• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armarouge is an instant team member. Honorable fighter, Armor Cannon is a special Fire Close Combat, looks cool as hell, I'm sold.

The three-pronged structure looks interesting, a cool way to bring back "Totem Pokemon" in a new way too. I'll be sure to go down all three routes.

This trailer was mostly great, but I’m a bit mixed on a couple things, especially the evil team and some minor music/school themes.

1) The evil team is yet again going for the punk rock/counter-culture/etc vibe? I’m getting a little sick of that. I miss when evil teams were high-tech mad science nonsense

2) The music seems very marching-band-y and makes me wonder if they’re leaning into the “school sports” angle and having some battles go back to the sports vibes like in Sword/Shield. That was easily my least favorite thing about Sw/Sh so I was kind of hoping it wouldn’t show up here

Otherwise good stuff though!

Game looks better and better for me with each showing

Arceus had already basically restored my faith in the franchise (and has honestly probably taken the spot as my favorite Pokemon game) and this seems to go even further in a lot of ways. It's really great to see a Pokemon game with real ambition behind it.

Armarouge and Ceruledge must be two of the coolest Pokémon I've ever seen. Absolutely 10/10 designs, they look phenomenal. Love the colors, attitude, typings, just p e r f e c t i o n. Outside of Koraidon they're the only Gen 9 Pokémon that I'm head over heels for the designs of. So psyched for Scarlet.

Klawf is pretty boring. Nothing wrong with its design but its not adding much to Pokemon that we didn't already have, A lobster would've been a nice change. Its fine in any case and I do appreciate the Pure-Rock Typing as it helps it stand out from most of the other crustaceans.

Really psyched about these two new Fire-Types though, I've been itching for some designs I can really get behind and they've been on my mind all day. Excited for the release! 😁

Wiglett looks neat. I remember hearing that the Galarian Birds in SwSh were actually convergent evolution instead of divergent, so it seems like they're fully committing to that concept. The increased focus on the ecological aspect is easily the best part of modern Pokemon imo

I was curious if anyone was thinking of or has already preordered the Scarlet/Violet themed OLED?

Last edited:
I really like how that "trailer" was presented, leaning into the ecological side of Pokémon, having them be studied like actual animals. I think it sells the concept of convergent evolution (in the biological sense).

I really like how that "trailer" was presented, leaning into the ecological side of Pokémon, having them be studied like actual animals. I think it sells the concept of convergent evolution (in the biological sense).
reminds me of that video where scientists were roasting thing hell out of an octopus

I see we still have that weird light leakage/whatever is going on with Wigglet's outline from PLA as well ahah, though it does not seem as pronounced so maybe it's something else entirely. Well it doesn't bother me too much but GF plz.
hard to say if that's light leakage and not just the effect of their rim lighting shader

Wow surprised to see an actual song by Ed Sheeran will be in the game itself :O

It's a nice song, it grew on me pretty quickly!

I feel like this will be the opening track that plays when you are being introduced to the world of Pokémon or it will be the credits song.

I see we still have that weird light leakage/whatever is going on with Wigglet's outline from PLA as well ahah, though it does not seem as pronounced so maybe it's something else entirely. Well it doesn't bother me too much but GF plz.

If you look at this image straight on it kind of looks like Kirby inhaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom