• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack |ST| New 2024 Poll Up

How will Nintendo handle the NSO with the launch of the Switch 2

• Everything on the service becomes playable on launch day of the new system.

Votes: 140 76.5%
  • A slow roll out with a promise to move everything over within 12 months from launch day

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • LOL Nintendo is going to start all over with just NES games in late 2025

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Nothing will transfer over because the Switch 2 won't be backwards compatible with the Switch 1

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Pretty sure the AC expansion is there to sweeten the deal. I don't think they will sell just the plan without the AC expansion for a cheaper price.

Is the Online expansion available now or till November with the AC stuff?

Edit: should have refreshed the page

N64 and Genesis controllers up for sale.
The new controllers are up!

You have to own another game to get the full value from the online service? This isn’t it, chief. I don’t care about ACNH so I’m paying extra for “perks” that mean nothing, lol.

Wonder if previous DLC will be available too (Zelda, Pokémon SwSh, Smash, etc)

Would be smart for them to release DLC for old games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Party, and add them to this expansion.

The new controllers are up!

I want one... but $100 for switch online with the controller and membership is OOF

I would pay 60-70usd for N64, GB/GBC, GBA, GC games.

50$ for just n64 and some sega stuff? Sorry, but no. Would tempt me better if instead of sega it was GB/GBC or GBA.

Weird, what happens if you don't have Animal Crossing? Do you just pay all that extra money for nothing? I think there is some context missing or some pricing tiers.

I’m definitely not paying the money for this yet. I would at least need GCN, GB/C, and GBA with fairly complete libraries.

I was predicting an Animal Crossing season pass as a Game Awards announcement in the Direct Speculation last year. The prevailing reply was that the game was selling like hotcakes, so updates would remain free. In a way, I guess it came to pass after all…

That price hike is insane, and I don't particularly care about the included Animal Crossing bonus. I wouldn't mind paying these kind of prices if they actually released games at a good pace, but shit was dry this last year (last 2 years, really).
Add GameCube and Dreamcast games and then we'll talk.
For real

Now that I think about it more, there’s no way they’ll make you pay 50 bucks if you don’t have Animal Crossing. There must be other perks, or lower tiers. I hope Ninty can clear this up before I resub.

What the absolute fuck

I hope Dark Cloud is right and there's a bunch of extra perks Nintendo has yet to mention, because god damn.
Well they just dropped the official launch trailer and didn’t announce more lmao. Wth this is way too much extra money. Not everyone cares about AC.

£34.99 individual, £59.99 family for UK folks.

I'm not jazzed about it but I'll still consider it. I would also like persistent access to the ACNH DLC in case I end my subscription (it sounds like it requires an 'active' subscription to maintain access but I'm not sure), and I don't like feeling like I'd be sort of 'double dipping' on it.

This feels like an unforced error. Trying to shoot high using Animal Crossing as the hook when the service offered isn't all that great. I think the ONLY way it's worth it is if you have 7-8 friends, all of whom want the Animal Crossing DLC and don't wanna pay a full 25 bucks, and you split the cost with them for a year or so. A solo sub price is fucking WILD, even if you're a diehard N64 person.

Maybe if they offered this in two tiers, like one for N64 and Genesis and another for those plus DLC access for all sorts of games, we'd be talking, but I feel like this is gonna be a nonstarter for a lot of people who were otherwise interested.

Tbh, I pay 40€ a year for N64 games alone, but I also expected it to cost 30€.

Also, the thread title is a bit misleading. The expansion pack isn't costing 50$/40€. The whole plan is.

Is the ac dlc forever to keep? Should be imo atleast if you get the year plan. Atleast the euro conversion is 40 if it was 50 euros i wouldve gotten a heart attack. But yh still 50 dollars is crazy even 40 euros is much imho but yh.

If Nintendo HAS more dlc for like Mario Kart or some other big games I feel like they should announce those too prior to the expansion pass release. It would help if knowing other games getting dlc would be added to this because this is approaching MS/Sony territory pricing.

I've never subscribed to NSO and will continue not to. This price is way too much for what they're offering.

If Nintendo HAS more dlc for like Mario Kart or some other big games I feel like they should announce those too prior to the expansion pass release. It would help if knowing other games getting dlc would be added to this because this is approaching MS/Sony territory pricing.
Oh if it included DLC for Mario Kart I would be paying for this in a heartbeat.
The question is: only AC expansions, or future games expansions?
It honestly better be future game expansions as well, because if AC is kept as the static bonus for this tier that's incredibly weak.

So what else in terms of DLC could they add? Smash FP1+2 to NSO for those who haven't bought it yet? Pokemon SwSh expansion for those who haven't bought it yet? Would it piss off a great deal more of the owners of said DLC?

Wait, can you not pay for this shit monthly? It wasn't in the video. My interest just dropped to record low levels.

If future (and old) DLC for other games come to the NSO expansion too, it's a good value.

If this AC one is a single time thing to "promote" the expansion, then it's no good value.

Um, was expecting an extra 10 to 20 bucks. What the hell. I hope they do an expansion direct to show more things. Me, my wife and my daughter all have Animal Crossing and would use the expansion pack, which would come to 75 dollars. But I would rather buy the expansions for us and pay for the NSO expansion at a lower price.

Far too expensive, would rather just buy the DLC so I'm glad that's an option.

Does anyone know how upgrading from regular NSO to the Expansion Pack will work? My membership still lasts until January 2022.

Price is a joke, especially now that we got the overview trailer with no new announcements. $50 for 20-25 year old games. Wow.

Um, was expecting an extra 10 to 20 bucks. What the hell. I hope they do an expansion direct to show more things. Me, my wife and my daughter all have Animal Crossing and would use the expansion pack, which would come to 75 dollars. But I would rather buy the expansions for us and pay for the NSO expansion at a lower price.
They just released an overview video. It only includes what we already know. N64, Genesis, Animal Crossing DLC. That's it.

Oh if it included DLC for Mario Kart I would be paying for this in a heartbeat.

It honestly better be future game expansions as well, because if AC is kept as the static bonus for this tier that's incredibly weak.
It would be great if Mario Kart had dlc coming and was part of this expansion pass. That would go along way to help easing the price.

Are you allowed to call it an expansion if it's literally like double the price lol

I hate that I'll pay for this.

Back
Top Bottom