• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News NOVECT (The House in Fata Morgana) announces mystery adventure game Project Code Name "M"

Fata Morgana was amazing, so I'm definitely picking this up day one!

I'm a sucker for (murder) mysteries and this looks great so far. It also looks pretty far along, hope we'll see it release fairly soon.

not really a fan of hybrid stuff like this with gameplay elements included compared to straight VNs in general but anything written and directed by the same guy as Fata Morgana is an instant buy from me regardless

looking forward to it

not really a fan of hybrid stuff like this with gameplay elements included compared to straight VNs in general but anything written and directed by the same guy as Fata Morgana is an instant buy from me regardless

looking forward to it
On the contrary, I'm a huge fan of hybrid VNs and sad that there isn't that many hence why I'm really excited for this new game. I find the gameplay and investigation elements gets you into the game and feel more impacted. Of course, not all of them are perfect such as the trash mini games in Danganronpa lol.

Oh my GOD !!!

I don't want to proclaim myself as Fami's biggest Fata Morgana stan, in case I'm not, but I have little to no doubt that Novect is gonna ring this one home, with a premise and a setting that's extremely promising as far as I'm concerned.

Interview with Hanada Keika
there's also an interview that should probably be added to the op fyi:

haven't read it yet but apparently the goal is for a 2023 release and for a simultaneous english release

edit: they want the final title to be easy to understand in both english and japanese and also want to have a publisher in place before announcing what it will be called

the theme from the trailer is called "The Sheep in the Slaughterhouse" and a full version of it is available on various streaming services:

Last edited:
there's also an interview that should probably be added to the op fyi:

haven't read it yet but apparently the goal is for a 2023 release and for a simultaneous english release
One of my friends did this interview, it's really nice! Hanada seems very sincere, and I liked the background info on Novect and Fatamoru.

I adored Fata Morgana, and the trailer for this looked incredible. The urban setting and premise sound like a perfect fit for me. I am very excited to see more. This is definitely looking to be another classic.

I'm not a fan of the soundtrack, to be honest. Especially the first half of the trailer's soundtrack is too upbeat. Doesn't fit with the tone of the trailer, though that's just one example. It'll perhaps fit more in the game.

Anyway, can't wait for this game!

new fanbox post from hanada, including updates on project M and a brief history of novect and fata morgana

there's some new screenshots as well

sBEUHnuz6mhoUKuaCI74500Q.jpeg

oWbIIgt315TDydxr1v9wAMmv.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom