• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Omori releases June 17 on Switch

R

Ray00101

Wonder why this wasn’t on the NA stream?

ra4kx0E.png

Quoted by: SiG
i think the release date was already known? i found it yesterday when i looked it up.
Really?

Huh, I had no idea. I’ll chalk it up to having a newborn and putting retaining anything else on the back burner.

Lock away if old then!

Really?

Huh, I had no idea. I’ll chalk it up to having a newborn and putting retaining anything else on the back burner.

Lock away if old then!
no, it should stay open. we didn't have a thread about it, i think.

It's still in my backlog. Battle system isn't my cup of tea, but everything else is brilliant.

Between this and OneShot we really need to get LISA on the Switch to round out the Mother-like offerings

This is that Earthbound style game that’s meant to be really good right?

I’ll likely pick it up on PS4 if the trophy list is nice.

Has anyone played it on Steam? Are the Steam achievements a pretty basic list that you’ll 100% on a thorough playthrough or is it one you need to play multiple times?

If it’s a dumb list I’ll go Switch instead!

This is that Earthbound style game that’s meant to be really good right?

I’ll likely pick it up on PS4 if the trophy list is nice.

Has anyone played it on Steam? Are the Steam achievements a pretty basic list that you’ll 100% on a thorough playthrough or is it one you need to play multiple times?

If it’s a dumb list I’ll go Switch instead!
Not sure about it being Earthbound style (haven't played Earthbound or Omori yet) but it has extremely good reviews on Steam.

Apparently this trailer shows off new content. I haven't played the original release so I can't verify. One more day!

Man I remember being so hyped for this back when it was first announced all those years ago, can’t wait to finally play it.

Fuck, I'm so annoyed with myself for getting spoiled on this. I don't remember absolutely everything but I know the mains story beats and I feel that I simply won't be able to get the intended experience :(

$30, blegh.

It's a big pet peeve of mine when games cost significantly more on one platform than another. This is $20 base price on Steam.

Game looks intriguing and will be picking it just on the good word of mouth.

Is this game appropriate for my 12 year old daughter? Seems to have an art-style she would really dig.

Is this game appropriate for my 12 year old daughter? Seems to have an art-style she would really dig.
NO. Absolutely not. This game is rated Mature for a good reason.

I read the spoilers and no way. It’s not even something I wanna tackle personally.

Want to try this but at $30 and a bunch of other really good games (Turtles and Neon White) I'll probably end up waiting for a sale.
Really want to give it a try though.

I see it on the Switch eShop but not on PSN.

This is Sony treating indies like shit again isn’t it? I recall Ender Lillies didn’t show up on PSN in my region for like 2 months because 🤷‍♂️

For some reason I can't find it on the Canadian Eshop. Tried searching it, tried the recent releases. Nowhere. Anyone else having this issue.

I played it for around 10 minutes, I think it could be a great game if I wanted to play that kind of game. It seems like an undertale-kinda game to me.

I played it for around 10 minutes, I think it could be a great game if I wanted to play that kind of game. It seems like an undertale-kinda game to me.
It's a lot like Undertale and Earthbound, yeah. If those were up your alley, this one would be too. If not, then I wouldn't personally recommend it

It's a lot like Undertale and Earthbound, yeah. If those were up your alley, this one would be too. If not, then I wouldn't personally recommend it
Earthbond was interesting, although I never best it. Undertale…. Well I bought it but only best it on my third restart many years later. I wasn’t amazed, but had to give it a fair shot when everyone said it rocks.

Earthbond was interesting, although I never best it. Undertale…. Well I bought it but only best it on my third restart many years later. I wasn’t amazed, but had to give it a fair shot when everyone said it rocks.
Honestly, I didn't bother beating Earthbound either. I found a lot of its mechanics too frustrating to deal with, tbh. Thankfully, that's mostly not an issue with Omori

Oh yeah, it's definitely not a game that'll wow for everyone. Personally, I think Omori is an easier game to get into as it more follows standard RPG conventions but it doesn't sound like something you need to get, especially when I'm sure there are plenty of other games you really want

I would also recommend Eastward if you like the above two games, but prefer something with a more action-adventure/action RPG vibe to it.

I thought this would be exactly my kind of game, but so far the dialogue and constant wrenching of control away from the player is getting on my nerves. the darker stuff at the edges is intriguing, but the companion characters are all super bland. I have a pretty high tolerance for twee shit, but so far this is too precious. I'll see where it goes, hope it gets better from here

I was interested in this game after all the praise it got, but I'm not that interested that I'm going to pay almost €10 more than on Steam. I'll wait for a discount.

Back
Top Bottom