• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshinobu Matsumiya, who has written the main story for every new gen game since Gold/Silver, had the same role for Arceus. Ever since BW, he's hasn't been really involved with the mid-gen games. So I wonder what that means for his role for SV. Well, the director of the game usually comes up with the overall concept anyway (except for SM where it was done by Takao Unno).

I'm not too interested in the story, but I thought I'd point it out since people where talking about it.
if he's been involved since Gen 2, either he or the group are just too inconsistent to really have any expectations

Quoted by: N75
if he's been involved since Gen 2, either he or the group are just too inconsistent to really have any expectations
The credits up until Gen 5 were split into "Plot Scenario" and "Game Scenario". I'm guessing the former was just the general outline and the latter were the specifics (where Matsumiya was usually credited).

The story has also been worked on by others like Masuda, Ohmori, Koji Nishino, and Hitomi Sato. SwSh was the first game where a bunch of people were credited for "Story Planning", which happened again for Arceus. Funnily enough, the Planning Director and "Story Team" lead for Arceus was Yuichi Murase, who used to work at Level-5.

The first SwSh trailer after the reveal was actually pretty meaty. Revealed several new Pokemon, several areas (including our first look at the Wild Area), and the box legends. Granted, that was part of a full presentation and not a standalone, but I'm still expecting some pretty significant stuff here, especially since it could lead into a Treehouse segment if they're doing those this year. I think we'll at least get to see how the open world works
It also revealed that overworld encounters were coming back which some thought from the reveal made it seem like they weren't. Some people also think the reveal for S/V confirmed that 'cold catching' from PLA isn't coming back.... which it might not be but I still hold on to hope.

Yeah, I miss when legendaries were just chilling somewhere instead of being involved in some cross-dimensional scheme to end life and reality. They actually felt way more important when you had to explore a hidden optional dungeon to find them instead of just appearing in front of you with hours of foreshadowing.

Pokémon is at its best when it's just a cozy adventure in an unkown world waiting for you to explore it.
Would require Pokemon to have dungeons again unfortunately which they really have seemed to move away from almost entirely

Hoping this turns out well. Not a particular fan of the series, and Legends didn't do all that much for me, but I'm always rooting for Game Freak to do good things.

As a weird person who happens to enjoy both BDSP and PLA, I have confidence that I’ll enjoy this too - here’s hoping Gamefreak takes some of the more reasonable fan feedback to heart and makes SV a more polished experience than SWSH.

I haven't played Legends Arceus but after the good reception I'm pretty hyped for Scarlet/Violet new trailer tomorrow. I know that Legends Arceus is a mainline title but I'm sure Game Freak have put more effort into Scarlet/Violet than in PLA since it's a new generation, I'm ready to be surprised.

Surprisingly excited (maybe hopeful is the better word) for this one as someone who bounced off the series real hard with SwSh. Hope we get to see the cover legendaries tomorrow.

Would require Pokemon to have dungeons again unfortunately which they really have seemed to move away from almost entirely
Yeah literally my biggest complaint with Legends Arceus.

Every single legendary was just dropped on your lap with a quest guiding the way. No exploration looking for them required.

A somewhat reliable leaker seems to be hinting at either a regional form or new evo for a Gen 2 mon

Riddler Khu who has provided correct info in the past (and also is a massive jerk, disclaimer) seems to be hinting at something new for Dunsparce. Can't post direct link as his tweets are protected but its going around Pokeleaks and some other places. Grain of salt as usual.

It's about damn time!
A somewhat reliable leaker seems to be hinting at either a regional form or new evo for a Gen 2 mon

Riddler Khu who has provided correct info in the past (and also is a massive jerk, disclaimer) seems to be hinting at something new for Dunsparce. Can't post direct link as his tweets are protected but its going around Pokeleaks and some other places. Grain of salt as usual.
I think they also hinted at a regional evolution for
Spoink and Grumpig

oh boy, I was so excited for schools that I forgot we're getting another electric skrunkly today

Britain's was a dog, maybe Spain's will be a cat or a fox?

Pokemon fans in two hours when they cut the dex again.

FUC0JCwWUAAjcP7.png

Pokemon enjoyers in two hours when they reveal cute new Pokemon designs.

SMRL-Line-DK-Banana.gif

My personal wish is that they show Slugma or Magcargo at some point, because my beloved Shiny Magcargo is stuck in Home because I didn't buy BDSP.

Hoping for voice acting and some level of the action gameplay we saw in Arceus.

I also hope the final game will have the same streamlined UI as Arceus did, but I don't know that we'll see that today.

I want to aim and throw pokeballs in real time like in Arceus

Basically I want a new Arceus but without the agile and strong style battle system

Hopefully, they bring back Trainer battles. Couldn't get into Legends: Arceus due to no trainers and the different time period.
I see no reason for them miasing in a mainline game.
Arceus was more of a proof of concept of the more free raoming gameplay style, that's why it focussed more on the collecting aspect of the games.
Most of the battles were a joke in Arceus, but I think you are missing out on the final one.

The meeting I had that was scheduled for the exact moment the video will be dropping was canceled. Praise Arceus! Now give me that full-blown open world, Game Freak!

Really excited for this, nothing like a new generation of Pokemon. Hope to see battle gameplay, Arceus style catching and some brand new Pokemon. E3 starts....right now!

I don't really have a lot to say honestly. I do like the character design of these NPC at least.

The new human artstyle is going to take some getting used to but the rest looks genuinely good. Also some cool new Pokémon designs.

LECHONK

The build up towards the legendaries, the music was really similar to Monster Hunter and then I saw jet engines and I was like Valstrax?? Lmao

I absolutely love all the new Pokémon. Lechonk is a fucking unit if Ive ever seen one

Legendaries look super cool too, I legit can't decide which one I like more, leaning Violet for now

Not a fan of the legendaries (it's almost a joke now how much they look like overdesigned digimon) but I would take a bullet for lechonk.

You can experience a new style of adventure, with a world that you’re free to explore at your leisure and not in an order dictated by the story. You will, of course, journey to hone your skills as a Pokémon Trainer, but many more discoveries and stories await you. Meet a variety of people and Pokémon, and adventure in the world of Pokémon the way you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom