• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News No Man's Sky announced for Nintendo Switch (UPDATE: out now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downgrade is noticeable but whatever, I'm gonna enjoy this on the go. It became a stellar game with all the updates.

Strip20210811a.x93667.png

Hello Games are wizards. Will definitely double dip.

This game looks tremendous (I mean in terms of scope, given all the updates).

Curious how it will run, but was really stoked and surprised to see it pop up in the Direct (y)

Nice addition! I'll check it out, I hope it includes all changes and improvements of the original edition.

I was fully expecting "Cloud Version," to pop up any time there

I was gladly proven wrong. This is a really cool feat - really glad for Hello Games :)

Now that I'm mostly convinced it's not a cloud version... kind of annoys me, really. This is a game I've put many hours into and would love to have portable, but it's like... Oh, it was possible to run on Switch all along, but they don't actually do it until it's far less impressive to see and will already be portable by way of Steam Deck? This would have been a hell of a thing to see in 2017.

Now that I'm mostly convinced it's not a cloud version... kind of annoys me, really. This is a game I've put many hours into and would love to have portable, but it's like... Oh, it was possible to run on Switch all along, but they don't actually do it until it's far less impressive to see and will already be portable by way of Steam Deck? This would have been a hell of a thing to see in 2017.
It takes a lot of time and effort to optimize a game like this for Switch. It was probably close to impossible to do so back in 2017, especially when you consider the state of the game at that time.

I didn't follow the whole No Man's Sky redemption arc. But based on what I have been hearing since the Direct I assume it is correct to say that, in its current state, it is a pretty awesome game, right?

This looks to be right up my alley, but the initial reception the game got obviously makes me doubtful if I should get it.

I think the things that really annoys me with this type of game reveal is just a lot of people who kinda clown on the game or say things like why play this on the Switch. It just seems unnecessary and gatekeepy. But it seems like that for a lot of Switch games ā”(Ā“āˆ‡ļ½€)ā”Œ

This is kind of insane. Im Switch only this gen so I can't wait to jump in for the first time
Yup haven't played the game and now get to enjoy it with all of the added content portable.

Switch software is paying off in dividends at this point.

I think the things that really annoys me with this type of game reveal is just a lot of people who kinda clown on the game or say things like why play this on the Switch. It just seems unnecessary and gatekeepy. But it seems like that for a lot of Switch games ā”(Ā“āˆ‡ļ½€)ā”Œ
Buy the game on Switch, show pictures of it to their faces, and tell said people to fuck off. ;)

Had to do something like that when The Witcher 3 came out on Switch.

The whole graphics debate is kinda starting to turn me away from the gaming community. It's depressing. I really don't care which console has more pixels or better ray tracing, just lemme play the damn game.

I say this as someone who loves the Series S.

I'm genuinely shocked it looks as good as it does, but I'll happily jump in at last after all these updates to the game. I really didn't expect to see it until Switch hardware supported DLSS (but since the game already does on PC, goddamn it's gonna be breathtaking on new hardware with minimal effort now that the bulk is done)

This is as good a time as any to dunk on Squeenix for making a couple PS2 games cloud editions when Hello Games managed to get NMS running natively on hardware

If it is indeed native and the resolution isnā€™t completely smeared with Vaseline Iā€™m prepared to invest serious time in this game.

looks alright, i too would've been more hyped if this came out a couple years ago. still neat though! will definitely keep an eye on this one

Honestly it could just be me but visually this looks really good. Is it just me?
Nope, it looks real good for an "impossible" port. Resolution is a little low and the draw distance isn't too far out, but it doesn't distract.

Where do I preorder?

I honestly think this will be a solid port, considering its dependent of proceedural generation, and thus is much more readily scalable, with the right optimizations and configurations.

Image quality isn't bad at all. It might be a little soft, but no softer than what A4 produced with Metro Redux collection, which used reconstruction.

Buy the game on Switch, show pictures of it to their faces, and tell said people to fuck off. ;)

Had to do something like that when The Witcher 3 came out on Switch.
Iā€™m not bothered by it but it is annoying to constantly hear about as it just reminds me sometimes of enthusiast snobbery when it comes to gaming and a hyper focus on a particular demographic.

