• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pokémon Scarlet and Violet DLC Leaks/Spoilers

Bobdapeach

Octorok
Pronouns
He/They
Saw the original thread was locked because the games came out. Info on the DLC is slowly trickling out (has been even before the games released) but some more just came out today

Past Suicune: Water / Fire (may be Water / Dragon according to another leaker)
Japanese name: ウネルミナモ (Uneruminamo)
Rough ENG translation: Swelling Watersurface

Future Virizion: Grass* / Psychic (may be Psychic / Dragon according to another leaker)
Japanese name: テツノイサハ (Tetsunoisaha)
Rough ENG translation: Strength of Iron
*apparently the leaked Spanish translation of its signature move name uses the word grass

w5ZDLJy.jpg

Paradox Suicine (Scarlet), Paradox Virizion (Violet), Third Legendary have been teased in the base game

N7PicOs.jpg

t9rgUVu.jpg

tzl3cbN.jpg

Last edited:
Water/Fire Suicune? That sounds awesome. Wish we could get a non-legendary Water/Fire type though, that's our second legendary.

Typings are wrong. Based off another leaker, Paradox Suicune is Water/Dragon and Paradox Virizon is Psychic/Fighting

Typings are wrong. Based off another leaker, Paradox Suicune is Water/Dragon and Paradox Virizon is Psychic/Fighting
That makes a bit more sense. Curious about the designs.

Also, do we need spoiler tags in a spoiler thread?

That's true, but I like to be mindful of accidental clicks even in spite of the Ignore button

You can see the designs in-game in the Violet/Scarlet books, unless you mean the proper models of course.

Could be! These were just speculations based on the moves datamined. If another leaker is saying those, I’ll add them to the OP!

I really wanna see the weird biblical egg thing. Considering the final boss was cool in this game, I think they could pull something similar off.

There was another leak a while back from the typings guy (going to refer to them merely as Leaker A, they're a piece of shit and I don't want them getting undue attention), where they said out of Megas/Z-Moves/Dynamax/Tera, Mega Evolution had something about it that the other 3 lacked and that it was very much a DLC hint that "spoils so much". Combining that with how:
  1. The greyed out (non-Crater) part of the map represents Andorra
  2. Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant are very obvious references (explicitly stated in RM's case) to Megas
  3. The returning starters in the code are from PLA, SwSh, and XY. The first two make sense since they're from the preceding gen, but the latter is seemingly random
I think it's clear that the difference between Megas and the others is that Megas were the only ones to be usable past their initial generation, and we're going to see a previously-unexplored portion of Kalos in the DLC. The solution to the riddle may be that a lot of fan favorite Megas are returning in the form of Paradox Pokemon like RM and IV, so that way they carried on without the baggage of also having to include Mega Evolution in general. I've memed on the idea of a Kalos revisit before, but the way things are lining up is too much to ignore

my dumb guesses for stuff that might get explained in DLC:
  • The inscription on the ground in Area Zero was made by Empire explorers, who came up with some of the Paradox Pokémon
  • Heath's phantom memory page explained how Terastallization worked
  • Koraidon/Miraidon was imagined by Heath, based on his experience with his Cyclizar
  • Disc legendary has some kind of connection to Glimmora a la Diancie/Carbink, might be Rock-type and then either Poison or Dark?
  • Something is up with Geeta, the GLs don't seem to like her and Nemona points out that her main is found in Area Zero
  • The metal plate with the inscription is related to another DLC Pokémon, because I can't think of anything else to explain it

The Centro page doesn't know anything, they just aggregate stuff posted by Khu and dataminers. They're not teasing, most people are expecting a Feb 27 thing to align with Pokémon Day and the 1.2 patch

1 month from the tweet is Pokemon Day, which is the usual time they do these announcements
That’s only true for standalone games, not DLC and expansions. Out of all the DLC they’ve done;
  • SWSH was announced early January
  • Snap was announced in August
  • Legends Arceus was the only announced and released on Pokémon Day

I agree it seems like the most likely date, but there’s no a pattern saying it a given. Lots of folks here were expecting early January based off the SWSH DLC announcement.

That’s only true for standalone games, not DLC and expansions. Out of all the DLC they’ve done;
  • SWSH was announced early January
  • Snap was announced in August
  • Legends Arceus was the only announced and released on Pokémon Day

I agree it seems like the most likely date, but there’s no a pattern saying it a given. Lots of folks here were expecting early January based off the SWSH DLC announcement.
They had to hold the Pokemon presentation early that year because PMD DX came out at the beginning of March, if they held it at a normal time that game would have had barely a week of marketing

It feels like a blessing and a curse that Pokemon Day is on a February, ever since the main Pokemon games are now mainly latter year releases (mainly 4th quarters). That early in the year meant that we get to know ahead of time when a new Pokemon will be released this year, but also meant that the wait could get grueling.

Thank you for reading.

I don't think that's a shock. Iron Treads didn't look entirely the same as its depiction in the violet book either; it had different legs. It's a shame though because "robot version of Pokémon" is kinda lame, whereas the musketeer in the book looks sick as hell

Curious about the "PKHex-like" feature that's supposed to be in the DLC. Did we ever get any more details about that?
We've only heard of it from Khu's mentioning it.

