hopefully it’ll look better than SV did 🙏

Apparently khu is hinting at a "future" legends Unova (excellent idea honestly get a new legends with a big twist, hope its true). Future means you can continue the story/themes and not just look at old myths, you get more character driven stuff continuing on from black white.
I have no idea how you pulled any of this out of his posts

Did you not play either game? Sword and Shield has multiple cities that quite literally are just... not cities at all, they're backdrops you don't interact with in any way or form with no houses to enter and nothing to explore outside of the easily reusable Gym and Pokemon Center assets. Scarlet and Violet took that even further with SV and did basically an entire world where settlements are merely an aesthetical backdrop.

Ergo, for ease of development in their ever more rushed production cycle time they decided to do away with those elements, thus there is little reason to believe a new Legends game will try to aim for a populated world when it's clearly a thing they're not super interested on pursuing.

Did you not play either game? Sword and Shield has multiple cities that quite literally are just... not cities at all, they're backdrops you don't interact with in any way or form with no houses to enter and nothing to explore outside of the easily reusable Gym and Pokemon Center assets. Scarlet and Violet took that even further with SV and did basically an entire world where settlements are merely an aesthetical backdrop.

Ergo, for ease of development in their ever more rushed production cycle time they decided to do away with those elements, thus there is little reason to believe a new Legends game will try to aim for a populated world when it's clearly a thing they're not super interested on pursuing.

I was confused because I have hundreds of hours in both games and completely disagree with your take on SV. The towns in Sword and Shield were a joke, but SV's were totally sufficient imo.

I was confused because I have hundreds of hours in both games and completely disagree with your take on SV. The towns in Sword and Shield were a joke, but SV's were totally sufficient imo.
IMO you're absurdly wrong and genuinely so detached from the reality I saw in those games that I don't really have an interest in engaging with my "no ur wrong its worse" so you can go "uh no its not worse" so we'll end the conversation here I suppose.

Last edited:
IMO you're absurdly wrong and genuinely so detached from the reality I saw in those games that I don't really have an interest in engaging with my "no ur wrong its worse" so you can go "uh no its not worse" so we'll end the conversation here I suppose.
"Detached from reality" Lol chill, gamer

You can enter most of the houses in Sword and Shield. You can debate about whether there's anything of value in them but they are enterable. The complaint with the towns/cities at the time was that they reused interiors for Sword/Shield and larger landmarks such as the castle in Hammerlocke and Rollercoaster in Wyndon were mostly uninteractive aside from certain instances.

You can enter most of the houses in Sword and Shield. You can debate about whether there's anything of value in them but they are enterable. The complaint with the towns/cities at the time was that they reused interiors for Sword/Shield and larger landmarks such as the castle in Hammerlocke and Rollercoaster in Wyndon were mostly uninteractive aside from certain instances.
But I never said such places didn't exist? I said it has cities that are just backdrops, not that the majority are just backdrops. First Gym and Seventh Gym cities are literally just... not functioning cities at all, they're themed locations you walk thru with zero interactive effort. And beyond those two, they are all clearly inferior when compared to the juice they put into cities in past gens (Ballonlea was heartbreakingly disappointing), and Gen 9 managed to give even less of a (electric) rat's tail about the notion of making those settlements feel alive.
So that's two (three?) games that make it pretty clear they see that element of the game as increasingly more sacrificeable on their quest to put them out in 3 years, I'd expect a New Legends to once again repeat the formula of focusing on a base town with the rest of the game being wilderness locations.

Last edited:
But I never said such places didn't exist? I said it has cities that are just backdrops, not that the majority are just backdrops. First Gym and Seventh Gym cities are literally just... not functioning cities at all, they're themed locations you walk thru with zero interactive effort. And beyond those two, they are all clearly inferior when compared to the juice they put into cities in past gens (Ballonlea was heartbreakingly disappointing), and Gen 9 managed to give even less of a (electric) rat's tail about the notion of making those settlements feel alive.
So that's two (three?) games that make it pretty clear they see that element of the game as increasingly more sacrificeable on their quest to put them out in 3 years, I'd expect a New Legends to once again repeat the formula of focusing on a base town with the rest of the game being wilderness locations.
In your message you stated that there are no houses to enter and that is what I responded to. Whether you find them to be functioning cities is a matter personal opinion.
Sword and Shield has multiple cities that quite literally are just... not cities at all, they're backdrops you don't interact with in any way or form with no houses to enter and nothing to explore outside of the easily reusable Gym and Pokemon Center assets.

In your message you stated that there are no houses to enter and that is what I responded to. Whether you find them to be functioning cities is a matter personal opinion.
I was saying there are no houses to enter in the cities that fall within "not cities at all" category. There's no available houses to go inside of in both Milo and Piers gym cities, they are merely background assets that our character cannot reach or go inside of.

I actually would prefer they don't go seamless and go open zone again. Gamefreak clearly can't really handle seamless all that well. And Open zone usually means more varied and interesting biomes, and its easier to dole out the story at controlled doses (although ride pokemon abilities do a decent job of gating too).

That said, I do hope they at least have "entrances" to the other maps, either through caves, misty dark paths through trees, through cliffs etc like an old school game, so it at "feels" like a place and not 5 levels with no connection.

I kinda get where people are coming from with cities in recent games. They're not great in Gen 8 or 9, with a few exceptions. That's why I'd like 4-5 good ones, rather than 2-3 good ones and 10 mediocre ones. That said, even the poor ones at least establish a sense of place and make the region feel like it has a culture/society, its weird to me that the diamond and pearl clans were so small given they have pokemon partners they could build with, and you don't really get to see old Celestic or a proto-Hearthhome. That was one of the biggest misses of legends for me. (Also not enough trainer or big battles, the catch-em-all throwing gameloop doesn't feel realized when battles are so sparse and even alphas are better treated with a smoke bomb and heavy ball).

If future legends Unova is real, post apocalyptic-ish/paradox does seem likely as they can only have 1-2 cities and and the flat-lifeless-ish textures and visuals of modern pokemon game, which might fit better. I wouldn't expect it to be vastly more lush/polished then modern games so soon. Maybe gen 10 if it gets a slightly longer dev cycle with more resources (hopium).

I also wonder whether they would bother with a tradition or ILCA style remake for gen 5, then there's black/white 2 to consider as well. And are they going to skip over Gen 2? Uncharted territory.

My guess for the next Legends game was honestly this if only because it makes sense we would learn about the OG dragon. I don't necessarily mean seeing it and using it but I would like to learn more about the specifics and the lore, I could use a refresher on the BW series in general, Not to mention maybe we'll see more of the Legends battle system

I think in my opinion Legends Arceus also has one of the better "Gimmicks" or Mechanics for the battles that was severely underutilized since the focus was on catching things and research. Instead of overblown and semi unbalanced transformations, or the havoc Tera seems to be wreaking on the competitive scene (Which is extremely funny to watch as a rubbernecker and someone who will go to bat for it) Having the different turn based battle system based on actions per turn via speed (If there's a term for this I forgot it) works really well with the Fast/Strong, its so elegant because its simple, like not only do you need to consider the benefits of reduced power and status chance for a chance at a second attack or not letting an opponent get a leg up or going all in on a stronger, more accurate attack or higher chance for status procs, it also consumes more Power Points which means you are in far more danger of running out uses for a move which is rarely if ever an issue unless you're using 5 PP moves, barely then either since battles tend to be over quick enough and you have other pokemon to pick the slack up. This system even lets you click on Hyper Beam again without feeling silly since its no longer just "you completely lose a turn", its a strong move that can leave you open still but that's due to the action times and speed changes for this system. There are more interactions and things I could highlight like how this affects status moves too and healing but I think you get the gist

All that said I am unsure if that translates well into any type of PVP which is something I am a little iffy on if it ever should? It would probably take more effort than Gamefreak is willing to put in, not in a lazy type of way but in the sense that it works so well as a singleplayer only type thing, and with the prominence of doubles in the official comp format It seems unlikely. Since these games seem to focus on story anyways its probably not an issue for them though. I just wanted to talk about how much I adore Legend's and how I want to see its potential be reached.

Masters event on August 9th featuring Nemona and Pawmot begins later in the day than normal and words within the system mentioning a Pokemon Presents event on that day.

Ursaluna - Bloodmoon Form
It crossed the sea and drifted ashore in a new land. Surviving in this place led it to take on a unique appearance and gain special powers.
This special Ursaluna can see in the dark with its left eye and protects itself with mud that is as hard as iron.

F44Zdx-aMAQBsRg

Sinistcha - Unremarkable/Masterpiece
It pretends to be tea, trying to fool people into drinking it so it can drain their life-force. Its ruse is generally unsuccessful.

F44aRACaMAAsYg_

- Blood Moon
The user unleashes the full brunt of its spirit from a full moon that shines as red as blood. This move can't be used twice in a row.

- Matcha Gotcha
The user fires a blast of tea that it mixed. The user's HP is restored by up to half the damage taken by the target. This may also leave the target with a burn.

- Syrup Bomb
The user sets off an explosion of sticky candy syrup, which coats the target and causes the target's Speed stat to drop each turn for three turns.

- Ivy Cudgel
The user strikes with an ivy-wrapped cudgel. This move's type changes depending on the mask worn by the user, and it has a heightened chance of landing a critical hit.
- Mind's Eye (Bloodmoon Ursaluna)
The Pokémon ignores changes to opponents' evasiveness, its accuracy can't be lowered, and it can hit Ghost types with Normal- and Fighting-type moves.

- Supersweet Syrup (Dipplin)
A sickly sweet scent spreads across the field the first time the Pokémon enters a battle, lowering the evasiveness of opposing Pokémon.

- Hospitality (Poltchageist, Sinistcha)
When the Pokémon enters a battle, it showers its ally with hospitality, restoring a small amount of the ally's HP.

- Toxic Chain (Loyal Three)
The power of the Pokémon's toxic chain may badly poison any target the Pokémon hits with a move.

- Embody Aspect (Teal Mask Ogrepon)
The Pokémon's heart fills with memories, causing the Teal Mask to shine and the Pokémon's Speed stat to be boosted.

- Embody Aspect (Hearthflame Mask Ogrepon)
The Pokémon's heart fills with memories, causing the Hearthflame Mask to shine and the Pokémon's Attack stat to be boosted.

- Embody Aspect (Wellspring Mask Ogrepon)
The Pokémon's heart fills with memories, causing the Wellspring Mask to shine and the Pokémon's Sp. Def stat to be boosted.

- Embody Aspect (Cornerstone Mask Ogrepon)
The Pokémon's heart fills with memories, causing the Cornerstone Mask to shine and the Pokémon's Defense stat to be boosted.
Kitakami Road
Mossui Town
Loyalty Plaza
Reveler's Road
Kitakami Hall
Oni Mountain
Dreaded Den
Oni's Maw
Crystal Pool
Oni Mountain Summit
Wistful Fields
Mossfell Confluence
Fellhorn Gorge
Paradise Barrens
Kitakami Wilds
Timeless Woods
Infernal Pass
Chilling Waterhead
Bloodmoon Ursaluna
  • It crossed the sea and drifted ashore in a new land. Surviving in this place led it to take on a unique appearance and gain special powers.
  • This special Ursaluna can see in the dark with its left eye and protects itself with mud that is as hard as iron.

#1011: Dipplin
  • Dipplin is two creatures in one Pokémon. Its evolution was triggered by a special apple grown only in one place.
  • The head sticking out belongs to the fore-wyrm, while the tail belongs to the core-wyrm. The two share one apple and help each other out.

#1012: Poltchageist (Unremarkable Form)
  • Supposedly, the regrets of a tea ceremony master who died before perfecting his craft lingered in some matcha and became a Pokémon.
  • Poltchageist looks like a regional form of Sinistea, but it was recently discovered that the two Pokémon are entirely unrelated.

#1012: Poltchageist (Masterpiece Form)
  • It sprinkles some of its powdery body onto food and drains the life-force from those who so much as lick it.
  • It has taken up residence in a very expensive tea caddy. It takes an expert to distinguish the expensive tea caddies from the cheap ones.

#1013: Sinistcha (Unremarkable Form)
  • It pretends to be tea, trying to fool people into drinking it so it can drain their life-force. Its ruse is generally unsuccessful.
  • It prefers cool, dark places, such as the back of a shelf or the space beneath a home's floorboards. It wanders in search of prey after sunset.

#1013: Sinistcha (Masterpiece Form)
  • It lives inside a superb teacup that was crafted by a potter of great renown. Collectors positively adore this Pokémon.
  • The more stirring it does with the tea whisk on its head, the more energy it builds up. It does this to prepare for battle.

#1014: Okidogi
  • After all its muscles were stimulated by the toxic chain around its neck, Okidogi transformed and gained a powerful physique.
  • Okidogi is a ruffian with a short temper. It can pulverize anything by swinging around the chain on its neck.

#1015: Munkidori
  • The chain is made from toxins that enhance capabilities. It stimulated Munkidori's brain and caused the Pokémon's psychic powers to bloom.
  • Munkidori keeps itself somewhere safe while it toys with its foes, using psychokinesis to induce intense dizziness.

#1016: Fezandipiti
  • Fezandipiti owes its beautiful looks and lovely voice to the toxic stimulants emanating from the chain wrapped around its body.
  • Fezandipiti beats its glossy wings to scatter pheromones that captivate people and Pokémon.

#1017: Ogerpon (Teal Mask form)
  • This Pokémon's type changes based on which mask it's wearing. It confounds its enemies with nimble movements and kicks.
  • This mischief-loving Pokémon is full of curiosity. It battles by drawing out the type-based energy contained within its masks.

#1017: Ogerpon (Wellspring Mask form)
  • This form excels in both attack and defense. It ceaselessly unleashes moves like a spring gushes water.
  • In this form, it draws on the power of water. It attacks unrelentingly with kicks and ivy strikes.

#1017: Ogerpon (Heartflame Mask form)
  • This form is the most aggressive, bombarding enemies with the intensity of flames blazing within a hearth.
  • In this form, it draws on the power of fire. It spears its enemies with thorn-covered ivy.

#1017: Ogerpon (Cornerstone Mask form)
  • This form has excellent defenses, absorbing impacts solidly like the cornerstones that support houses.
  • In this form, it draws on the power of stone. Its body is rock-solid, protecting it from all manner of attacks.

also Kitakami has White-striped Basculin

Guess I'm late to the leaks haha,

But holy shit that blood moon Ursaluna goes HARD

This DLC is going to be amazing. Game Freak has really knocked it out of the park with their expansions these past two gens.

Back
Top Bottom