• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

News No Man's Sky announced for Nintendo Switch (UPDATE: releasing October 7th, physical version confirmed)

MeatheadSamus

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
i play warframe, nothing in that twitter video or the trailer can't be done on Switch
Warframe looks excellent and you're right--this does kind of take after that visually. Switch can definitely handle this--not to mention you can see the pop-in. Didn't notice it until after the 4th time I watched, but it's there. Unsure why people can't believe this is Switch.

fourfourfun

Piranha Plant
Series X player here and that video looked tangibly Switch to me, so that is really helpful. Pop in, shimmering lines, foggy distance. Not saying those as bad things, christ it is great to have NMS on Switch. I'll be getting it.

Tangerine_Cookie

Style Savvy Suppliant
Pronouns
She/Her
Warframe looks excellent and you're right--this does kind of take after that visually. Switch can definitely handle this--not to mention you can see the pop-in. Didn't notice it until after the 4th time I watched, but it's there. Unsure why people can't believe this is Switch.
Because the ongoing narrative has mutated from "the switch is less powerful than the other consoles" to "the switch is as powerful as a toaster" over time, and now people absolutely low-ball what the switch can actually do.

We still have people all over the internet absolutely convinced the switch can't run PS3 era games, or even PS2 era games, in some cases; which is bonkers to think about.

merp

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/him
Wonder if I should start collecting...

But yeah, a physical version is nice. Glad we're not doing a "streaming" or "cloud" version.

Dekuman

Like Like
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Series X player here and that video looked tangibly Switch to me, so that is really helpful. Pop in, shimmering lines, foggy distance. Not saying those as bad things, christ it is great to have NMS on Switch. I'll be getting it.
I think we're past the phase of 'it must be cloud' thought it was quite annoying to have that come up during the initial reveal. Worst part, a lot of them were from youtubers doing reaction vids who you'd think they should know better.

Tron1

Bob-omb
Founder
Well I watched a lot of review videos on this game. Sad to say I don’t think this game is for me. I really want to support the devs and their hard work. However, I don’t want to spend money on a game that will overwhelm me and I put down rather soon.

Dekuman

Like Like
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Well I watched a lot of review videos on this game. Sad to say I don’t think this game is for me. I really want to support the devs and their hard work. However, I don’t want to spend money on a game that will overwhelm me and I put down rather soon.
maybe buy it on sale, it seems kind of like a make it whatever you want type of endless game.

Top Bottom