My guess would be that this kind of feature makes more sense contextually in The Indigo Disk, but who knows what it'll look like.
How reliable/likely is the returning Pokemon list? I've been waiting eons to let my beloved Shiny Magcargo leave Home because I didn't buy BDSP.
The list itself doesn't quite reach the 230+ count stated to be returning, and there are a few Pokémon on it that are already available but don't have Pokédex entries. Adding the other Pokémon on the transfer-only list would total over 250, which could mean that some of the Pokémon on that list might end up in distributions between now and the release of The Teal Mask. There's a good chance that the Pokémon whose Pokédex entries were wiped will all return, but it's possible that list might not align with the final list exactly, and we don't have any indication of which Pokémon would be added in The Teal Mask versus The Indigo Disk.

I do find it interesting that all of the new Pokémon from Legends Arceus have had their Pokédex entries deleted, since this would suggest that these Pokémon have Pokédex entries in the DLC, meaning you would be able to obtain them without Home or trading. My initial thought was that this could be in The Teal Mask, since Kitakami is very Japanese, but I could also see it as part of the PKHeX-like feature that could fit in The Indigo Disk.

I think it would be REALLY REALLY REALLY weird for them to stop short of finishing the Unova starters when 1/3 of it is already done and in the game, and even more so since it seems like they're trying to have all starters in the game except those two. Either the list is not complete and they're coming too or 2024 Unova remakes are coming hot on the heels of SV.

So Walking Wake and Iron Leaves look nothing like their book sketches, and they don't have dex entries either. Khu has described both of them as "vassals" of Terapagos; what if they debut properly in part 2 of the DLC and are granted their book forms by Terapagos?

So Walking Wake and Iron Leaves look nothing like their book sketches, and they don't have dex entries either. Khu has described both of them as "vassals" of Terapagos; what if they debut properly in part 2 of the DLC and are granted their book forms by Terapagos?
When did he say that about them? I don’t follow his Twitter because he’s a weirdo.

How reliable/likely is the returning Pokemon list? I've been waiting eons to let my beloved Shiny Magcargo leave Home because I didn't buy BDSP.
Most likely 100%
Same thing happened for SWSH and it was accurate

I saw this visualization of the lines with deleted Dex entries, thought folks might want to see it:
1677530025539-png.495461

Once again, it's not confirmed these are coming back, but it's pretty likely that this is the list.

It will probably also include some/all Legendaries, since they likely wouldn't get Dex entries anyway.

One thing I find pretty interesting is that Rampardos and Bastiodon are in, but not other fossils are. Maybe they will get Regional forms?

Last edited:
I saw this visualization of the lines with deleted Dex entries, thought folks might want to see it:
1677530025539-png.495461

Once again, it's not confirmed these are coming back, but it's pretty likely that this is the list.

It will probably also include some/all Legendaries, since they likely wouldn't get Dex entries anyway.

One thing I find pretty interesting is that Rampardos and Bastiodon are in, but not other fossils are. Maybe they will get Regional forms?
The most interesting thing to me is the lack of Gen 5 starters, makes me wonder if we are in fact getting BW remakes this gen.

The most interesting thing to me is the lack of Gen 5 starters, makes me wonder if we are in fact getting BW remakes this gen.
I could honestly be a-okay with the BDSP style with some minor tweaks. Some different lighting and make the character models less plastic-y.

I’d still prefer the pixel art preserved somehow but that won’t happen.

I didn’t do the Sword/Shield DLC - how did it work in terms of the Pokédex? I completed the Dex in Scarlet, but now you can bring over so many more Pokémon. Does the Pokédex just add the Pokémon that you can catch in the game or all of the Pokémon that you can transfer over?

I didn’t do the Sword/Shield DLC - how did it work in terms of the Pokédex? I completed the Dex in Scarlet, but now you can bring over so many more Pokémon. Does the Pokédex just add the Pokémon that you can catch in the game or all of the Pokémon that you can transfer over?
In Sword and Shield the Isle of Armor had a separate smaller Pokedex, as did the Crown Tundra. After each part released you could transfer in any Pokemon newly added to the game, even if you didn't buy the DLC.

Like the base games of Sword and Shield and Scarlet and Violet, the DLC also added some Pokemon to the game that weren't in any of the in-game Pokedexes, usually Legendaries and Mythicals. You could also transfer those in.

@Sibuna_Switch said:
SV version 1.3.2 added a new, interesting message: "Mew is going to go all out against this formidable opponent!"

This is used when a Mew enters a 7-Star Mewtwo raid! Mew gets a 50% HP boost and 20% stat boost to all 5 other stats.

There's one more thing I didn't notice originally when I posted about the Mew power-up interaction with the future 7-Star Mewtwo raids...

The Mew I used versus the Mewtwo had the Mightiest Mark afterwards!

Oooh I hadn't seen the follow up tweet. That's awesome. I wonder if we will see some more themed "counters" that get the Mightiest Mark as well. Maybe they will use that as a way to give it to Mythicals without making them too widely available, though BDSP and PLA have pretty much done that already.

Lot of today's hints were interesting, sounds like there is a new Evo, new convergent, and most certainly a new game likely relating to Unova. I like the idea of a new legends game that instead of focusing on the past, focuses on a future that you get warped into, maybe as a result of all these paradox effects or something.

I saw many on reddit etc were thinking it would just be a basic remake, which is possible (and probable), but since BDSP released with legends, it's logical BW could also release with its own Spinoff, whether it's legends or a new title name.

Also for a remake, I'd rather see Bandai make one than ILCA again.

Back
Top Bottom