• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Official Famiboards welcome thread

D

Deleted member 2

Hey friends, newcomers who just found out about our little nook and oldies who are returning from eras past.

Welcome!

This is a thread to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you before you jump in on the conversation.

What brought you to this website? What games do you like to play? What are your other interests?

I'll start.

My name is bellydrum, and I love gaming, making music, and programming. I joined the community when it was the Nintendo General Discussion thread on ResetEra, which is where I got to know a lot of people here.

Some dumb facts about me:

• I moved 14 times before I was 14 and went to 6 different middle schools from grades 6 - 8.
  • some of my best memories of my youth took place in Ethiopia and Pakistan
  • I've been writing and producing music since I was 16, and played in several bands
  • i'm a terrible student and dropped out of college twice
  • I made Famifeed using 100% Javascript
  • I do software development and cloud engineering for my career and have been doing it for 5 years now
  • I have 100% Xenoblade Chronicles 2

My birth name is ProteusRidley. I've had many a names on different forums and other established networks. I won't share it here as it doesn't really matter, but if you think you know who I am from GAF and era you're probably right.

I love me some music and gaming. Favourite band is The Devil Wears Prada.
Favourite game series are Metroid, Bioshock, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Battlefield and Zelda.
Regarding movies I adore horror, though I'm not really picky.

I'm here cause GAF and Era drove me out with their many known issues and moderation.

Message me or add me on PSN. If you want my discord or Switch ID give me a shout.

Last edited:
Hey, all, I'm Irene. Nice to meet everyone! I'm currently working in retail at a computer store, and on my free time, I make indie games. I'm a big Zelda fan, and BotW means the world to me. I've been on Famiboards since the inception, and find everyone here to be super friendly!

I'm a washed-up Twitch streamer and I've been a pre-school teacher. I'm also a metalhead, vegan, bipolar, a jeans jacket aficionado and I'm trans.

Hey folks, WestEgg here. If you knew me before Famiboards, it was most likely as either the person who posted the picture of Link Climbing in sales threads whenever Breath of the Wild did well, the OP of the Breath of the Wild speculation thread on the old site (which was brought over here later), or a common participant in the eternal Xenoblade 2 wars. I'm a project manager professionally and do a bit of that here for Famiboards as well. Huge fan of the Zelda series and Nintendo in general. I sometimes stream on Twitch, sometimes make irreverent shit posts, and love my Purdue Boilermakers. Glad to see how far the Famiboards community has come in such a short time and look forward to what's to come even more! Be on the lookout for some exciting stuff soon!

Hey all!

I am Pflaumenmus12 which literally translates to "plum mousse/plum jam/plum sauce(!?)". I am new around here but I am a long time lurker since NeoGaf. So as a lurker I experienced two transitions to a new forum already!

It is kinda weird knowing certain users since.... forever and now being a part of it all.

The kindness of not needing a paid e-mail made it finally possible to join all the discussions, hype, madness and more! Really enjoying my time around here :)

I found my way back to Nintendo in 2012 when my sister gave me her old Wii. Before then my last Nintendo console was the N64. 2012 was a pretty bad year for me personally so experiencing all the great games really helped to shape my opinion of Nintendos games and made me feel things in gaming I didn't feel in years.

My favorite game is Breath of the Wild. Needless to say... I am pretty hyped for 2023. But I am also an extreme Super Mario fan. I also have a PC and played a ton on the PS4 and XBox back in the day. All in all relatively varied gaming experiences I got to enjoy over the years.

Nowadays I am a Switch/PC only gamer tho.

But thats enough from me. Hopeful of hanging around here for a long time :)

Hey all,
I am Plonk. I am a long time sporadic lurker, beginning with the hilariously infamous Reset from 2018. I ever since found the forum to be a place of good vibes and positiveness.

I am a doctor professionally and a father of 4 the rest of the time. I like art/drawing, all sort of music, gaming, travel/biking... and have little time to do any of that of course.

My first gaming implement was a game boy then a SNES ( put like that I feel like an antiquity). After that I dabbed in PC gaming, but with my first kid and my first job at a universuty hospital long sessions in front of the screen became seldom and difficult to organise. I didn't found gaming to be satisfactory or pleasant any more.
It was the Switch which brought me back into it, really. I played >200 hours BoTW with my wife (normally not very gaming person), made countless couch session mario kart/Smash with the big ones, played hollow knight and Splatoon in the bedroom... in the end I rediscovered why I had so much fun back then.

And with it I found Nintendo fans at large to be quite the raucous, diverse, energetic, funny and wholesome bunch ( in forum or in the youtube community).

I hope the background story isn't too boring a read 😆.
I am looking forward to be able to exchange actively with you all and have a good time!

I'm pretty sure I posted in the other welcome thread, but I'll post again here.

Name's Stephen. Might have seen me on Era as KefkaFFVI. Pronouns he/they. Stumbled across this place after discovering it via twitter last October, and while I mostly lurk, I'm still here.

Gaming-wise, I've always been a handheld person. Direct line from Pokemon on the gameboy, to Final Fantasy on the GBA, to the whole wideworld of JRPGs on DS, PSP, and PS2 (I mostly played my PS2 in the PS3/Wii/360 era; long-story). Other things are there as well, like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Zelda, Mario--staples like that. Most of these days, I mostly just read manga--mostly Boys Love because me gay. Shonen works in there too though, because SJ+ cheap. Been on big One Piece brain recently. Anyway, I'll probably return to lurking, because that's just what I do.

Lord Azrael reporting in

I've been around since 2013 on NeoGAF but never too involved, mostly just posting one offs here and there. I find that with a smaller community like Famiboards it's easier to engage in actual discussion.

I'm a software developer by trade. Got the stereotypical tech nerd hobbies like playing video games and browsing the net (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be here lol), but I also like to draw/paint and eat/cook. My (stolen) motto is that I'll try any food at least twice

Since I enjoy both art and programming, I think it would be awesome to combine the two and one day make a video game. But for now, my more manageable goal is making a personal site for my Pokémon and One Piece related art/writing ideas, both of which are my favorite media franchises and I could talk about for days

I feel this thread should be stickied :)

Anyway, I'm 7threst, Dutch and have been around on Dutch gaming forums and GAF, then ERA and ended up here after ERA turned sour.

I love fountain pens, notebooks, inks and quality paper. I also love vinyl with a collection of more than 14.000 records. I should keep that in check lol. I'm a vegetarian and I hate racists, fascists, homophobes, sexists, transphobes and all kinds of other hate (not in any particular order, I just hate hate).

Last edited:
Hey all,

I'm Alex

I'm around since 2015 on NeoGAF, even though I never was really active until the Speculation Craziness on ERA started.

Currently I'm studying GameDesign and work partily as a web designer.
I really like gaming speculate about games, rock climbing, drawing, listening to music, to travel and most importantly I like trains (trains are awesome).

I wish I was good in Blender.

Hey all,

I'm Mr. No U. I've been hanging around gaming forums since the late 90s. I kinda started with Pokemon and Diablo fan site forums (weird combination, right?) From there I spent a few years at IGN (mostly the GameCube and Vestibule forums). Then around 2003 I started reading about this GAF place where some industry professionals and insiders supposedly posted, so I got curious and lurked there for a few months before becoming a member. Soon after the name got changed to NeoGAF, and since then it became my permanent home... until the schism in 2017. Then I moved over to Era and shitposted a lot until the whole deal with cvfxfreak went down and the SalesEra and NintendoEra communities jumped ship. Now Famiboards (and InstallBase) is where I spent most of my valuable shitposting time.

Favorite hobbies: shitposting, waiting for the next Direct, and reminding Elden Ring fans that the MC dropped to 96

HI there.

I’m Cucufate and, unsurprisingly, I love gaming. While I have/had consoles and handhelds from Microsoft and Sony, in the end I tend to gravitate towards Nintendo systems, thanks in no small part to the fact that Zelda, Mario and Fire Emblem are my favorite video game franchises.

A few years ago I used to be quite active in various gaming forums, but mainly because of a lack of free time, I eventually had to stop doing that. Nowadays I have much more freedom in that regard, but those forums in which I used to post are either gone or almost abandoned. While I was looking for a new "home" I found this place and, well… here I am!

English is not my first language, so if I ever write something particularly weird, let’s just agree to blame it on that, shall we?

What it d00 everyone?

I found out about this forum over on SmashBoards, and I think it'll be pretty good considering it seems big enough for discussion while not being so big to spread toxicity like GameFAQs, GAF, and ERA.

Missed this thread, so it is a late contribution on my part — but anyway:

Hi everyone, MissingNo. signing in. I have been around this community since I started lurking back on Era in late 2016, but I did not make an account until sometime in early 2018, iirc, and have never been a particularly active user over there.

Everything changed when the Famiboards attacked. You will likely find me
  • shitposting
  • complaining about the heat during summer time
  • complaining about having too many games to play
  • asking for a western release of DQ10 Offline
  • complaining about having too little time to play all the games I want to play
  • shitposting
  • asking for a new F-Zero
  • complaining about being too tired to play
  • complaining about falling back into the endless rabbit hole that is Diablo 3
  • asking for SNES Remix
  • or, if in doubt, shitposting
I love RPGs and Strategy Games, mostly but not exclusively turn-based ones. In terms of Nintendo franchises, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Fire Emblem are among my favourites. Other than that, I have a huge weak-spot for Souls games, especially Bloodborne. And I am a massive sucker for fantasy and sci-fi settings in media in general.

Welcome to all the new members!

I feel like I should be surprised about all the guys complaining about GAF and ERA, but I'm not. Those two and GameFAQS are internet Gehenna.

Then I moved over to Era and shitposted a lot until the whole deal with cvfxfreak went down and the SalesEra and NintendoEra communities jumped ship.

What happened that made the Nintendo portion of that site jump ship?

NVM, this thread tells all AFAIK.

I feel like I should be surprised about all the guys complaining about GAF and ERA, but I'm not. Those two and GameFAQS are internet Gehenna.

What happened that made the Nintendo portion of that site jump ship?

NVM, this thread tells all AFAIK.
Never seen that thread, but thank god for the two last posts of Donnie and Hologram. Inclusiveness and friendliness always prevail in the end and I imagine AND experienced Famiboards to be such a place after the other place turned sour 🙂

Hello all! Nice to meet you! ☺️

Long story short, moved on from the toxic shit show that was Resetera, and wanted to come to a forum where you don’t feel a ban hammer on your shoulder for not agreeing with the hive mind’s “flavor of the month”. As well as the constant trolls that bait you into arguments leading to those trigger ban-happy mods. Just a nightmare of a site.

Anyway, my contribution will be making a lot of cringe worthy dad jokes. So…hope you like those! 😁

Hello all! Nice to meet you! ☺️

Long story short, moved on from the toxic shit show that was Resetera, and wanted to come to a forum where you don’t feel a ban hammer on your shoulder for not agreeing with the hive mind’s “flavor of the month”. As well as the constant trolls that bait you into arguments leading to those trigger ban-happy mods. Just a nightmare of a site.

Anyway, my contribution will be making a lot of cringe worthy dad jokes. So…hope you like those! 😁
Kinda disappointing you din't crack a dad joke just now 😂

Hi, I'm Armoured Bear, was on neogaf and moved to resetera, neogaf's obnoxious owner and the right-wing politics made it a place I no longer wanted to be, I got banned from resetera for "racism" because I posted a reference to the spoof Yamauchi Nintendo/MS takeover quote from many years (in a thread on the subject of MS buying Nintendo). My appeal was rejected, despite me explaining the reference, that I am the opposite of a racist, I'm a multi-lingual European who has lived in several countries, loves to travel the world and meet new people and have "woke" politics so I left them to sniff their own farts in their obnoxious world of faux-superiority. So, yeah, I live in Switzerland now, game on all 3 platforms, mostly on PS5 recently, I'm holding off on Nintendo stuff till the next hardware comes but I'm a Nintendo fanboy at heart, ever since my NES all this years ago.

Hey all! Struggling Indie Dev here who spends way too much time thinking about highly specific aspects of the games industry, Nintendo included. Happy to be here and to meet you all!

Hi! Avid Nintendo fan always looking for more old-fashioned forums to discuss games on (prefer the pace of conversation). I learned about Famiboards because of people talking about the original FE Engage details, saw it was Nintendo-oriented, and thought I'd give posting (or lurking!) here a try. Nice to meet you all! I'm nearly exclusively a handheld + PC gamer, so Nintendo are responsible for a lot of my best video game memories.

Hi folks. I got really nostalgic about the old NSider forums last week as it was the anniversary of them closing and came across this board. Seems like a nice community so looking forward to hanging out. I was excited to see a similar ranking system and the name Famiboards was pretty clever.

A little about me: just a lifelong fan of Nintendo and games in general from Canada. Some of my favourite Nintendo franchises are the obvious ones like Zelda, Mario, and Metroid, but I’m also a huge fan of Animal Crossing, Splatoon, EarthBound etc. To be honest I enjoy most Nintendo IP. Other than games I’m a fan of anime, pro wrestling, Formula 1, and baseball.

See ya around the boards!

Hi folks. I got really nostalgic about the old NSider forums last week as it was the anniversary of them closing and came across this board. Seems like a nice community so looking forward to hanging out. I was excited to see a similar ranking system and the name Famiboards was pretty clever.

A little about me: just a lifelong fan of Nintendo and games in general from Canada. Some of my favourite Nintendo franchises are the obvious ones like Zelda, Mario, and Metroid, but I’m also a huge fan of Animal Crossing, Splatoon, EarthBound etc. To be honest I enjoy most Nintendo IP. Other than games I’m a fan of anime, pro wrestling, Formula 1, and baseball.

See ya around the boards!
Awesome, another F1 fan! Unless you’re not a Ferrari supporter, in that case boooo.

Being a Ferrari fan is nothing but pain

Jk of course lol. Welcome! Glad you found us!

Awesome, another F1 fan! Unless you’re not a Ferrari supporter, in that case boooo.

Being a Ferrari fan is nothing but pain

Jk of course lol. Welcome! Glad you found us!
Thanks for the welcome! I’m a pretty neutral fan when it comes to F1, just want to see good racing. I am a fan of Ferrari in the sense that this season has gone completely off the rails for them so I look forward to seeing the memes on twitter when they make another strategy blunder. 😂

Hiiiii!!! So excited to be here! I’m Ashley, a Midwest native and transplant to the Bay Area. Also friends of @bellydrum (thanks for sharing this with me!!) 🖤 I’ve been a lover of Nintendo since my Pokémon x original Game Boy days, and now continue to play through the Switch. Of course you can catch me (or catch ‘em lol) playing Pokémon, but I’m also very passionate about Splatoon. If you’re a fellow squid, add me and let’s splat: SW-2614-1798-6785. Other games I frequent or love include Overcooked, Undertale and Deltarune, Everhood, Doki Doki Literature Club, Mario Kart, Omori, and probably more that I can’t think of right now. Always down to play anything, anytime!

Outside of games, I also have a cute dog and fat cat. I work in tech and shoot band photography. And I love homemade pasta :) Say “hi!” and let’s play!

Also friends of @bellydrum
Awesome
I’ve been a lover of Nintendo since my Pokémon x original Game Boy days,
Awesome
I also have a cute dog and fat cat.
Awesome
I work in tech and shoot band photography.
Awesome
And I love homemade pasta
Awesome

Also, welcome!! 😁 Perfect timing, we're celebrating the anniversary of the site!!

Just created an account! Woohooo

Hey everyone! My name is LongLiveRoyal and I just got a new Switch OLED as an early birthday present from my girlfriend and loving it! Already went on a buying spree and I got BOTW, Splatoon 3, Fire Emblem Three Hopes and finally Metroid Dread (got the special edition together with Samus amiibo!).

I already had a switch in the past with zelda and fire emblem three houses, but had to sell due to financial reasons.

Anyway, I’m glued to Metroid and been playing some Splatoon 3 online but I’m pretty trash at it haha

Anyway, hello again to this wonderful community! See you around the boards!

Hi everybody! I'm risnuff and I'm happy to be here!

I've been playing games since I was 5, took a long-ish hiatus during college, and then jumped right back in again. I owned every Nintendo home console at some point except Wii U, and have been gaming more than ever recently. I'm fortunate enough to have scored all three systems of this gen (having just acquired a Series X a few weeks back) and always liked how this community seemed from the times I've lurked here and there, probably because of the rather prominent and consistent StarTropics reference I've seen. :LOL:

On the Nintendo specific side of things, I just started Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and have started using my conveniently lengthy lunch breaks at work to better utilize the portable aspects of the Switch. So I'll be here, waiting to hear more about Metroid, or maybe even Star Fox...OR MAYBE EVEN STARTROPICS!

Looking forward to our future discussions! :)

Hello, official welcome thread!

I’ve been an on and off lurker since the old old place. I always enjoyed the craziness of Nintendo direct threads, and was even around when some people were applying CSI techniques to reflections in purported NX controllers.

I probably read more about games than I play them, starting all the way back with my first Nintendo Power subscription. I also browsed IGN64 in the Peer and Matt days.

My earliest gaming memory is playing punch out on the NES in a friend’s basement. Later, I had my own SNES. I’ve never been a very proficient player, and the first SNES game I owned was super ghouls n ghosts! I spent many a jolly afternoon leaping through the first level in my boxer shorts…again and again…

I like rpgs and platformers. I’m left mostly indifferent by the more cinematic of todays AAA games. I’ll give anything a try though. Recently a lot of my favorites have come from the indie space.

My top ten new-to-me games of the past couple years:

Disco Elysium
Shin Megami Tensei V
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Elden Ring
Ace Attorney trilogy
Hypnospace Outlaw
Return of the Obra Dinn
Super mario 3D world/Bowser’s Fury
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Baba Is You (though I was too stupid for most of it)

It is my goal to one day have enough famicoins to join the proud legions of Wario, if only for a gilded month.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

Hi everyone! I’ve lurked off and on for a bit, and finally decided to jump in. I was looking for a forum experience that’s more consistent on the friendliness than usual. This seemed like the best place to find that.

Life is Strange and Street Fighter are probably my top favorite series (that aren’t kind of done like Metal Gear). For the longest time Before the Storm was my favorite game, but then True Colors happened. It works as a new LiS, and a direct sequel (and emotional/tonal sibling) to Before the Storm. As for Street Fighter, I think every game from SF2 on is great, but SF4 was something uniquely special. No fighting game has done more to grow the genre’s fandom aside from SF2. It feels like SF6 is about to do it too.

My favorite developer is probably Firaxis. Seriously, look up the consistency of their game scores, and how the only dips are when their mobile games were ported to PC. It’s unreal how good they are, and for how long. Civilization is great. XCOM is great. I’m looking forward to playing Midnight Suns soon.

My top 10 of all time until I change my mind:
  1. Life is Strange: True Colors
  2. Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  3. The Last of Us Part II
  4. Final Fantasy VII: Remake
  5. Ultra Street Fighter IV
  6. Life is Strange 2
  7. Super Mario Odyssey
  8. Super Mario World
  9. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  10. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Hello everybody, I'm glad I bumped into this site since I still love forums for gaming talk; looking forward to enjoy the community, read you around!
Welcome!! Heck of a time to join, we got some neat stuff coming up in January!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a bit, and I've finally decided to hop in. I'm glad this site exists! I used to love good old forum boards back in the day.

So, a little about me. I'm currently in the process of finishing my degree (I'm majoring in Language and Literature), and I'll hopefully have some extra time on my hands from now on :]. I'm a big fan of puzzle and mystery games (used to be a huge fan of Professor Layton until they did what they did to that franchise). I also enjoy a good JRPG from time to time. I'm currently making my way through my backlog, but Hollow Knight (I know it's about time) is giving me a tough time.

I'm also a lot into manga and Japanese culture in general (I'm also learning Japanese and will soon have my A2 exams). And btw, my favorite Pokémon is Herdier!

I've been working on updating my HLTB profile (don't really know if I can link it here...? same username though), so everything should be there if you're curious.

See everyone around! Nice to meet you all :)

Hi everyone!

I'm Wyatt and I'm a huge fan of video games (well, duh!)
I used to lurk on the Nintendo Direct discussion threads back in the day and figured it would be fun to join a small community and make some friends with like-minded people! I'm a huge Pokémon fan as well as just Nintendo in general, but I do play other games as well (a lot of CoD Zombies). My favorite games of all time are Pokémon HG/SS and Portal 2. I've gotten back into Mario Kart 8 and Animal Crossing New Horizons lately and those have been a blast!
I'm also a big fan of anime - mostly shonen. Naruto was my first and right now Boruto is definitely my favorite, but I do watch a good variety of stuff.
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

Edit: I just noticed the Miiverse "Yeah!" and now I already love this website haha

Hello I am Gengar and I am a obsessed Pokémon fan as well as a big Nintendo fan in general. My favorite console is the GameCube and I’m a millennial (31) so I have a fond memory of a lot of things Nintendo has done and I grew up with. Right now I’m playing Persona 3 Portable and Xenoblade 3 and will eventually get around to the new Fire Emblem Engage. Obviously my favorite Pokémon is Gengar (Duh he’s so spooky and ROUND I love him so much) When I’m not playing video games I’m a big fan of music from metal to emo and punk genres. My goal for 2023 is to try to be a little healthier, move more, and go to the gym three times a week, but to be honest I’m so addicted to video games and I sleep all the time like a snorelax it’s been a struggle. Let’s be friends.
I also REALLY LOVE ANIME. I love all genres mostly although I’m a fan of Spy x Family, K-ON!, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cardcaptor Sakura, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiyah, Full Metal Alchemist, Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, When they Cry and a bunch more.

Last edited:
Aww, I never saw this!
I'm Mega, but my name is Roxiel, or Rox for short. I never bothered with Resetera actually, I joined this site after Aurc left ResetEra cuz we've been pals for years. Actually was from a different Animal Crossing Forum we ended up leaving...
I find myself usually drawn to the more odd aspects of video games, from mimicking other forms of art in odd ways [Yume Nikki, and Ib for instance feel a lot like Art Galleries to me, LSD is a very surreal experience of a video game that i feel mimics dream like abstractness well, for more modern examples, I think Bloodwash/Stay out of the House/Nun Massacre are great games that capture a B slasher movie perfectly], to just using the medium in a completely one of a kind and unique sense that no other medium can match. [Omori comes to mind, but also pure adrenaline filled experiences like Burnout 3, DMC, Monster Hunter, or Tekken]
I also have a love of forgotten gems, and retro gaming specifically. There's so much that comes out, even more that slips through the cracks and I haven't even played everything on the SNES I wanna get wrapped up...Hence my obsession with my own backlog of games. Stretch that to the NES actually, I never did finish Little Samson...
My favorite activities outside of gaming involve cooking, fashion, cosplay, translations, drumming and music in general, TTRPGs, and confectionery/patisserie work.
Nice to meet y'all!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom