• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Paper Mario coming to NSO Expansion Pak 12/10

I'm disappointed it seems like they're going to slowly roll out the N64 library one at a time, but it's Paper Mario so I can't complain too much.

Banjo next pls

It's the game I was most interested in because I haven't actually played the original, but I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that the next update is just one game.

I'm really excited for this one. For some reason I've never managed to complete the first game so I'll give it another shot

a little over a month for a new N64 game. Sooner then I thought. But I figured it would be 2 per cycle. I guess if you can get a game in faster fashion might not be so bad, but n64 isnā€™t the deepest library so probably that the reason why itā€™ll be slow

Just one? And it's not Banjo Kazooie. Ah well, I guess I'm still not subscribing. Zero interest in Paper Mario.

Very excited to play this, but... over a month since launch and only one new game? Are they really gonna go one at a time?

This game is great. I look forward to revisiting it soon. I have other thoughts, but Paper Mario doesn't deserve the negativity.

I really hope they have Genesis, SNES and NES games on tap as well because adding just Paper Mario is weak sauce.

Rated T for Teens!

Okay, likely just the service rating, but there could also be something in the game that didn't age well, like with what happened on Earthbound.

Really surprised and disappointed theyā€™re only adding one game this month, and no Genesis or NES/SNES titles.

I didnā€™t expect them to add all of the announced N64 games but this makes it look like theyā€™re going to drop those handful out over a year. I hope thatā€™s not the case, and that they can work out a number closer to the mined list.

But at least with an update weā€™ll see if they made any fixes on the emulator.

I'm disappointed it seems like they're going to slowly roll out the N64 library one at a time, but it's Paper Mario so I can't complain too much.

Banjo next pls
I mean if itā€™s monthly that would be fine

It's just Paper Mario. Nothing on NES, SNES or Genesis.
I would expect Nes and Snes to be its own video as this is explicitly for the expansion pack. For genesis who knows but theyā€™ve kept it separate from the other stuff on the NSO switch interfaxe

This makes the library leak seem a bit more credible. 1 game per update seems like it makes sense, but it really sucks.

I'll be sure to try this game out though.

Well, it is finally time to buy the expansion pak.

Only 1 game? Oof, they're really gonna go at a snails pace aren't they? I kinda get it but for the price I paid I wish updates would be more frequent and plentiful.

Only 1 game? Oof, they're really gonna go at a snails pace aren't they? I kinda get it but for the price I paid I wish updates would be more frequent and plentiful.
Yeah seems odd to me if they arenā€™t going monthly. Tho that date has me suspicious. But time will tell

They got a really good game here, but one game a month is just very sadā€¦

Only one game after nothing in November is a pretty big disappointment, even if it is a very good game. They've got 4 platforms now, and first party releases in the tank for all of them.

Hopefully this will at least include some emulation fixes.

Paper Mario is lovely but, yeah, we really need more added than just one title. Admittedly I signed up for the Expansion Pack 99% because of Star Fox 64 but there's still very little on the Sega Genesis NSO that's worth playing.

Last edited:
And still no new snes games were added? Did they lie about continuing to support the 20$ a year subscribers?

The only additional NES/SNES titles Iā€™d actually be interested in are Earthbound and Squenixā€™s RPGs. (And Top Gear.)

Hopefully this will at least include some emulation fixes.
That's my thought here as well. In theory, time spent fixing the various issues plaguing the current library could've taken away from tuning new titles.
And still no new snes games were added? Did they lie about continuing to support the 20$ a year subscribers?
They never gave a timeline, so no, they didn't lie as long as they get something out eventually.

On one hand, there's four announced titles I don't own and I was hoping to have at least one of them in this month's update.

On the other, Paper Mario is lovely and perhaps the coziest N64 game; reading new impressions of it should pair well with the general mood of the holidays.

As I predicted, without any Jaleco certified classics to put out, N64 NSO is going to be a hell of a dripfeed...

Lmao I told people they would really drag this out. They only have so much left and then theyā€™ll continue this on their next switch system. So they need to have as many games as possible to supply for the next 7-8 years or so.

Basically they showed us whatā€™s coming for the next year. I love Paper Mario and was one of the games I was waiting for.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom