• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO NSO Missions and Rewards

I just find it funny it's been 5 years and 4 Xenoblade releases with no icons anywhere.

Why is Nintendo being like this with non-EPD series?

As someone who's stash of points is now 0 thanks to this addition to NSO I'm ok with having a bit of a respite to restock.
You can get thousands of points by letting Fire Emblem Heroes autoplay itself, only interacting to start a new chapter or skip a cutscene.

It took me way too long to remember that is a kingdom in Mario Odyssey, but I guess it has been 4 years since I played the game.

So that explains why the Kirby repeats were on Wednesdays instead of Thursdays! We now have icon elements available for four different games right now, the most they’ve ever done at a time!

I hope they also give us icon elements for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition eventually, too…

I was really thinking that people were right about there being some rule about icons only belonging to EPD IPs and Kirby. Then this happens. FINALLY.

FML three games I want icons for and no stash of coins right now. I guess I’m installing FEH again.

Xenoblade icons after 5 years... bless. Still no FE sadly. Maybe Pepsi-chan will get one next year?

Damn didn't expect that. I'd really appreciate Dread and Three Houses icons, also Pokémon but I really don't see that one happening.

finally some xenoblade icons! shame tho that they skipped to 3 and we never got 1/2

edit: wow, 5 waves?

Nice. I have plenty of coins so downloaded ALL the Xenoblade icons. Finally!

(I'm using the nopon, mehmehmeh) ;)

Has anyone got all the icons so far?
I think I missed one but I’m not sure just wanted to check if someone could post the numbers of each set they have so I could compare

I think I missed one but I’m not sure just wanted to check if someone could post the numbers of each set they have so I could compare
i've gotten everything except one wave of mario odyssey when these started. this is what i've got:

mario odyssey - 122
animal crossing - 216
mario strikers - 76
botw - 80
mario kart - 105
kirby - 80
splatoon 2 - 80

I skipped the Strikers set and I’m gonna skip the Xenoblade ones but I’ve got all the other ones.

i've gotten everything except one wave of mario odyssey when these started. this is what i've got:

mario odyssey - 122
animal crossing - 216
mario strikers - 76
botw - 80
mario kart - 105
kirby - 80
splatoon 2 - 80
Thanks!
Looks like I missed some BOTW icons since I only have 73

mario odyssey - 122
animal crossing - 216
mario strikers - 76
botw - 80
mario kart - 105
kirby - 80
splatoon 2 - 80

This was help for my peace of mind to know I didnt miss any for those other sets. We’re in the same boat with the SMO icons. I am at 114, anybody know the total set count?

Today marks the first time I've changed my profile icon since I got my Switch in 2017.

Thanks for gracing my profile, Mio. You're no Nia, but you'll do good.

I have been fortunate that bullet bill has featured prominently in icons for the Mario series. I've got several options, living the highlife.

I'm now rocking a Noah with a starry night background. Definitely looking forward to the chibi ones in a few weeks.

Oh, doesn't seem it was posted here, but last week in Japan it was confirmed that this month's main icon set will be Mario Kart again, with icons for the first two DLC waves. Look forward to them in an hour!

52821_34.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have everything so if you need numbers:

ACNH: 264
MK8DX: 123
Xenoblade 3: 19
Mario Odyssey: 146
Mario Strikers: 76
BOTW/Kirby/Splatoon 2: 80

I'm pretty sure I have everything so if you need numbers:

ACNH: 264
MK8DX: 123
Xenoblade 3: 19
Mario Odyssey: 146
Mario Strikers: 76
BOTW/Kirby/Splatoon 2: 80
Yes, those are the totals right now. Obviously Mario Kart and Xenoblade will be growing a lot over the rest of the month though.

Good that they did a Kirby re-run. I was missing one very greyish background that looked like it‘s was already bought.

How am i supposed to choose between so many good X3 icons..? Can we pls get a randomized icon function..? 🥰

Good that they did a Kirby re-run. I was missing one very greyish background that looked like it‘s was already bought.

How am i supposed to choose between so many good X3 icons..? Can we pls get a randomized icon function..? 🥰
i think there's already a ransomizer option? i don't have my switch rn so i can't check

I think it’s funny this month one of the missions is playing Mario Picross. If you haven’t played a Picross game before and you can’t read Japanese it’s not exactly a smooth experience (especially as it lacks the QOL stuff of modern Picross games). Just seems uncharacteristic of Nintendo to throw people into that situation. I approve though lol.

I think it’s funny this month one of the missions is playing Mario Picross. If you haven’t played a Picross game before and you can’t read Japanese it’s not exactly a smooth experience (especially as it lacks the QOL stuff of modern Picross games). Just seems uncharacteristic of Nintendo to throw people into that situation. I approve though lol.
yeah, i think it might be a bit tough to get into it without an english localization if you're completely new to picross. tho if you just spend a bit of time with it you'll figure it out. i did kind of a mini-guide for it back on era, if anyone can't can't find their around in the japanese menus.

Probably been asked before, but what do you guys think are the chances Nintendo will some day allow us to mix and match icon elements from different franchises?

Probably been asked before, but what do you guys think are the chances Nintendo will some day allow us to mix and match icon elements from different franchises?
Never. Like @Lucyfer said, there are gonna be IP holders who do not want cross-pollination. Not all of them, but even one would mean it’s safer to just keep them all separated than to let them intermingle.

I do think this will result in a bigger variety of icon sources, though. I don’t think it’s gonna be too long before we start seeing third party icons in there.

I don’t think it’s gonna be too long before we start seeing third party icons in there.
I hope so, I would love to have icons for Team Asano games, Shin Megami Tensei V, No More Heroes, and Bayonetta.

Back
Top Bottom