• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

PlayStation PlayStation Showcase announced (May 24th, 1 PM PDT / 9 PM BST)

Another PS Showcase where Fumito Ueda won't reveal his years long project.

At least give me another Ratchet, Sony.

Playstation Showcases are basically the only video game presentations these days I find more hype than general Nintendo Directs.

This one has been a long time coming so hope it's got some good stuff.

Enjoyed my time with God of War: Ragnarok when I played it this year. Looking forward to their upcoming games, since I don't think we have solid release dates for quite a few of their previously announced titles.

That said, I might only check out the highlights. I'm very busy you see. For reasons.

had a feeling this was coming soon between the EU news and the Zelda sales. let's see what Sony can do to recover
Lol, What? Sony is in a pretty good position so not sure what they need to recover from. I guess if it is short term media narrative, then this will help keep them in the news. Already we’re going to dominate the summer for releases anyway with SF6 and FF16.

Heck yes, super hyped for this. Gimme all the games, Sony.

It feels like we haven’t had one of these in forever. When was the last one?

Expecting a Rise of the Ronin update, and it would definitely be appreciated. Wo Long was alright, but give me that game with Yasuda back in the director's chair, please.

Also, with Capcom nearing the bottom of their current slate (REmake 4 and MMBN Collection have been out for weeks, SF6 in a few weeks, Exoprimal...still at large?), I'm hoping they're ready to talk about at least one new thing.

More on Dragon's Dogma 2? A surprise Onimusha reboot? .........................Rockman Taisen? :LOL:

They should have a lot to show. I'm curious what unannounced stuff they'll have.

Either way I'm curious as to how they're going to make me feel like I'm missing out and should get a PS5 this holiday.

Heck yes, super hyped for this. Gimme all the games, Sony.

It feels like we haven’t had one of these in forever. When was the last one?
September 2021, so a year and a half ago. There's been State of Plays since then but nothing major; I think Sony just wasn't ready to announce or show off most of their stuff last year, and so focused on closer titles like Horizon and God of War.

Been waiting three years to see what ND multiplayer has been cooking up. Factions is a shoe-in to show up right?

Should be a great show, can't wait.

Cautiously excited for this. The 2021 one was just alright, soured in the years following as my favorite announcement (KOTR remake) crumbled and was clearly announced too early.

As great as Bayonetta 3 was (And it was superb and I love it), I want a new high-octane action game that takes advantage of a more powerful piece of hardware like the PS5. I really hope its out by the end of the year and wasn't delayed into 2024.

So here is where PS Studios stands at the moment (along with my commentary):

Naughty Dog- Full work is on Factions (TLOU stand alone MP) and a new game by Neil. I think we see Factions next week, the new game feels like 2025 at best.
Insomniac- Spider-Man is a given. They may show Wolverine, but that is at least a year out.
Santa Monica- Cory (GOW creator) has been working on a new IP since 2018 supposedly. SSM peeps have been chirping on twitter this week so we might get it announced. 2024 game at best.
Polyphony- Unless they have a Gran Turismo 7 update, we won't hear from them anytime soon.
Sucker Punch- Good chance we get Ghost of Tsushima 2 announced next week. It is a 2024 game at best though.
Guerilla- The rumored Horizon MP (monster hunter style) could be announced. I don't think the game is that close. Also, there is the rumored Horizon: Zero Dawn remaster, although that is a smaller announcement so it could be announced later on.
Bend- They started on a new IP in 2021, but right now feels way too early. I think it is a 2026 game so we won't get a peak for at least another year.
San Diego Studios- Unless they have another project besides their baseball stuff, we won't see them here.
Bluepoint- They are working on a game with "original content". Demon's Souls came out in 2020 so there is a chance we see their next project here.
Housemarque- They are working on a new game, but Returnal is barely two years old. I think we don't see them this time.
Haven- They have an MP game in the works. We could see it announced, but I think it is a little farther out.
Firewalk- They have an MP game in the works. This one might be closer, since it was rumored to be started before the pandemic.
Media Molecule- Support for Dreams is coming to an end. They are working on a new project, but that is probably a few years out.
London Studios- Another one of Sony's newer studios. They have a "AAA GAAS project" in the works, but the project is fairly new, so I don't think we will see it this time.
Firesprite- Not to be confused with Firewalk, they just released the VR Horizon game. They supposedly have several games in the pipeline so we might see another tease here.
Team Asobi- The remnants from Japan Studios, they have a 3D action game in the works. Might be a VR or hybrid game. We could see it shown next week.

Besides this, they have publishing deals with games like Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin. There is a lot cooking at PS Studios right now.

One more thing, RIP Pixel Opus :(

Last edited:
Sony about to remind everyone why they're king of the hill. My expectations are astronomical.

Naughty Dog- Full work is on Factions (TLOU stand alone MP) and a new game by Neil. I think we see Factions next week, the new game feels like 2025 at best.
Insomniac- Spider-Man is a given. They may show Wolverine, but that is at least a year out.
Santa Monica- Cory (GOW creator) has been working on a new IP since 2018 supposedly. SSM peeps have been chirping on twitter this week so we might get it announced. 2024 game at best.
Polyphony- Unless they have a Gran Turismo 7 update, we won't hear from them anytime soon.
Sucker Punch- Good chance we get Ghost of Tsushima 2 announced next week. It is a 2024 game at best though.
Guerilla- The rumored Horizon MP (monster hunter style) could be announced. I don't think the game is that close. Also, there is the rumored Horizon: Zero Dawn remaster, although that is a smaller announcement so it could be announced later on.
Bend- They started on a new IP in 2021, but right now feels way too early. I think it is a 2026 game so we won't get a peak for at least another year.
San Diego Studios- Unless they have another project besides their baseball stuff, we won't see them here.
Bluepoint- They are working on a game with "original content". Demon's Souls came out in 2020 so there is a chance we see their next project here.
Housemarque- They are working on a new game, but Returnal is barely two years old. I think we don't see them this time.
Haven- They have an MP game in the works. We could see it announced, but I think it is a little farther out.
Firewalk- They have an MP game in the works. This one might be closer, since it was rumored to be started before the pandemic.
Media Molecule- Support for Dreams is coming to an end. They are working on a new project, but that is probably a few years out.
London Studios- Another one of Sony's newer studios. They have a "AAA GAAS project" in the works, but the project is fairly new, so I don't think we will see it this time.
Firesprite- Not to be confused with Firewalk, they just released the VR Horizon game. They supposedly have several games in the pipeline so we might see another tease here.
Team Asobi- The remnants from Japan Studios, they have a 3D action game in the works. Might be a VR or hybrid game. We could see it shown next week.

Besides this, they have publishing deals with games like Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin. There is a lot cooking at PS Studios right now.

The Santa Monica info is new to me haha. That has me very intrigued. Impossible to not be interested if Cory is involved.

Factions probably is late 2024/sometime 2025. TLOU3 won't be before 2028 or so.

Bluepoint's game is also 2-3 years away from release at best.

doubt there will be much aside from Persona 3 remake
I'm still waiting for the reappearance of DQ3 HD and DQ12, which I know will most likely be at its own random event. Still, something new would be exciting and not a bunch of sequels to Sony's first party PS4 lineup that I was cold on.

Ghost of Tsushima 2 could be a huge game if they swallowed their pride and leaned more towards BotW and less towards Assassins Creed.

Don't really care much about Sony first party although I'm really curious if Persona 3 Remake will be announced here?

Looking forward to seeing some new stuff from Sony. Haven't really gelled with much out of their first party studios for a while (probably 2020 when we had TLOUII, Dreams and Astro's Playroom) so hoping for something to pull me in

Ghost of Tsushima 2 could be a huge game if they swallowed their pride and leaned more towards BotW and less towards Assassins Creed.
In terms of exploration or combat? Because the combat was the best part of ghost

I'm gonna go with no Persona 3 Remake reveal. I think Microsoft dropped a hefty bag for that series to now be associated with them.

Please do give me that big Spider-man 2 blowout please Sony. Been waiting ever so patiently for it.

Also, I'm very curious by what they have coming once Horizon, God of War and Spidey 2 are all out. A new Ghost of Tsushima would be splendid, that was a great game

Too early for FFVII Rebirth so I'm not really that hyped for this one

I'm still waiting for the reappearance of DQ3 HD and DQ12, which I know will most likely be at its own random event. Still, something new would be exciting and not a bunch of sequels to Sony's first party PS4 lineup that I was cold on.

This is about where I'm at - I'd like more of the 2020/2021 energy of the PS5 to come back, when we got stuff like Demon's Souls, Returnal, Astro, and Ratchet. More variety, more new stuff would be great.

For JRPGs, Dragon Quest or Persona (or the rumored SMT ports) could happen, but I'm leaning more with you that Microsoft has the marketing for that and we might see it at the Xbox show instead in a few weeks. Dragon Quest... who knows at this point. If there's a Nintendo Direct or Partner coming anytime soon DQ3 might show up there? I'm not sure.

I only want the release date for Granblue Fantasy: Relink. It is the only game that gives me Xenoblade 2 vibes.

Also Stellar Blade.

More next gen JRPGs, please.
You will have Granblue Fantasy: Relink, Blue Protocol and maybe Honor of Kings: World for this year.

Expecting a Rise of the Ronin update, and it would definitely be appreciated. Wo Long was alright, but give me that game with Yasuda back in the director's chair, please.

Also, with Capcom nearing the bottom of their current slate (REmake 4 and MMBN Collection have been out for weeks, SF6 in a few weeks, Exoprimal...still at large?), I'm hoping they're ready to talk about at least one new thing.

More on Dragon's Dogma 2? A surprise Onimusha reboot? .........................Rockman Taisen? :LOL:
FIFA license incoming for Mega Man Soccer reboot.

PS3 had Demon's Souls, PS4 had Bloodborne, and now PS5 will have...?

It's time to see the new From Software exclusive.
With Armored Core releasing in August and Elden Ring DLC still in the works, I feel like From is kind of busy at the moment. Don't think we'll see their next big game for a while yet.

Back
Top Bottom