• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News One of TAITO’s ‘90s arcade treasures, LIQUID KIDS just released as Hamster’s Arcade Archive of the week!

Dash Kappei

ARCADE FIRE 🕹 🔥
R.6211325b410af701ea582605f4d8348f

This is one of the best TAITO games ever, I’ve been waiting almost two years since it was first announced. It sucks that it’s only the japanese rom and not the international one, but whatever it’s an arcade platformer.

This is basically the missing link between Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Island and New Zealand Story. And like most of Taito’s colorful platformers you’ll find plenty of secrets and hidden mechanics, great and addicting gameplay, joyful music and fantastic pixel art.

It was released in 1990 and it embodies all that the best arcade games from the ‘90s did, I’m super happy that it’s finally here and that as a cheap Arcade Archives release, people might actually give it a chance. I’d love to get a spiritual sequel one day…

Oh damn that's awesome! With this and Clockwork Aquario releasing it's a great week for arcade games on the Switch. Buying both for this weekend.

I got to play this back in college, remember it being a blast;(our Rec room had one of those 300 in 1 arcade machines)

Very nice. Worth noting that it's also being included in the upcoming EGRET II Mini arcade cabinet as well.

This is basically the missing link between Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Island and New Zealand Story.
Yes, this is fucking BOUGHT!

Edit: low key advertising the great C64 OST of the New Zealand Story. Good job getting this out of your head :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yes, this is fucking BOUGHT!

Edit: low key advertising the great C64 OST of the New Zealand Story. Good job getting this out of your head :ROFLMAO:

Dang the NZS port by Ocean and Rainbow Island by Firebird on c64 were incredible, such a surprise back then when 99% of arcade ports were terrible

I've never heard of this so I really appreciate you posting it. It looks right up my alley. Adding to wishlist! This and Clockwork Aquario are creating quite a nostalgic 90's kinda December!

This looks great. I've definitely been neglecting the Arcade Archives collection. Can anyone recommend some picks? Love anything colorful with beautiful sprites.

This looks great. I've definitely been neglecting the Arcade Archives collection. Can anyone recommend some picks? Love anything colorful with beautiful sprites.
Ive really been enjoying Circus Charlie lately.

Baseball Stars 2 is another terrific game. And I don't like baseball at all.

Some others I don't hear about much:
Buta-san
Penguin-kun Wars
The Ninja Warriors
Pooyan

Last edited:

Sure thing, here’s my favorite and most beautiful, colorful ACA and ACA NG which I think anyone could enjoy.

Btw, I dunno if you like shmups, so I won’t name lots of them (also won’t name 1vs1 fighting games) in my picks but if you do, oh boy I have tons to recommend.

Anyway, here’s a super short list of 10 great titles fitting your requisites, tryin’ to make it a bit diverse in genres.

Sunset Riders
Bells & Whistles
(aka Detana!! Twinbee)
Liquid Kids
Vendetta

Neo-Geo Puzzle Bobble 2 (aka Bust a Move 2)
Neo-Geo Shock Troopers (1st is better than 2nd)
Neo-Geo Big Tournament Golf (aka Neo Turf Masters)
Neo-Geo Metal Slug
Neo-Geo Baseball Stars 2
Neo-Geo NAM 1975

Oldies but goldies:
City Connection
Bomb Jack

And guys, if you want someone for the leaderboards/games, I play 100s Arcade Archives and always happy to add people to my friends list’ (my Fcode in on my profile here)

@Dash Kappei

I topped your high score, only marginally though. I'm sure you'll smash my pb :)

Good job and… It’s on! 🤟🏻
High Score mode or Original Mode?
Usually, for 99% of the ACAs I own, I barely play any mode other than High Score because in og mode you can up lives count/lower difficulty and the score will still count.

Btw this game looks incredible on my new OLED, god I love Taito’s ‘80s/‘90s color palette and pixel art

Good job and… It’s on! 🤟🏻
High Score mode or Original Mode?
Usually, for 99% of the ACAs I own, I barely play any mode other than High Score because in og mode you can up lives count/lower difficulty and the score will still count.

Btw this game looks incredible on my new OLED, god I love Taito’s ‘80s/‘90s color palette and pixel art
Ya I tend to stick to high score mode too.

Back
Top Bottom