• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pikmin 3 Deluxe is $29.99 at Amazon and Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great price for an excellent game. Can't recommend it enough.

Great game to discover the series. Pikmin is such a lovely IP, and this one is just like the best game for newcomers imo, with being easily accessible yet sometimes challenging, especially if you're interested in Challenge Modes. Can't recommand more: at 29,99$ it really is a good deal.

I would get it, but I've spent enough the last couple of weeks and Im getting Mario Party in a week.

Was that one thread on Era true where the overall difficulty of Deluxe had in fact been neutered compared to the Wii U version?
From my understanding, Pikmin 3 Deluxe defaults to a new normal mode, whereas the original difficulty is now hard and hard mode is now "spicy" or something to that effect.

Is this worth getting again if you already own it on Wii U?
If you liked the game, why not? I bought it again on Switch and I liked it even more than on Wii U: QoL and content additions were really welcomed. Game seems easier than the original but more dynamic and enjoyable, and there are many new things such as stand alone mini-campaigns focused on Olimar, a "achievment"-like in game system, 2 players story mode, and difficulty settings for example.
Was that one thread on Era true where the overall difficulty of Deluxe had in fact been neutered compared to the Wii U version?
Yes, as someone who play each of the 2 versions of the game, I can say that Deluxe is definitely easier than the original. But as I said this results in better play feels to me, and you can now play with different difficulty options. Normal mode is way easier than in the original, Hard was a bit less easy but still quite simple, but Ultra Spicy is the real deal if you like the game imo. Among the changes of this setting, days are shorter and you can only carry up to 60 Pikmin, which make the game to be play differently

Even at that price if you played the Wii U version it isnā€™t worth it. Unless you just ā€œNEEDā€ a Pikmin fix on switch.

Still 80$ here in Canada, I'd buy it at that price.

There's no oxygen limit in this game like in the first one, right? So theoretically, if I wanted to, I could spend a whole day planning a route for the next day and there wouldn't be a penalty to me?

There's no oxygen limit in this game like in the first one, right? So theoretically, if I wanted to, I could spend a whole day planning a route for the next day and there wouldn't be a penalty to me?
You can die of starvation, but it's really hard to lose since the game gives you a lot of fruit. You can also go back in time if you wish.

You could technically just pause and scan the map as much as you want, and most maps are honestly not so large as to be penalized by far exploration versus time constraint. There are very few instances deliberately placed that take a long time to reach in each level.

Is this worth getting again if you already own it on Wii U?
IMO, absolutely yes- non gamepad gameplay, two player co-op, encyclopedia function for every single creature, locked FPS, did I mention not having to use the bulky gamepad despite its ease to direct your captains? Also vastly more emulation friendly for future proofing.

Even at that price if you played the Wii U version it isnā€™t worth it. Unless you just ā€œNEEDā€ a Pikmin fix on switch.
What? Co-op alone was worth it for our house.

Good game, but I wish that it didn't end pretty much right after you get used to all the different mechanics :( A few more levels would have been great. Only the last two levels really require any strategizing imo.

From my understanding, Pikmin 3 Deluxe defaults to a new normal mode, whereas the original difficulty is now hard and hard mode is now "spicy" or something to that effect.
They did the same thing with Prime Trilogy, it's stupid.

Also with Pikmin 3 Deluxe all the side content defaults to the new easy mode, despite being balanced around Wii U normal mode. And there's no way to change it, so that's pretty ruinous.

If you haven't gotten Pikmin 3 yet, I'd say seize your chance now that it's on sale for a bit. I've only ever played it on Wii U but I can't imagine the remaster is all that different. It's a genuinely great time and one my favorite games from 2013

I've played it and liked it so much that I wanted to continue, but it surprisingly ended fast. I think I've completed it in like 8 hours maybe?

Ugh.

I've played it and liked it so much that I wanted to continue, but it surprisingly ended fast. I think I've completed it in like 8 hours maybe?

Ugh.
Yeah, itā€™s a short game. I feel itā€™s the perfect length though. It doesnā€™t outstay its welcome at all.

Great game and seems like a good price if you haven't played it yet! I remember being snowed in over a weekend and using this game to pass some of the time, I found it very relaxing.

You could technically just pause and scan the map as much as you want, and most maps are honestly not so large as to be penalized by far exploration versus time constraint. There are very few instances deliberately placed that take a long time to reach in each level.

IMO, absolutely yes- non gamepad gameplay, two player co-op, encyclopedia function for every single creature, locked FPS, did I mention not having to use the bulky gamepad despite its ease to direct your captains? Also vastly more emulation friendly for future proofing.

What? Co-op alone was worth it for our house.
To each their own. We just donā€™t agree.

The issue was the challenge modes didn't have the new difficulty options, locking them to the easier "normal" mode. The story can be played at the original difficulty.

Yes, as someone who play each of the 2 versions of the game, I can say that Deluxe is definitely easier than the original. But as I said this results in better play feels to me, and you can now play with different difficulty options. Normal mode is way easier than in the original, Hard was a bit less easy but still quite simple, but Ultra Spicy is the real deal if you like the game imo. Among the changes of this setting, days are shorter and you can only carry up to 60 Pikmin, which make the game to be play differently

They did the same thing with Prime Trilogy, it's stupid.

Also with Pikmin 3 Deluxe all the side content defaults to the new easy mode, despite being balanced around Wii U normal mode. And there's no way to change it, so that's pretty ruinous.

The issue was the challenge modes didn't have the new difficulty options, locking them to the easier "normal" mode. The story can be played at the original difficulty.
Shit, the challenge modes are locked to their easier forms with no way to make it harder? That would be the modes where you go through and complete timed missions, etc.? My friend and I had a lot of fun doing some of those on Wii U and that was our main draw to getting this. Damn. Like how much easier are we talking if we found some of those nice and challenging in the original?

Shit, the challenge modes are locked to their easier forms with no way to make it harder? That would be the modes where you go through and complete timed missions, etc.? My friend and I had a lot of fun doing some of those on Wii U and that was our main draw to getting this. Damn. Like how much easier are we talking if we found some of those nice and challenging in the original?
Yes, that's it.
The game is still the same but what make it easier is mainly that Pikmin are doing a lot more damage, especially when they are in bloom. However this is not the only reason: many QoL changes and tweaks of all kind make the game a lot smoother but also easier.
All these changes were welcomed in my experience. I only thought Pikmin were maybe doing TOO MUCH damage. It make the game feel highly dynamic and it's a blast imo, but if I could change one thing it would be that: making them a bit less strong, like, a balance between the original and the port.

Yes, that's it.
The game is still the same but what make it easier is mainly that Pikmin are doing a lot more damage, especially when they are in bloom. However this is not the only reason: many QoL changes and tweaks of all kind make the game a lot smoother but also easier.
All these changes were welcomed in my experience. I only thought Pikmin were maybe doing TOO MUCH damage. It make the game feel highly dynamic and it's a blast imo, but if I could change one thing it would be that: making them a bit less strong, like, a balance between the original and the port.
Thanks for the thorough rundown! So the challenge is still fun and isnā€™t so easy now that it would be a cakewalk?

Thanks for the thorough rundown! So the challenge is still fun and isnā€™t so easy now that it would be a cakewalk?
Challenge is still fun in my opinion but I can't really say about being not too easy for two players since I only did them solo; however from my experience, it has made some challenges far more doable in solo than in the original. Somes are even still quiet difficult if you're aiming platinum medals. It will be easier for sure but I'm confident the game will still be very fun.

Challenge is still fun in my opinion but I can't really say about being not too easy for two players since I only did them solo; however from my experience, it has made some challenges far more doable in solo than in the original. Somes are even still quiet difficult if you're aiming platinum medals. It will be easier for sure but I'm confident the game will still be very fun.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom