• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Pre-Release Thread (November 19th, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
brilliant-diamond-shining-pearl-169-en.jpg

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Release Date: November 19th, 2021

New And Returning Features Include:
-The Grand Underground
-Following Pokemon
-Super Contests
-Ball Capsules
-The Pokétch
-Hidden Moves via the Pokétch (no more HM slaves!)
-Union Room
-Trainer Customization
-Pokémon Home support in 2022!

Pre-Order Bonuses Include:
-12 Quick Balls for pre-ordering the game on the Nintendo eShop.
-200 Pokéballs if you pre-order the dual pack.
-2 of every Apricorn Ball if you pre-order on Amazon in the United States.

And of course, through February 21st, 2022, anyone who uses the Mystery Gift function (unlocked about 2 hours in) can receive over the internet an egg for the super rare Manaphy, which you can then breed for the other super rare Pokémon, Phione.

I’m looking forward to returning to Diamond. Last Pokémon game of my childhood before dropping the series with Gen 5 (even tho I beat that game, it wasn’t really “I’m into it” like the last 4 gens, can’t explain it).

Even if Gen 4 were mediocre games.

I am pretty excited to revisit this. Gen 4 is one of my least favorite generations so it has been a very long time since I explored Sinnoh at all.

I get people being disappointed with the remake style, but it could potentially lead to faster/more remakes if this is successful. I would not mind Gen 5 in this style at all, and maybe we will actually get a BW2 remake as well (as a separate release).

I've actually quite liked the art style from the start, and it looks better each time we see it. I'm pretty excited for these. The only detail I'm waiting to see confirmed is really just Exp Share. If it's optional in this game then I'm pretty sure I'll get Shining Pearl Day 1. Otherwise I'll end up passing on it.

I am so excited for this.

This is the Switch's first traditional top-down Pokemon game.

Let's Go was top-down but required a single Joy Con to play and did not have traditional wild Pokemon Battles.

Sword and Shield had neo-Pokemon linearity and 3D world design.

This feels like classic Pokemon. I am 100% sure this will be one of my most-played titles.

Oh, there is a pre-order bonus for Amazon? Ordered the double pack on there months ago. Going to be a Christmas present for my son but I'm sure I'll play one of them... the latest trailer really sold me on it.

Gen 4 may not be my favorite generation (aside from the glorious HeartGold and Soul Silver), but still, I'm excited to rediscover the Sinnoh region! I even have my team planned out for my playthrough of Brilliant Diamond, as well as a few of their names figured out; Infernape, Glaceon (Shiver), Honchcrow (Don Corvo), Rampardos (Skultan), Gastrodon, and Luxray.

Also I want that special edition Switch Lite.
switch-lite.original.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom