• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Official Famiboards welcome thread

Hello peoples. I joined this forum because my best friend did semi recently and I decided to give it a try myself. I'm relatively unfamiliar with forums but I will do my best here.
Welcome as well!

Hello my definitively real flesh comrades, GamerTower (or Tower for short) here. I saw this forum once or twice before but after seeing the Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games thread i decided to finally join. I've recently been interested in forums as a whole (mostly because i joined the internet too late to enjoy them originally) and this one seemed like the most well put together and that still has activity so i thought why not? I hope i get to know how to use forums better from my experience here while i talk about stuff i like lol.

Last edited:
Hey hey! Nice to meet everyone! I first came to learn about the site due to the Nintendo Hardware speculation thread, but after lurking for a while I've decided I like the vibe enough to create an account. There really aren't a lot of places to have reasonable discussions about gaming these days!

I don't really have anything interesting about myself to share, but I do hope to get along with everyone. :)

Hi everyone! I have lurked here on and off for the past few months, but I figured with so many exciting games (and possibly Switch 2) on the horizon, now would be a good time to start posting! I grew up with mostly Nintendo games and consoles, but I have been trying to branch out as of late. Some of my favorite games are Breath of the Wild, Kirby Air Ride, Super Mario 64, and Sonic Adventure. The last game I completed was Pokemon Scarlet. Besides gaming, I study software engineering, work in food service, make art, and watch movies.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Greetings and salutations.

I discovered this forum relatively recently and I decided to jump in. I started gaming in the GBA/Gamecube generation and I have been pretty much a Nintendo-only gamer with the exception of the Wii generation, in which I also own an Xbox 360. The genres I enjoy the most are RPGs (mostly turn-based, although the Xenoblade series has slightly changed that) as well as action adventure games and investigation games similar to Layton or Phoenix Wright. I think it would also be helpful to know my video game tastes to list my personal top 4 titles (in order):
  1. Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
  2. Golden Sun.
  3. Pokémon HG/SS.
  4. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.

As for my other interests, I am an avid TV shows watcher (including anime) and, since my job allows me the ability to listen to podcasts (not all the time), I would say I dedicate a healthy 25-30 hours a week to that. Not much else to add on my end. English is not my primary language/mother tongue, so I apologize for any spelling errors/grammar mistakes I could have make.

It is a pleasure to be here.

Hi.

My name is Alexandre. I'm a 31 years old man from Brazil. I enjoy gaming since my childhood. I grew up playing SNES, NES and PS1. Today I have a PS2, and a 2DS, but what I really like is playing on PC.

I found out about this forum because of the Switch 2 thread, so after lurking for a bit, I decided to create an account to interact with other users.

I hope you guys can understand my broken english. See you around!

Hey all, some of you may remember me from ResetEra, but if you don't, that's okay! Decided to make a new account to chat about Nintendo stuff and I heard some cool people share some interesting industry insights here. My most anticipated game in 2024 is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake

Hey guys! You might know me from certain other websites, you might not. Either way, I can't promise I'll be that active on here (I created this account when I wanted to share some thoughts in the Future Nintendo Hardware thread), but we'll see how it goes!

Hey guys! You might know me from certain other websites, you might not. Either way, I can't promise I'll be that active on here (I created this account when I wanted to share some thoughts in the Future Nintendo Hardware thread), but we'll see how it goes!
Welcome aboard! Always nice to see another Splatoon fan!

Hey SuperPhil64 here, Acadian artist/nintendo fan from Atlantic Canada. Been looking to join back a gaming forum for a while since modern social media doesn't quite scratch the same itch as a forum. I play a bit of everything but these days when I'm not playing SF6 most of my gaming is on Switch.

Big fan of turn based RPG's and platformers, some of my fave games in nor particular order are Mother3, EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, DCK3 & Tropical Freeze, Wario Land 3, PaperMarioTTYD, Yoshi's Island, & Majora's Mask.

Not sure how active I will be but I hope to be popping in here once in a while after the holidays are over. :)

o/ ahoy! I'm Aurelia, please call me that as well. Late 20s ♀️ from Boston, gaming (mostly Nintendo) enthusiast for most of my life. I mostly play JRPGs, farming sims, and the occasional rhythm game (and FFXIV, if there's a thread/community for that). I am slowly working through my gaming library (don't like the term backlog) and I'm on Backloggery as well if folks are there. Hang out on ResetEra once in a while but I like the pace and tone here a lot more.

I mostly stick to talking about my interests but I get very excited about Nintendo Directs and enjoy sharing in the hype and hearing what people are into!

When not gaming I'm reading books, going to trampoline class or doing duties related to the performing arts volunteer board I'm on. 😊

oyv32j606kj51.jpg

Hey SuperPhil64 here, Acadian artist/nintendo fan from Atlantic Canada. Been looking to join back a gaming forum for a while since modern social media doesn't quite scratch the same itch as a forum. I play a bit of everything but these days when I'm not playing SF6 most of my gaming is on Switch.

Big fan of turn based RPG's and platformers, some of my fave games in nor particular order are Mother3, EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, DCK3 & Tropical Freeze, Wario Land 3, PaperMarioTTYD, Yoshi's Island, & Majora's Mask.

Not sure how active I will be but I hope to be popping in here once in a while after the holidays are over. :)
Yesssss, more Canadians and more Chrono Trigger fans!!!

This is a vibe, love it.

Welcome yall!!

Howdy, I’m Lucas and been a Nintendo fan since I was quite young. My favorite franchise being Pokémon and first game was Sun in 2016 (I chose Popplio)
Besides from Nintendo and Pokémon I also like d&d, Carmen Sandiego (2019), One Piece, Ruri Dragon, Wild Strawberries, My Hero, food and writing

Hello all, I’m StretchNStripes! I had been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account and join the fun! I love all kinds of games. My favorite Nintendo franchises are Pikmin, Chibi-Robo!, Mario, Wario Land/Ware, and Kirby.
Outside Nintendo, I like Ape Escape, Dragon Quest, NiGHTS, Klonoa, Deadly Premonition, and the When They Cry Series (Higurashi, Umineko, and Ciconia).
I also really love horror games! Anything really, but Silent Hill 1-4 and the Spirit Hunter Series are some of my notable favorites.
Otherwise, I make music from time to time, but I haven’t in a while because I’ve had writer’s(?) block.

Hope to meet some friends with mutual interests on here!

Hey folks, Abyss Master here. I am a lifelong Nintendo fan and enthusiastic about the Zelda series in particular, so much so that I pitch in as a moderator over at Zelda Universe's forums. I decided to join up here because I like discussing video games with people. Nothing gets me in the mood to jump back into a game I've already put hundreds of hours into than getting into the nitty-gritty details of the game's qualities.

Looking forward to getting to know people here.

Hey there,
I'm Bjoern Means Bear, formerly V-King on GAF and Bjoern on Resetera.
Made my way here because I'm primarily an enjoyer of Nintendo consoles and games.
Also nowadays I'm a part-time videogame composer and have, as of this writing, exactly one (1) game soundtrack under my belt, which I am very proud of!

I hope to have some nice discussions here.

Hi [again], this is more of a reintroduction as I joined last Feb then forgot about engaging in the HW thread after a trip in Sep.

There’s not a lot to say? Except for, well I’m 22 I’m a man yada yada, obviously I’ve been a nintendo fan –since 2006–, have been in STEM (emphasis on the T) since 2020 and I’m a father to 2 cats :p

Anyways I don’t bite. If you have any questions about nerdy stuff or international travel, just ask

And obviously thanks for reading all this :)

Hello, I'm Olly from the UK. I joined here a while back but never posted. I miss posting on forums and have started playing games a little more again so I thought I'd actually say hello, so... hello!

Hello, I'm Olly from the UK. I joined here a while back but never posted. I miss posting on forums and have started playing games a little more again so I thought I'd actually say hello, so... hello!
Danny Devito avatar

You’re gonna fit right in

Hello, everyone! I've been lurking here for a while and decided it was time for me to register and join the discussion. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but my favorite franchise is the Yakuza/ Like a Dragon Series. I'm currently playing Infinite Wealth, and I can already call it my game of the year. I'm a little shy, so I'm trying to break out of my shell and meet some cool people who share the same hobbies.

Hello, everyone! I've been lurking here for a while and decided it was time for me to register and join the discussion. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but my favorite franchise is the Yakuza/ Like a Dragon Series. I'm currently playing Infinite Wealth, and I can already call it my game of the year. I'm a little shy, so I'm trying to break out of my shell and meet some cool people who share the same hobbies.

We do have a dedicated Yakuza thread!

Hey everyone! I already introduced myself in the new hardware speculation thread but just in case, I've been lurking around here for a year now (I found out about Famiboards when the TOTK artbook leaked last year haha) and have been following since (especially the hardware thread), and I finally decided to join today!! I'm mainly a Nintendo fan but always interested in trying other games.
See you all around here :)

Hello. I used to be a member during the start of this forum (also on the two old sites) but eventually left for personal reasons. I'm not sure how long it has been but I miss this place and with all this Switch 2 hype I couldn't resist coming back.

Shoutout to all the #TeamJanuary faithful.

I realize I am a couple of days late to an introduction, better late than never I suppose:

Long time lurker, and a big fan of speculation. I am awfully excited to see what the next couple of months bring in terms of everything.

Hello, everyone!

I've had an account since the beginning but I never posted an intro. I had the same username on ResetEra but I'm no longer a member there.
I've always been a big fan of all things Nintendo. I also love reading manga/graphic novels and gardening.

Hi Everybody!

I am a long time lurker here, and thought that I would love to start posting. I have been a huge nintendo since I was little, though I do play a good amount of xbox as well. I also love reading manga, One Piece being my favorite, and I love Star Wars and Super Heroes.

Hi!

Im glad to see so many new people it makes me feel better about just joining lol. I have heard the name famiboards for a while but I never really checked it out. IV been looking for cool Nintendo forums to join but a couple sites I was looking at seem very barren and seemed last popular like during the wii era lol. But this place seems lively and everyone seems cool and nice so thats also cool to see!

Iv been playing Nintendo since the N64. Super Mario 64 was my first game ever and the rest is history lol. My favorite things to do are hang out with my best friend, Play with my cat and when I get home from work I like to Crack a beer and Play my switch or play on my retro system collection in my dedicated game room.

I am glad to be on this site. It seems very neat! Hopefully I get to talk with many of you! Also hit me up if you like to play Mario Kart 8 online or Fzero 99 I love to play those games alot.

Hello all! I'm Antonio, aka T-Hell, from Spain, 32. I discovered this forum after the announcement of Endless Ocean Luminous because I wanted to see threads talking about it, and since then I've been lurking. I like the atmosphere a lot, I've been reading a bunch of threads and you guys seem generally very friendly and mature, so I decided to finally join and participate in some threads.

Hope to be seeing you from now on. Cheers!

Hello all! I'm Antonio, aka T-Hell, from Spain, 32. I discovered this forum after the announcement of Endless Ocean Luminous because I wanted to see threads talking about it, and since then I've been lurking. I like the atmosphere a lot, I've been reading a bunch of threads and you guys seem generally very friendly and mature, so I decided to finally join and participate in some threads.

If Endless Ocean brought you here then know you will be among friends. Welcome!

Hello everyone! I'm so happy to be joining you all. I've been following the forum for a while now and I'm excited to finally become a member.

I loved endless oceans back on the wii! When it comes out on switch if you want to explore the games universe together I can give you my friend code. It would be fun to explore together.

Hello! I go by a lot of different names online and I've been a lurker of both GAF and Era.
I've been looking for a place to hang out that has the comfy feel of when I first began to use the internet.
I found this place by searching for active video game forums.

In my youth, I was a very big fan of Final Fantasy and adjacent games.
In case it wasn't obvious from my username, I'm a big Zelda fan as well.
I am trying to become more active on a message board where I feel comfortable.
I don't think that's possible on past boards so hopefully I will do more posting and less lurking here.

Some hobbies of mine are writing poetry / blogging, occasionally watching films, and listening to various music genres.
I used to really be into fashion and art but my interests are now moving towards things like old occult texts ( I just think they're neat ), and learning about plants
I hope I can make some new friends here. The internet seems like it's in a state of imploding thanks to what's happening on Twitter and elsewhere.

Heyo. Real name is Brenden but online I go by Bro3256 or simply Bro.
I've heard of Famiboards on and off over the past several months and felt like creating an account on here.
As you can tell from my profile picture I am a Family Computer enthusiast, so much so that I even founded a Famicom based wiki site which I hope becomes the biggest English documentation database about the Japanese video game console, although progress has been slow.
I still dabble in recent Nintendo releases, but I get more enjoyment learning about games and how they work and getting to play them is an extra perk of that. I'm just a nerd at the end of the day though, a nerd that was born in the 2000s that for some reason really likes old Nintendo games.

Hello. My name is Edie, but I go by a variety of names online and off. I used to post on the old Nsider boards and I've lurked GAF/Era mostly since their inception. I heard about this place through a friend and in my old-ish age wanted a new forum to lurk and post on for nostalgia's sake.

I grew up with mostly Nintendo consoles and didn't branch out until the X360 era, and I've been basically spending time playing catch-up on older consoles. I grew up with a lot of JRPGs and my favorite series is Etrian Odyssey. I play far less games than I used to but I still try to stay on-top of new releases and whatnot. Most games I play nowadays are mostly activities or grinding games (League of Legends, Diablo 4, FFXIV, occasional fighting games), but I've been trying to indulge old JRPGs on my Wii lately.

I write a lot. A lot of it is about video games both as a personal and social experience. I also try and write novels, but those are a wholly separate endeavor.

Cheers to some interesting times.

Hello. My name is Edie, but I go by a variety of names online and off. I used to post on the old Nsider boards and I've lurked GAF/Era mostly since their inception. I heard about this place through a friend and in my old-ish age wanted a new forum to lurk and post on for nostalgia's sake.

I grew up with mostly Nintendo consoles and didn't branch out until the X360 era, and I've been basically spending time playing catch-up on older consoles. I grew up with a lot of JRPGs and my favorite series is Etrian Odyssey. I play far less games than I used to but I still try to stay on-top of new releases and whatnot. Most games I play nowadays are mostly activities or grinding games (League of Legends, Diablo 4, FFXIV, occasional fighting games), but I've been trying to indulge old JRPGs on my Wii lately.

I write a lot. A lot of it is about video games both as a personal and social experience. I also try and write novels, but those are a wholly separate endeavor.

Cheers to some interesting times.
Pretty much the same boat I was in - growing up I was only allowed to own one console per gen and that was always Nintendo. 360 was my first ever console I got as an adult and my first non-Nintendo one. I'm also working on my JRPG backlog so I think we're in good company here.

Back
Top Bottom