I only brought it up because itā€™s something Iā€™ve noticed from Easy Allies for a few years now.
The whole graphics debate is kinda starting to turn me away from the gaming community. It's depressing. I really don't care which console has more pixels or better ray tracing, just lemme play the damn game.

I say this as someone who loves the Series S.
Yeah it is kinda annoying especially with Digital Foundry kinda encouraging such views at times even though they are more focused on the interesting technical aspects of games.

Quoted by: SiG
Iā€™m not bothered by it but it is annoying to constantly hear about as it just reminds me sometimes of enthusiast snobbery when it comes to gaming and a hyper focus on a particular demographic.

I only brought it up because itā€™s something Iā€™ve noticed from Easy Allies for a few years now.
Oh you get those types from all corners of the internet where tech is involved. Basically Nintendo-haters.

I still canā€˜t believe that this game is able to run on a switch. If it manages to run at a somewhat consistent 30fps this will be one of the most impressive switch port yet considering how good it looks from the few footage weā€˜ve seen.

Nice

I have it on Ps4, but like always I will buy the switch version for portability purposes.

You know what, this game still looks better than arceous, man... Gamefreak is having a rough time with this HD transition.

I had been waiting for it for a very long time, I couldn't believe it anymore. I'm super happy, D1 for me.

From the trailer it looks like they did an amazing job, insta-D1 šŸ¤©šŸ¤©

This will be incredibly impressive if it ends up running decently. Regardless, good for people who want portable NMS.

Like the Witcher 3 on Switch some seems to be really triggered by this game coming to Switch.
It's like the sacred holy cows showing how powerful and great their consoles are getting natively ported to Switch breaks something in their brains.

I got a Series X specifically to play stuff that wouldn't head to Switch: this was one such game. Incredible to think I could have a hold in the hands version. In fact, going through some of the grindy stuff would be much preferable handheld. I would assume cross-save isn't a thing.

Like the Witcher 3 on Switch some seems to be really triggered by this game coming to Switch.
It's like the sacred holy cows showing how powerful and great their consoles are getting natively ported to Switch breaks something in their brains.
Do you have any specific examples? I could use a good laugh.

Do you have any specific examples? I could use a good laugh.
The Era thread on this game and the official trailer upload on youtube

That said many live reactions immediately assumed cloud version, and i think that was a fair question /assumption/first reaciton given how good it looked on the short segment shown. The trailer upload actually shows even more of the game and seems to trigger even more people.

The game is finally good now, right? What exactly did they change since it originally launched?

That said many live reactions immediately assumed cloud version, and i think that was a fair question /assumption/first reaciton given how good it looked on the short segment shown. The trailer upload actually shows even more of the game and seems to trigger even more people.
Sad. Era truly is a miserable place. I'm so happy this place exists.

The game is finally good now, right? What exactly did they change since it originally launched?
Pretty much everything. They added base building, tons of new vehicles, new missions, first person mode, tons of adjustment to the planet generation, rideable animals, giant sandworms, etc.

Edit: Also multiplayer and you can build your own towns.

Pretty much everything. They added base building, tons of new vehicles, new missions, first person mode, tons of adjustment to the planet generation, rideable animals, giant sandworms, etc.
Did they give it more of a main storyline or main mission? I remember originally it was pretty aimless.

Did they give it more of a main storyline or main mission? I remember originally it was pretty aimless.
Yeah, they've changed that quite a bit. It's still not the main focus of the game though, it's basically Minecraft in space right now.

There's also mini co-op campaigns now.

Who do you see that is "triggered" on the trailer upload, the comments are mostly praise or surprise

It shows once again that 90% of all games could run perfectly fine on Switch in theory.

Yeah, they've changed that quite a bit. It's still not the main focus of the game though, it's basically Minecraft in space right now.

There's also mini co-op campaigns now.
Hmmmmm I guess I'll have to wait on reviews and price. Not a big fan of aimless building games like Minecraft, I need more structure in my games.

The stream made it look butt but when I watched the upload on Nintendo's channel it actually seemed fine. There's some fuzziness to it that I've come to expect from downports but nothing dealbreaking. Tried getting into it on Game Pass but couldn't. If this has gyro aiming I might give it another try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom