• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Plum's Nintendo Direct FamiBingo Bonanza | EVENT CLOSED UNTIL NINTENDO ANNOUNCES THE ACTUAL DIRECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Tingle
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED UNTIL NINTENDO ANNOUNCES THE DIRECT. IF THEY DON'T, AND THEY DO A MINI OR PARTNER DIRECT, THEN THE COMPETITION WILL BE CANCELLED.

bingobanner.png

Image Link

Come one, come all

For it's the Nintendo Direct season once again. And that means one thing...

BINGO

Yes, the time of year where everyone puts their predictions into an arbitrary 24-or-25 squares, and pretends that they're a modern Nostradamus if their predictions come true. Whilst this is a thread to generally share your bingos and all that, I thought to also add a little bit of... competition to this year's bingo cards. Two competitions, to be exact. One old... one new, but without further ado

8b9b0ea743052ed58d74cd2355840557.png

(Competition 1)

PLEASE NOTE: Any entrants from the previous thread will be included into this competition automatically; there is no need to enter again :)

In this competition your deduction and Nintendo knowledge skills will be put to the test. Your task is simple: unravel my cryptic bullshit and figure out what my own bingo card means. Each of the 25 squares has a hidden meaning, and you must figure that out if you want any chance of success. Are you tuff enough to win? Will you fight, or will you perish like a dog?

The Bingo Card:

nintendodirectjune2022.png

Image Link

Hints:

Already stuck, eh? Well, since I'm generous, here are 5 hints to help you on your way:
  1. A couple refer to the next entry in this legendary series
  2. Maybe it's best to take a closer look
  3. One starts with "3+", and the other "Game with."
  4. Sometimes things are different to what they seem to be
  5. Two relate to one another
Rules
  • You are allowed one entry. Once it is entered it will be considered your final answer.
  • Do not post your entry into this thread, as this will give undue help to future participants
  • Answers must be the actual predicton; guessing the game, but not the prediction of what I think will be shown for that game, will not count. (E.g “Xeno 3” instead of “Xeno 3 DLC”)
  • If there is a tie - with two people getting the same score, and with no 'grey-area' answers - then the person who submitted their answers first will win
  • If you manage to get all 25 I shall both be very, very impressed, and I will grant you the top prize early as that is an automatic win
Competition 1 End Time:

At 00:00 BST on the day of the rumoured upcoming Direct
At 00:00 BST on July 1st

Whichever comes first!

9d22bd360f15a8b6358dae728ba22786.png

(Competition Two)​
The objective is simple:

Make your own

Or, to be more precise, create a 5x5 grid, with each square representing a prediction of something you think will happen during the upcoming Direct. These can be anything (within reason, of course) from specific games, to the types of games shown, to what presenters say, to how the direct is formatted. However, if you wish to win, then they must be wise predictions, for only the most correct people will find success.

So I hope to see no "Mother 3" squares.

To make it, you can either use your own template, or the one I use to make my bingos:

Artistic ability is not being judged here, only your ability to foresee what might be...

How to Win

Winning in this game is slightly more complicated than simply getting the most guesses correct:

1 Prediction Correct = 1 Point
A Bingo (A 5-Strong Line Horizontally, Vertically or Diagonally) = 5 Points

Whoever has the most points at the end, wins!

Rules
  • Much like the above, you are allowed one official entry
  • You are allowed to post your entry into this thread, but it will not count as your official entry. Only entries done through the system explained below will count towards the prizes.
  • Predictions relating to upcoming games that have been shown by Nintendo since last year's E3 showing must add something new to be counted. So, simply saying "BotW2 will appear," will not be allowed. However, saying "BotW2 will release in [Month], 2023" will be allowed, as that is a specific prediction for the game in question. The list of games this relates to are:
    • Monster Hunter: Sunbreak
    • Live A Live
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3
    • Splatoon 3
    • Pokemon S&V
    • Bayonetta 3
    • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
    • BotW2
  • Similarly, predictions that are overly-simplistic and expected (e.g. "Mario will appear," or "A Zelda Game" or "The word "game" will be said,") will not be counted. Whilst this is definitely discretionary on my part, I promise not to be too harsh. As long as I can see that you're making an honest prediction - and not trying to 'game' the system - then I'll count it.
  • Each square must be easily-discerned, with text explaining what it is
  • There is NO free space in this; any 'Free Space'... spaces will not be counted. So, best make your middle square count :p
  • If there is a direct tie, then the first person to have entered will win
Regarding Leeks

Regarding Leaks

Unfortunately, Mario hasn't been doing his job and leaks are a plenty nowadays. So, the rules surrounding leaks are:

If a game leaked recently enough - and hard enough - that its appearance at the Direct is expected (e.g. Fire Emblem 18): The rules surrounding things that have been shown in the past year apply. So, you must add something new that we don't know about to the entry for it to be counted.

If a game leaks between the opening of this competition and the closing date: Any predictions made before the leak will be counted as correct, and any predictions made afterwards will be as incorrect

If a game has been rumoured for a long while, but with no concrete images or details: You are free to predict it's appearance in the way you want

If the entire Direct leaks: Fuck it. Competition over. Only bingos made up until that point will count.

Competition 2 End Date:

00:00 BST on the day of the rumoured upcoming Direct

34193c06781f6a30f744e6da9343a2c0.png

(How to Enter)​

For Both Competitions:

PM your answers and/or your bingo cards to me (@Plum) AND @WestEgg

I shall add your entry into my spreadsheet, and this will be your 'official' entry (or entries).

Please remember to do this, or else your entry will not be counted. I shall try to remind you if you don't, but it's up to you to PM both of us. Whilst this is slightly casual, I want to keep some accountability by including an Admin in the proceedings.

For Competition 1 Specifically:

Please use this form to enter:

1A:
1B:
1C:
1D:
1E:

2A:
2B:
2C:
2D:
2E:

3A:
3B:
3C:
3D:
3E:

4A:
4B:
4C:
4D:
4E:

5A:
5B:
5C:
5D:
5E:

Each square corresponds to a different letter and number. So the top-left is 1A, the bottom-right is 5E, the middle if 3C, and so on.

And, again, please do not post your answer in this thread. This will render it void if not edited out quickly. Thank you for understanding :D

d55b0975f0b37d5146d65e530c0ef7ea.png

(Prizes)​

There are two different prizes to be won:

Prize 1

The 'Bingo Brain' Badge

bingobadge2.png

Image Link

This badge will go to anyone who gets a single "BINGO!" in either of the two competitions. Guaranteed to improve your social standing and impress potential employers.

Prize 2

The 'Galabingo Brain' Badge

bingobadge.png

Image Link

AND $10/£10/€10 in eShop Gift Vouchers. Yes, that's right. Some actual dosh to go towards Splatoon 3, or Pokemon Violet, or - if you're actually cool - Sayonara Wild Hearts, 2019's official GOTY.
(Unfortunately, I personally can't give this prize in other currencies - if anything does happen I shall try and work something out, but I can't guarantee anything.)

These will be given to the final winners of each competition.

5c7676702f31b67e2c536544fcccce83.png

(The FamiBingo)​

As an added little bit of fun, I shall be collating all of the bingo cards entered into this thread into what I shall call "The FamiBingo." Shout out to @eli for the MegaBingo idea :)

This will be posted shortly before the Direct, and you can do with it as you please :D

So, with everything said:

e4478ed9e482b4bf4ca07003f69211c3.png

(Good Luck)

I'd like to give special thanks to the admins for OKing this, and to anyone who chooses to enter :D

Last edited:
I'd have to really think about making one of these now!
Great set-up :)

Great thread! I might enter challenge 2... Can't wait to see how wrong everyone is what everyone predicts!

Regarding the Xeno 3 Direct
So - even if it may still be happening - the chances of a General Direct have definitely lowered today. If nothing gets announced next week I’ll think about what I should do.

In the meanwhile, the 2 competitions are still 100% open :)

I'm not going to enter the competition but I will share my Bingo here for reference after the Direct, freshly baked!

hG9qBSa.png

A1: A new Wario World like game
A2: The New Fire Emblem which leaked
A3: New Pokemon will be shown, bonus: gimmick reveal
A4: A New Limited Edition Switch will be shown
A5: A new line of collectibles will be shown
B1: Sonic Frontiers on Switch will not look very easy on the eyes
B2: A new Rhythm Heaven game will be revealed
B3: The Single Player campaign of Splatoon 3 will be shown
B4: A new Donkey Kong will be revealed
B5: One Piece Odyssey will be coming to Switch
C1: A new mobile game will be revealed, a Nintendo all-star Gacha
C2: Kirby will have DLC
C3: Yes
C4: Metroid Prime 4 will have Gameplay shown
C5: Sparks of Hope will get a release Date
D1: 1-2-3 Switch will be saved by Nintendo: will now have Nintendo characters
D2: The Sequel for Mario Odyssey 2 will have a teaser
D3: Breath of the Wild 2 will have a new trailer shown: Aerial combat will be shown, a new dimension of puzzle solving and another villain
D4: The Mario Movie will be mentioned, not shown
D5: Sea of Thieves Cloud edition will be revealed
E1: Yooka Laylee 3 will be teased
E2: Oracle of Ages and Seasons will be released
E3: Monster Hunter Rise DLC (hey I need my bingo alright)
E4: The Gameboy App will be revealed
E5: Breath of the Wild will have 1 more DLC quest as a teaser for Breath of the Wild 2.

This is aweeeeesome @Plum, great great work! I can’t wait to play :)

FYI some of the images seem to not be loading for me, maybe due to size or my connection lol. If I cmd click them into a new tab they’re fine and load fast, but here I just see the file name in a box.

This is aweeeeesome @Plum, great great work! I can’t wait to play :)

FYI some of the images seem to not be loading for me, maybe due to size or my connection lol. If I cmd click them into a new tab they’re fine and load fast, but here I just see the file name in a box.
Thanks! And I can't wait to see your entry/s :p

Also thanks for letting me know about the images! I've edited the thread with links to all the important ones underneath them, and a pure text heading underneath each image heading. I can imagine ibb co might cause some issues, maybe, or people's image settings and such. Hopefully that sorts it :)

Thanks! And I can't wait to see your entry/s :p

Also thanks for letting me know about the images! I've edited the thread with links to all the important ones underneath them, and a pure text heading underneath each image heading. I can imagine ibb co might cause some issues, maybe, or people's image settings and such. Hopefully that sorts it :)
Bahaha I thought that was a “/s” for sarcasm at first rather than the plural entries

I’ll try to get them in soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom