• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics look very bad still. Hope the gameplay is a return to form and undoes all the bad decisions of the modern (Gen 6+) games (lack of post-game content, handholding, route simplification, lack of dungeons, bad stories, etc.)

Last edited:
I am amazed by how poor these early Pokemon trailers always look visually but I'm excited either way. Really like the names for the games and that water starter looks cool. They're really working GameFreak to the bone huh?

I admire the desire to make the series more modern and expansive, but please Game Freak get some technical aid because visually it looked once again very, very poor.

That cat is so cute that I might end up choosing a Grass type for once!

It looks sooooo bad 😭😭
These games will always be rushed cash grabs, after arceus I was starting to have hope, but maybe it's time to accept Pokémon will always be mediocre

Its a mistake to not give 4 years between gens like they do it for gen 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5.

They will regret it later.

Also, its very likely it will not feature as many ideas from Arceus as we hoped.

Pokémon Doomed.

Am I the only one who'll miss fixed camera more linear Pokemon btw? I know a lot of people like the open stuff and I do too but I really enjoyed the simpler nature of fixed camera routes.

switch's 2022 is absolutely insane. but i'm afraid this coming this year will make nintendo more likely to delay botw 2 😢

Looks ropey at the minute, will probably end up being a touch better but I'm not expecting a huge improvement if I'm honest.

I do like the starters, the fire type give me Totodile vibes, and the grass cat makes me think of Litten

So with BDSP by ILCA and Legends: Arceus released a month ago, no need to rush to the next games! Game Freak can take a break, right?

...Game Freak can take a break, right?

...Welp.

I need pictures, pictures of humans... they looked "interesting". But it was only shown for a short time... maybe it's not that bad as i remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom