• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal coming to Nintendo Switch (P5R out now, P3P and P4G available January 19, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be my fifth time playing it through! Cannot wait, and very excited to do it on my favorite console now :) handheldddddd
This will be my 3rd playthrough of P5, 2nd playthrough of Royal. Gonna finally play through Strikers afterward too. I stopped playing it because I knew I’d want to replay Royal afterward and I didn’t want to be glued to a TV for it.

Really glad I stopped my P5R playthrough on the PS4 a few months ago. While I finished vanilla P5, I never made it past the first dungeon in Royal, so this'll be a great opportunity to give the game another chance!
Now to decide on PC vs Switch...

My video game cash is looking like it’ll be low this winter, and so part of me is seriously considering just getting Persona 5 Royal and basically being set until the spring lol. I really enjoyed the original despite some issues, and I haven’t played it since it came out originally so it would be like half playing a new game. Seems like everyone prefers Royal!

I can’t preorder in Amazon Mexico. Less than a month and still cannot guarantee my physical copy 😡

How am I supposed to sleep tonight? 😡

Last edited:
The Switch icon is up now switchiconshowdown.com, does anyone know what the Xbox/PS5 icons look like? Someone mentioned them in the comments.
In case people want to see it:
8509.png

In case people want to see it:
8509.png
Man the hype is making me want to do yet another playthrough, but I really don't have time for this game once it comes out, too many other things I want to play!

Maybe I'll just lurk the ST thread and be available to help and chat and give advice and such.

Man the hype is making me want to do yet another playthrough, but I really don't have time for this game once it comes out, too many other things I want to play!

Maybe I'll just lurk the ST thread and be available to help and chat and give advice and such.
I’ve never played so you can relive vicariously though my posts. This game might take me 6 plus months to beat though with my work schedule and other commitments.

I’ve never played so you can relive vicariously though my posts. This game might take me 6 plus months to beat though with my work schedule and other commitments.
That's what I'm planning to do with everyone posting in there with first time experiences, it's really fun. I did the same thing in the 13 Sentinels thread and it was a great time. And with P5R spoilers will be much easier to mark properly and discuss than with that game!

As for Persona 5 Royal; we're less than a month away now people! ☺️

I don't care how P5R looks graphically, I just hope they didn't heavily compress the OST to cut that file size down. Persona music is so damn good, it would be terrible if it was compromised in any way....

Don’t know when I’ll get to 5 royal, but I’d Persona 5 Strikers worth grabbing at $24 if I do plan on getting royal at some point? I do love me a good musou
I think it's a must play for every Persona 5 fan. Contrary to popular belief, it's really not a Musou in the traditional sense. Imagine Persona 5, but the turn based battles are now action based. You still have your dungeons and you still walk around Japan. It's a worthy sequel that rarely feels like a spinoff.

Don’t know when I’ll get to 5 royal, but I’d Persona 5 Strikers worth grabbing at $24 if I do plan on getting royal at some point? I do love me a good musou
I would say go for it. While I didn't finish it (got lost in the shuffle of other games and i'll be restarting it once i beat royale) I really enjoyed what was there and it's a pretty smooth/logical follow up to P5.

I loved it. It's not a musou, it's an action rpg. It's like persona 5 but with real time battles and without the calendar and social links. If you just smash the attack button you will just get your ass kicked again and again. As in the main game, you need to use the proper persona and buff/de buff spells. And I have to say the story is great, basically a proper sequel in which you will spend several hours just reading, as in the main game. A great game, but definitely is not a musou. Think about something similar to NieR or Kingdom Hearts.

If you like Musous, then absolutely. It's well-done and has a lot of Persona charm to it. But definitely DO NOT play it if you haven't played at least base Persona 5 first, it spoils the crap out of it, even if it tries not to sometimes.

If you like Musous, then absolutely. It's well-done and has a lot of Persona charm to it. But definitely DO NOT play it if you haven't played at least base Persona 5 first, it spoils the crap out of it, even if it tries not to sometimes.
Yeah, I wanted to make sure it was solid since who knows when it’ll drop again.
I loved it. It's not a musou, it's an action rpg. It's like persona 5 but with real time battles and without the calendar and social links. If you just smash the attack button you will just get your ass kicked again and again. As in the main game, you need to use the proper persona and buff/de buff spells. And I have to say the story is great, basically a proper sequel in which you will spend several hours just reading, as in the main game. A great game, but definitely is not a musou. Think about something similar to NieR or Kingdom Hearts.
That’s true in musous too by the end game XD. But yeah I love a solid action rpg

Also yeah i haven’t played Persona 5 yet and I was at least waiting for a sale if not till after I play 3

Do NOT play Strikers before Royal

That aside, Strikers is very good but it’s not a musou, it’s an action RPG (an unexpectedly good one).
Atlus, I would like to have an option to replace the battle themes with the ones from Persona Q and Q2.

Please.
I thought DLC available does this already

Do NOT play Strikers before Royal

That aside, Strikers is very good but it’s not a musou, it’s an action RPG (an unexpectedly good one).

I thought DLC available does this already
Yeah I meant grabbing it now to play after P5R cause Atlus can be weird on sales of codeveloped stuff

is the take over trailer for this game fucked up on the eshop or something. i just want to see what it looks like on the swoled.
I got it to go all the way through once, but yeah, it’s kind of a buggy player. You can also scroll through the news app to find the initial announcement if you want to see it running

I got it to go all the way through once, but yeah, it’s kind of a buggy player. You can also scroll through the news app to find the initial announcement if you want to see it running
i dont know most of the eshop trailers seem to be working properly. atlus must have given them a messed up file.

Trailer seems to have worked fine for me on the first attempt?

Also, yeah, holy crap if it looks this pretty on the OLED as a trailer, it will pop when I am actually playing it

it plays perfectly up to when the title appears and then just stutters all the way to the end. maybe somethings wrong with my switch or my internet.
Okay no, it's not working for me anymore either, it just doesn't work anymore unless I skip past the title, I don't think it's you. The file seems to be badly encoded.

Well it is a PS3 game so I'd be surprised if it ran below 720p in handheld mode, unless the team behind it wasn't given enough time and resources
Hah, I guess it's also just a tad ironic that I think framerate will be fine, but resolution might be an issue. I definitely would expect them to rather drop the res a bit than to compromise on a stable performance, though. Here's hoping it'll be a solid showing all around anyway.

Hah, I guess it's also just a tad ironic that I think framerate will be fine, but resolution might be an issue. I definitely would expect them to rather drop the res a bit than to compromise on a stable performance, though. Here's hoping it'll be a solid showing all around anyway.
I guess that could happen if they're not given enough time to optimize it for Switch. I'd just be disappointed that they couldn't get a mid range PS3 game looking and running well. Fingers crossed they get it right

P5 is a PS3 game, and Royal is just that same game with more content and higher-res assets. It's not doing anything Switch shouldn't be able to handle. It's not some kind of graphical powerhouse. They probably just downrezzed the assets from 4K, so that it looks more in line with the way the original looked on PS3/PS4.

Remember, Switch handled P5S just fine, and that game seems a lot more demanding than P5R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom