• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Nvidia Cyberattack leaks DLSS Nintendo Device

• Thread starter Deleted member 887
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 887

This thread has moved to here: https://famiboards.com/threads/swit...en-stolen-leaked-from-nvidia.2216/post-178550

This info is being discussed in the Future Hardware OT, and keeps cropping up and repeated in the main OT, I thought it might be useful to drop a "for anyone" list of the info here.

What Happened???
NVidia got hit with a cyber attack. The group responsible appears to be LAPSUS$, who have gone public with some details to ransom money out of NVidia.

Wild! How is this Nintendo related?
First off, let's make it clear that this is a Very Bad Thing. Employee private details are included in the leak. No linking to bad actors here, okay? We're just summing up public details for simplicity's sake

Okay, that's fair... but Nintendo?
A list of leaked files was published by TechPowerUp. That list includes:
  • An NVN2 folder
  • What appears to be an NVNDLSS Driver
Further, on Twitter @kopite7kimi claimed "There are some files about T239 in this leaking case."

Uhh, I still don't know what that means Explain Like I'm Five?
  • NVN is the API that Switch programs are written against. It is developed by NVidia for Nintendo
  • DLSS is a NVidia specific high resolution/AI Upscaling tech
  • DLSS requires hardware not in the Switch
  • A NVN2 folder, and a DLSS driver suggest a DLSS Nintendo device that is pretty far along in development
@kopite7kimi is a reputable Nvidia (not Nintendo) leaker who has been saying for some time that a new Switch is in dev with a chip, T239, codenamed Dane. Either @kopite7kimi knows what else is in the leak, or these already public records indicate Dane is involved - because of the file names listed above

Switch Pro confirmed?
No, not exactly. This just says that NVidia is working on a New Nintendo hardware, and it happens to use NVidia's recent-ish tech. That's unsurprising

But what about the Bloomberg report a while back? Or other rumors?
Yes, this leak is 100% consistent with all those rumors and leaks of a 4k Switch Pro. It just doesn't absolutely confirm it. To use George Carlin's phrase "it's suggestive as hell"

Can you link me to stuff?
Sure

The TechPower story about the leak:

Recent @kopite7kimi Tweet

I‘m not ready for people over the web being so dismissive again about a possible new Switch revision. This whole discourse will be really toxic at least outside of this forum.

Oh maybe we should merge the two threads about this? Thanks for the summary OP, agreed that this sort of leak should not be applauded.

Suddenly offline for a bit for a work thing. If someone wants to close one thread and merge the other, that's cool by me. We can move this summary into the other thread, or vice versa

Locking this one up since OP moved information over to the other thread, good effort though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom