• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Painting miniatures and playing wargames with miniatures

Pronouns
She/Her
I was wondering if anyone on this board is into miniature painting for role-playing games and wargaming. You don't necessarily have to use miniatures for role-playing games but I find it as a bit more pop to the board. I feel it adds to the spectacle if you have a painted miniature and the DM has painted miniatures of the monsters you're fighting.

There's also great War games like Kings of War, Ninth Age, Bolt Action, or Stargrave or Star Wars Legion. Then there's historical war games. Technically you don't have to paint the models to play these games either but some tournaments do require it and it's good to show off that you care about your army and the spectacle of the event.

I show off my models on my Instagram.

Here is a green power armored soldier from a game I forgot the name of made by some company from Nottingham I don't remember the name of either.

Here's some models from Reaper that I am using for my pathfinder game

Kings of war is a pretty cool war game that is miniatures agnostic and doesn't require that you use that company's miniatures. These are some leaders from the army of Basilean and holy warriors I am building

Here is the models that I made for Star grave a space sci-fi skirmish war game

I'm currently playing Journeys in Middle Earth and plan to paint the figurines but as I am a beginner i first bought some DnD miniatures to practice , my first one came out horrible but I'm getting the hang of it, I hope one day I can have a kick ass maquette to play Warhammer or recreate battles from Lord of the Rings

I just finished up a big minis project, TMNT shadows of the past the other week. Minis were wonky and I didn’t trust my hands on this big a project so went stylized over detailed and I think it turned out pretty well
Heroes
image0.jpg

image1.jpg

Villains
image2.jpg

image3.jpg

all the uniques
image4.jpg

and of course the full set(… except the Casey and Splinter expansions I never got and are impossible to find these days, shrug)
image0.jpg

This is more of a dungeon crawler tho

I got to actually play the actual game Kings of War today. I won as the Basileans vs the Undead. So the forces of Good prevail.

I'd love to play more tabletop games and paint my units (have Warhammer fantasy and 40k armies) but I'm just so, so bad at it.

I'd love to play more tabletop games and paint my units (have Warhammer fantasy and 40k armies) but I'm just so, so bad at it.
Style is always an option over detail. Like the gradient I did on tmnt, zethinal shading, or sun drop(colored zethinal), and many others. Need to figure out what I’m doing with my Star Wars imperial Assualt set myself

Back
Top Bottom