• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Persona 5 Royal coming to PS5/Xbox/PC on October 21; Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden coming soon digitally to PS4/Xbox/PC and Game Pass

This would be so freakishly baffling and wild -- so it's probably true, lmao
i mean these are ps2/psp games so the fact that they are taking until 2023 to release is already baffling and wild, even accounting pandemic and its effects. would have expected both p3 and p4 to come out before p5 and it wound up being the opposite.

This is such a monkey paw’s wish waiting to happen on the Switch. I’ve offered one of them already but wouldn’t surprise me if they brought over PQ1&2 instead for reasons.

so how many leakers are there that said persona on switch? i know theres nate and this lolilolailo person. are they all saying p3p and p4g locked and coming for the switch and p5 is unclear?

like i seriously doubt we're getting anything persona on switch at this point but the hesitance over p5 makes me think it might just be coming later. p4 and p3 could be coming earlier on switch then instead of 2023 like with the other platforms. which would be a Certified Atlus ™ Moment
3 and 4 are definitely coming later due to the new FIGS localization

Idk how insiders learn their stuff but maybe 5 was harder to figure out due to it being already out on PS4. Kinda how people were thinking that 3 and 4 would skip PS4 due to yesterday’s press release only mentioning “Steam and PS5” while referring to all games, that’s probably where the confusion comes from

been revisiting resetera user messages (lolilolailo) who first leaked persona titles coming to modern consoles. He leaked correctly P3P, P4G for all platforms except Switch. He also leaked before P4AU for Switch/PS4/Steam.

But he was never sure of Persona 5, even what version would be porting. He bet on it but wasn’t 100% sure.
Interesting... Personally I stopped believing they'll release on Switch at all, but with this and Nate claiming they are coming in whatever capacity, I guess we really need to wait until a Direct happens.

Lordy people talking about buying entirely new systems or a Steam Deck just to play a relatively good JRPG, when their current system has the most JRPGs of all the systems, many of which are of similar quality or better

After the announcement of the games coming to PS and Steam the only not pathetic announcement possible in the Direct is all 3 games coming alongside the other versions. Imagine how bad it would look to hype a release of just P3P and P4G.

Typical Atlus communication
"wait 6 months for maybe some information about the date when we'll eventually give you some hints"

Lordy people talking about buying entirely new systems or a Steam Deck just to play a relatively good JRPG, when their current system has the most JRPGs of all the systems, many of which are of similar quality or better
Yeah,but now the hopes of the persona fans on this board of ever playing a persona game have been completely crushed.😔

I guess the Xbox Series and Xbox One (and PS4) builds of P3P and P4G all will ultimately be the same, technically speaking, right? (I know that's simplifying it quite a bit, but I am somewhat confused that it lists the Series consoles for the older two games, but PS4 only on the PlayStation side of things -- which will obviously still do its job on PS5 via bc.)
So basically: they're only listing Series and One platforms separately due to marketing, that's what I'm assuming -- does that sound right?
All games now announced for Xbox One count also as Xbox Series games, same happened with Digimon Survive

what, you think i play games? absurd. i have no intent whatsoever to even buy any of the games if they actually come to switch. im just here to port beg.

Honestly the only of these games I think there's any reason to skip out is P5R and even that's only if they intend on physical releases so they don't have to pay for 32 gb cartridges.It isn't as if these wouldn't sell on the platform.
Nah I don't believe this is the case. The original ps3 version is within usual sizes, with the ps4 version adding higher quality assets. Not to mention duplication to account for the hdd. I don't think file size is really an issue here

Nah I don't believe this is the case. The original ps3 version is within usual sizes, with the ps4 version adding higher quality assets. Not to mention duplication to account for the hdd. I don't think file size is really an issue here
I highly doubt Atlus has any intention to rerelease any non royal version of P5 much like how I don't expect them to rerelease a non gold version of P4.
Or to use a non-atlus example for Square to rerelease a non final mix version of the ps2 KH games.

I highly doubt Atlus has any intention to rerelease any non royal version of P5 much like how I don't expect them to rerelease a non gold version of P4.
Or to use a non-atlus example for Square to rerelease a non final mix version of the ps2 KH games.
He means they could use P5 assets for the Switch port instead of the P5R ones for the Switch port, not releasing P5 instead of P5R.

After the announcement of the games coming to PS and Steam the only not pathetic announcement possible in the Direct is all 3 games coming alongside the other versions. Imagine how bad it would look to hype a release of just P3P and P4G.
Exactly, that's my thought. If you are saving this for a direct, you want to go big. Skipping 5R would be a very lackluster announcement. Otherwise they would just do a silent tweet.

And about the problem with royal and vanilla, royal added the better detailed models of the dancing game, which were also on PS Vita. That and better portraits. Switch won't have any problem in running royal, they would need to rid out the 4K and that's it.

There are games will filzesizes bigger than Persona 5 Royal that have been ported to Switch.

Final Fantasy XII went from 41GB to 12GB.

Even Persona 5 Strikers is 12GB on Switch vs 16GB on PS4.

Back
Top Bottom