• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can experience a new style of adventure, with a world that you’re free to explore at your leisure and not in an order dictated by the story.

ZHmDaFT.png

"You can experience a new style of adventure, with a world that you’re free to explore at your leisure and not in an order dictated by the story." very interesting tidbit from the website

Edit: Beaten

The legendaries are awful, why does the one have fucking jet engines? I mean at least they aren’t as bad as the SwSh legendaries, but they’re still bad

Well hello there Professor Turo 👀

Both legendaries looking good, so with Turo and the violet looking nicer for the uniform, Violet it is!

4 player Pokemon? Hot Spanish goatee professor? Pleasant looking overworld? Nonlinear progression?

I am intrigued.

NON-LINEAR TRAVERSAL? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely in a Pokémon game?

Yes

May I see it?

The trailer seems to implied not much in the way of gating the player off with the scenery they were running.

Makes me wonder how they’ll implement elite 4 and whatnot.

I feel like I could have given been given the exact same informations contained in this 3 minutes trailer in a single tweet with 4 pictures.

The Pokémon look fine but I definitely think the human characters are a huge step back from Sun and Moon or even Sword and Shield / Arceus.

Not much shown in the gameplay department but love the new Pokemon designs, especially the legendaries. I was going Scarlet anyways, but Koraidon makes this a no-brainer. Lechonk, Pawmi and Smoliv are going straight into my early party, hope Lechonk has a ground type evolution. Interesting bit with the two professors, I wonder how radical the version changes will be.

To be honest. The legendaries aren’t over design.

And looks like a past vs future theme like?

Base on the clothing of the professors.

Please, please, PLEASE, Nintendo of Spain, I am begging you to localise the pokémon names (not lechonk, though, that works great in Spanish too)

Oh yes, Lechonks does it for me and I'll eat that olive alive. I am really liking what I see I like EVERYTHING except for the legendaries right now... Can't wait honestly! Well done Gamefreak, you made me excited again! Multiplayer as well, thank you very much my girlfriend will love to play this with me and it seems we really can at the same time now!

Animations looking really smooth (Do I see PhyX?) but resolution a bit rough, I don't mind though. I really like both the character and Pokémon models so far. There's definitely a lot of improvements here. And the colours oh the colours <3

Last edited:
This was the most interesting bit from the website to me:

A Deeper Experience with Multiplayer Gameplay

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet allow multiplayer gameplay with up to four players.,Along with series staples, such as trading and battling Pokémon, you will be able to explore the various locations of the region in these games with other players. You can discover new Pokémon and explore unfamiliar areas with your friends and family, opening the door to an adventure more precious and fun than ever!

I'm sorry but this looks like a step back from legends. Cold catching is gone and it even seems like battle transitions might be back, not to mention all the other amazing pla mechanics ( pokemon being able to attack you etc). Looks like it all might be gone. Essentially just looks like an open world sword/shield to me.

Seems interesting but considering how poor Wild Area was in SwSh I'm definitely "wait and see" on that.
The fact that they limited it to 4 already gives me hope that it's something a little more substantial.

Also seems like we‘ll have a competent rival again, instead of the bumbling buffoons of Galar and Alola.

I'm sorry but this looks like a step back from legends. Cold catching is gone and it even seems like battle transitions might be back, not to mention all the other amazing pla mechanics ( pokemon being able to attack you etc). Looks like it all might be gone. Essentially just looks like an open world sword/shield to me.
PLA was never supossed to be the next direction of Pokemon games though, that's like if SwSh was expected to follow Let's Go style

Nemona honestly looks way better than any rival they have had since Black and White 2.

Someone who is already quite a bit ahead of you, but wants to help you get started is just way better than anything they did with, well especially Hop.

Not sold on the open world. Worried it'll be a lot of wide open fields in generic biomes (desert, ice mountain, grassy plain) with nothing really in there. Also somewhat concerned about the difficulty curve/how trainers will work if this is truly open world, will they scale in level with you?

Love the human designs, most Pokemon I've seen are good so far. Lechonk is already the best addition to this dex.

It really does seem like that

PLA was never supossed to be the next direction of Pokemon games though, that's like if SwSh was expected to follow Let's Go style
They seemed to imply to me during last year's direct (when they announced PLA) that it was the direction of the Pokemon games. I guess your right though.

Those posts in the other thread predicting the Internet is gonna make whatever the trailer shows sexy were prophetic. Except GF didn't leave the Internet much room upwards with the Professors.

If by cold catching you mean catching without initiating battle, what makes you think that's gone? There seems to be stealth/crouching which would suggest cold catching, no?

Looks so much more polished than Arceus. If it's as open as they suggest, and if they included some of the more immediate feeling gameplay innovations of Arceus I might try a Pokemon game for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom