• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack |ST| New 2024 Poll Up

How will Nintendo handle the NSO with the launch of the Switch 2

• Everything on the service becomes playable on launch day of the new system.

Votes: 139 76.4%
  • A slow roll out with a promise to move everything over within 12 months from launch day

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • LOL Nintendo is going to start all over with just NES games in late 2025

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Nothing will transfer over because the Switch 2 won't be backwards compatible with the Switch 1

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Josh5890

Adept
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
NSO_EN_1080_050521_h264

Included with a basic NSO membership:

• Online play and Nintendo Switch Online app
    The Nintendo Switch Online service lets Nintendo Switch owners enjoy online play in compatible games like Splatoon 2, ARMS, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
    Nintendo Switch Online members can also access the Nintendo Switch Online app to send play invitations and participate in voice chat (restricted to members aged 13+) for compatible games such as Splatoon 2.
  • Retro Game Library
    Members can enjoy a growing library of NES games and Super NES games with added online play as part of the paid Nintendo Switch Online membership. With the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app, you can also voice chat during your play sessions. (Click the pictures below to view the full library)
  • Save Data Cloud Backup
    Players with a Nintendo Switch Online membership can save game data online for compatible games. Save data is linked to your Nintendo Account, so you can access it from any Nintendo Switch system by signing in and downloading your save data.
  • Special Offers
    Nintendo Switch Online members in the U.S. and Canada have access to exclusive special offers, such as the option to purchase specially designed controllers for use with NES & Super NES – Nintendo Switch Online games on Nintendo Switch.

MEMBERSHIP PRICES

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

WIRELESS CONTROLLERS AVAILABLE TO NSO MEMBERS ONLY

*CLICK ABOVE FOR LINK TO PURCHASE

FREE GAMES INCLUDED WITH NSO MEMBERSHIP
(IN-GAME PURCHASES AVAILABLE)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1280x720_LEX_key_04222022

Included with the Expansion Pack:

• Nintendo 64 & Sega Genesis games
    The Nintendo Switch Online service lets Nintendo Switch owners enjoy online play in compatible games like Splatoon 2, ARMS, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
    Nintendo Switch Online members can also access the Nintendo Switch Online app to send play invitations and participate in voice chat (restricted to members aged 13+) for compatible games such as Splatoon 2.
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons DLC: Happy Home Showcase
    Join Lottie and her team on a distant resort archipelago and help turn the dream vacation homes of your favorite Animal Crossing characters into a reality. Get creative with new furniture and design options, then share your ideas with players all over the world!
  • Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion
    Play as an Octoling in this large-scale downloadable content that features a full-on single-player adventure spanning 80 missions starring Agent 8, a character who awakens on a dark subway platform.
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Booster Course Pass
    A total of 48 remastered courses from throughout the Mario Kart™ series are racing to the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game! Content will release in 6 waves of 8 courses from March 18, 2022 until the end of 2023.

MEMBERSHIP PRICES
M5thpjH.png

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

*CLICK ABOVE FOR LINK TO PURCHASE​

Last edited:
Famiboards Friend's Code list
8Z1mTW2.png

Nintendo Switch Friend Code Directory

Please post with the following format. Post will be hidden so only registered users who post in this thread can access.

Fami-user name / Nintendo user name / Friend code

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Add each other and watch your friend list grow!

Last edited:
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:

The hide tag doesn't seem to work...

Herb Alpert / HerbAlpert / 0931-5653-5510

Kinda busy lately but it can change.
I'm in Europe (France) and mostly plays MH in multi player so far.

Great idea!

bellydrum / bellydrum / SW-0844-5099-6207

Here is mine

Hopefully I can have some MH Rise/Overcooked 2/Smash sessions with you folks :)
I'm active on weekends, European timezone.

I don't play a lot online but I'd love some Animal Crossing visitors one day.

8Z1mTW2.png

Nintendo Switch Friend Code Directory

Please post with the following format. Post will be hidden so only registered users who post in this thread can access.

Fami-user name / Nintendo user name / Friend code

[Hidden content]

Add each other and watch your friend list grow!

here's mine

Here’s mine:

Last edited:

Not sure if it's hidden... don't know what I'm actually doing...

Last edited:

When they finally bring GameCube games they will have my interest.

Will add everyone above me.

NSO_EN_1080_050521_h264

Included with NSO:

• Online play and Nintendo Switch Online app
  • Retro Game Library
    Members can enjoy a growing library of NES games and Super NES games with added online play as part of the paid Nintendo Switch Online membership. With the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app, you can also voice chat during your play sessions. (Click the pictures below to view the full library)
  • Save Data Cloud Backup
    Players with a Nintendo Switch Online membership can save game data online for compatible games. Save data is linked to your Nintendo Account, so you can access it from any Nintendo Switch system by signing in and downloading your save data.
  • Special Offers
    Nintendo Switch Online members in the U.S. and Canada have access to exclusive special offers, such as the option to purchase specially designed controllers for use with NES & Super NES – Nintendo Switch Online games on Nintendo Switch.

MEMBERSHIP PRICES

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

*CLICK ABOVE FOR LINK TO PURCHASE

FREE GAMES INCLUDED WITH NSO MEMBERSHIP
(IN-GAME PURCHASES AVAILABLE)

COMING SOON*
xqGpZvq.png
icacIob.png

*Expansion pass will require extra fee, TBD.​
I think there's also game trials too where you get full game access within a limited window (as opposed to a demo where you get limited game access for an unlimited time).

I mostly play Smash online but I'm super excited for Mario Party Superstars.

Last edited:

Here’s mine

Just announced on the Animal Crossing Direct. It will include all current NSO features as well as....

• Nintendo 64 games
  • Sega Genesis Games
  • Animal Crossing Paid DLC

Expansion pass will be available in the US on 10/25/2021

ve0zCqV.jpg

Links for the controller below,

4f68ee1c27a5c25a5ebf3066ffc23d84.jpg

Future N64 games:

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Mario Golf
  • Pokémon Snap
  • F-Zero X
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Stars
  • Paper Mario
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Custom Robo (JP)
  • Custom Robo V2 (JP)

Last edited:
It also includes the Animal Crossing expansion, which leads me to believe Nintendo may bundle other DLC in this going forward.

Yeah this is way too expensive IMO. Unless Goldeneye makes it on I'll pass for now.

Uhh, that's a shitty price. Way too high. At least it looks like various DLC will be possibly be included, but still that's freaking ridiculous.

Just tell me there are tiers to this. I don't need the Animal Crossing expansion, i just want the N64 and Mega Drive retro apps

Wow that's way more than expected. DLC I don't want coming with it doesn't really sweeten the deal. And I wonder if you own the DLC or not.

Jesus Christ, that's expensive.

Yeah, I think I'm good.
It is. 30 extra for n64 and genesis. Paying more than double for that. Not missing much tho tbh because genesis I got through a lot of other packs, and n64 doesn't offer much I haven't played.

At least it's just an optional tier. I'd be pissed if the normal sub increased that much.

Well Nintendo said they have to talk more about the expansion so you’d definitely expect them to add more if they’re raising the price by $30 lol

Back
Top Bottom