• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pokémon HOME users, what is your playtime?

What is your Pokémon HOME playtime?

• 10 hours or less

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • 10 - 20 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 - 40 hours

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 40 hours or more

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Weebos

Plural
Founder
I play a lot of Pokémon, and that means I end up playing a lot of Pokémon HOME. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but these Pokémon aren't going to sort themselves.

u5Dv1rO.jpg

35 hours, nothing crazy right? Though it is definitely more than I've played most of my games on Switch.

Here are the stats from the app itself:

wJkDXF1.jpg

And for fun, here is Pokémon Bank (I couldn't be bothered to transfer a screenshot):

znkQUJo.jpg

I wish we still had the Activity Log.

My organization could use some work, but I do have a system for keeping my collection manageable:
  • I keep Box 1 empty, because transferred Pokémon from Transporter and GO tend to go there.
  • Box 2 onward is a Living Dex.
  • After the Living Dex we have boxes devoted to personal Pokémon (old starters, old favorites, etc), then Pokémon from Orre (the GameCube games).
  • Then the organization starts to fall apart. I have Legendaries, Shinies, and Competitive Pokémon vaguely organized in a stream of boxes, followed by miscellaneous Pokémon I haven't sorted yet.
  • And the last 50-60 boxes are a mish-mash of Wonder Traded Pokémon.
  • The final box (200) is where I keep Pokémon distributed from Pokémon HOME itself, since the app has it's own OT ID.

So, any other Pokémon HOME users broken in the head like me? Do you have an ungodly playtime for a storage app? Do you have better organization methods (probably)?

Barely even an hour. I only use it to claim free Pokémon during gifts and updates. I never used Bank much either.

Pretty low on Switch, less than 5 hours I think, but I wish you could see the time on the mobile app. When it came out right before COVID hit everywhere I spent a ton of time on the GTS looking for Vivillon forms and other things. Back when I was in the office, feels like forever ago
  • After the Living Dex we have boxes devoted to personal Pokémon (old starters, old favorites, etc),
  • Then the organization starts to fall apart. I have Legendaries, Shinies, and Competitive Pokémon vaguely organized in a stream of boxes, followed by miscellaneous Pokémon I haven't sorted yet.
I'm not done with living dex yet, or getting it organized, but this is how I've been picturing mine going too! Nice haha

I play a lot of Pokémon, and that means I end up playing a lot of Pokémon HOME. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but these Pokémon aren't going to sort themselves.

u5Dv1rO.jpg

35 hours, nothing crazy right? Though it is definitely more than I've played most of my games on Switch.

Here are the stats from the app itself:

wJkDXF1.jpg

And for fun, here is Pokémon Bank (I couldn't be bothered to transfer a screenshot):

znkQUJo.jpg

I wish we still had the Activity Log.

My organization could use some work, but I do have a system for keeping my collection manageable:
  • I keep Box 1 empty, because transferred Pokémon from Transporter and GO tend to go there.
  • Box 2 onward is a Living Dex.
  • After the Living Dex we have boxes devoted to personal Pokémon (old starters, old favorites, etc), then Pokémon from Orre (the GameCube games).
  • And the last 50-60 boxes are a mish-mash of Wonder Traded Pokémon.
  • The final box (200) is where I keep Pokémon distributed from Pokémon HOME itself, since the app has it's own OT ID.

So, any other Pokémon HOME users broken in the head like me? Do you have an ungodly playtime for a storage app? Do you have better organization methods (probably)?
Out of curiosity, how do you sort the living dex? Do you keep all alternate forms, and how do you organize them? I've been struggling with that myself.

Out of curiosity, how do you sort the living dex? Do you keep all alternate forms, and how do you organize them? I've been struggling with that myself.
I've only done a basic living dex using original forms. I do eventually want to expand out into other forms, but I haven't got around to that yet because it is even more of a nightmare.

I'm thinking I'd probably tack forms on at the end otherwise I'd need to completely shift most of the boxes around every new game release because of regionals.

I have to be near 40 hours!

I have a living Dex and all alternate forms up until Legends Arceus.

I’m currently working on Pokémon Go Regionals and then may go with gender variations. Now that it tracks per game Pokédex completion, I’m also tempted to go for that and have been moving go Pokémon in.

I have to be near 40 hours!

I have a living Dex and all alternate forms up until Legends Arceus.

I’m currently working on Pokémon Go Regionals and then may go with gender variations. Now that it tracks per game Pokédex completion, I’m also tempted to go for that and have been moving go Pokémon in.
What do you mean working on Go regionals? I know about regionals in Go just not sure how it relates to Home. Are you talking about completing the Go dex that Home tracks?

What do you mean working on Go regionals? I know about regionals in Go just not sure how it relates to Home. Are you talking about completing the Go dex that Home tracks?
I have a box where I put the regionals from Go in them. They don’t keep their location Tag, but it’s nice to have one of each, as they would have had to have been caught in that region originally.

(In fairness, I managed to Trade in go for the majority of them
Up until Gen 4 but now it’s next to impossible

I believe I’m at 15 hours in Home. I did my living dex the summer of 2016 in Bank (sadly I can’t remember the time for it, it was probably much higher than Home, nearing 30)

Gen 6 made it incredibly easy to do a living dex with XY and ORAS having all 721 Pokémon up to that point

I've only done a basic living dex using original forms. I do eventually want to expand out into other forms, but I haven't got around to that yet because it is even more of a nightmare.

I'm thinking I'd probably tack forms on at the end otherwise I'd need to completely shift most of the boxes around every new game release because of regionals.

Yeah, that's what makes me struggle, basically. Tacking them on at the end is a good idea, though 🤔

260+ hours.

Ah, the wonders of Wonder Trading. And having to sort through all the very many non-wonderful pokemon you get in return.

• At various points in time nearly the entire first cluster of 30 boxes was taken up by breeding rejects ready to be traded away or by rejects from other trainers which needed to be checked for interesting species, stats, abilities or Trainer IDs.
  • Second cluster is the Living Dex. The current number of Pokemon almost perfectly fills 30 boxes, and I'll be extremely sad when this stops being true with the coming generation and my HOME organization by cluster becomes a whole lot more messy.
  • Third cluster contains the Masuda Dex. Which is the Living Dex, except made up of foreign pokemon only.
  • Fourth cluster holds stuff that belongs in a complete collection but doesn't fit into the Living Dex, e.g. gender differences, Unown alphabet, alternate forms, regional variants, totems, g-max or promotional pokemon.
  • Fifth is dedicated to the Hall of Fame for playthrough and competitive teams, as well as shinies and extra legendaries that may one day enter the Hall of Fame themselves.
  • Sixth cluster is filled to the brim with my Lottery Dex, that is pokemon whose Trainer IDs cover the entire range from 000 to 999 in their three ending digits.
  • Seventh cluster finishes off the Lottery Dex and serves as dumping ground for boxes for which there was no place elswhere (mostly Ditto farm, Synchronizer army, and related breeding/catching helpers) plus unboxed pokemon who I don't know what to do with yet like otherwise uninteresting pokemon held in unique balls I don't wanna release.
Hopefully Scarlet & Violet add more boxes to each cluster. GF, please!

Last edited:
I have 125 hours on my Switch. Mostly because I've done a lot of breeding for Apricorn balls/Rareballs during the pandemic. I managed to finish obtaining every breedable Pokeball in every available rareball combination, and organizing that in HOME took a lot of work and time, not to mention constantly having to grab Pokemon from HOME to breed for trades to obtain new combinations

Back
Top Bottom