• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO NSO Missions and Rewards

Are they already done with frames for Mario Kart? No new ones already this wave.

Quoted by: Tye
Oh hey, all my missions completed without issue this week, that’s good!

Are they already done with frames for Mario Kart? No new ones already this wave.
I noticed they had a further out expiration time than the other icon elements, so I figured that’d be the case. Weird, though! But hey, it saves me some Platinum Points, so I don’t mind! lol

new mario kart avatars are now available

edit: turned this thread into an ST. i'll try to keep the title updated with the available rewards.

Last edited:
ARMS is the only big character-focused, fully Nintendo-owned launch year Switch game that isn’t already confirmed to be getting icon elements, so it would be great if we got some ARMS icon elements as well. It’d be a shame if they were just completely passed up…

I sometimes wonder if maybe they will do Smash Ultimate Icons and Elements - just imagine the chaos of nearly 100 characters from that alone! Granted, maybe there is licensing stuff that goes into using that and Nintendo may not want to bother.

In the meantime I will cross my fingers for Mythra as an eventual icon. (Maybe it will happen considering the launch of 3?)

I sometimes wonder if maybe they will do Smash Ultimate Icons and Elements - just imagine the chaos of nearly 100 characters from that alone! Granted, maybe there is licensing stuff that goes into using that and Nintendo may not want to bother.

In the meantime I will cross my fingers for Mythra as an eventual icon. (Maybe it will happen considering the launch of 3?)
I think licensing on the third party characters would be an issue, even some of the "not quite first party' first party characters like Ness and Marth would probably be a legal chore.

Also, unfortunately I think they'd rather not have any T-rated games like Xenoblade represented

I’m hoping this will happen eventually, complete with all the third-party characters. I wonder if the fact that these are just limited-availability icons that aren’t even purchased with real money makes the possibility of third-party stuff more likely? Besides, there are, like, limited-time themes and avatars for third-party games on PlayStation, right? (I only own Nintendo systems so I may be wrong here, but that was my understanding at least.) ‘Cause if that’s the case, what’s stopping Nintendo from doing the same with third-party games for these icon elements?

Of course, even if we get icons for all the fighters in Smash, I’m still not gonna use any of them over my Mii, personally. =P

Honestly, the only character that I can see myself potentially using over my Mii would be…Ara-o from Sushi Striker, which is incredibly unlikely to ever happen, unfortunately. =/

Oh hey, they acknoledged this. Free points to make up for it too.

IMG_9426.jpg

What are we thinking, Fire Emblem Three Houses icons next month to celebrate the Warriors release?
I would love this, but at most it would be the Lords and the new Warriors characters, right? Let me have some of the other units as my icon. Let me have Gatekeeper.

Quoted by: Tye
I would love this, but at most it would be the Lords and the new Warriors characters, right? Let me have some of the other units as my icon. Let me have Gatekeeper.
Nah, they’d probably go all out with Three Houses icon elements if we got them (and only give us icons from the original game, not Three Hopes, I’d assume). I mean, we’re getting every Animal Crossing: New Horizons resident, after all. Wouldn’t be so wild for us to get all or most Three Houses characters, too (excluding spoilers, I guess). I mean, we got a fucking Kirby burger icon, lol.

Nah, they’d probably go all out with Three Houses icon elements if we got them (and only give us icons from the original game, not Three Hopes, I’d assume). I mean, we’re getting every Animal Crossing: New Horizons resident, after all. Wouldn’t be so wild for us to get all or most Three Houses characters, too (excluding spoilers, I guess). I mean, we got a fucking Kirby burger icon, lol.
Oh that gives me (more than three) hopes, then! I haven't paid much attention to the icons and figured Animal Crossing was just a special case since they have a packed calendar of birthdays. If I can get a Sylvain or Ignatz icon, great! It would be great if they stretched to other characters, I would probably use a Monica icon just for the hell of it.

Huh, kinda surprised they went with the Egg Cup for the last wave; I was expecting either Shell Cup or Lightning Cup.

I hope we get Strikers, Three Hopes and Xeno 3 icons.
expecting fire emblem next, and then (hopefully) a whole 5 weeks of xenoblade
Mario Strikers icon elements are already confirmed for June (starting on the 10th when the game launches, and will likely update on Thursdays like the Kirby ones), and it’s very likely that our usual Monday update icon elements for June will be for Breath of the Wild, since it’s the last game that we’ve seen confirmed icon elements for that haven’t been released yet.

Mario Strikers icon elements are already confirmed for June (starting on the 10th when the game launches, and will likely update on Thursdays like the Kirby ones), and it’s very likely that our usual Monday update icon elements for June will be for Breath of the Wild, since it’s the last game that we’ve seen confirmed icon elements for that haven’t been released yet.
😔 one day it'll be xenoblade's turn...

Where do I find my Platinum points for FE Heroes? I've been playing this for years, but don't remember where I saw it.

For those who scrounge for every silver penny...

You can earn 100 My Nintendo Platinum Coins for checking out every sport on the Switch Sports website: https://nintendoswitchsports.nintendo.com/en/sports/

Scroll to the bottom on each of the six individual sections to track your progress.

Edit: Only available to US members, it seems like.
Thanks Nintendo.
I'm from Europe btw.

I have enough plat points for another free My Nintendo Store prize, but shipping is so much that I'm going to buy something else to take advantage of it again.

This is how I will end up with the full set of Mario mugs, I guess. Well, and a couple of backup kickstands for the Switch.

The problem with sleepy Kirby is that it’s too good.

These BotW ones can join the Mario Kart and Animal Crossing ones in being lame in comparison.

The raw meat is a must. The most important character so far.

But is there a way to extract the icon for use elsewhere? I can't use the screen grab button it seems.

Back
Top Bottom